Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineeviscerated
drugbunny
Female

So I had a phone interview...
    #11162873 - 10/01/09 12:02 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

for a job 6 months ago, and I never heard back from them.  I just got a call saying that they want an in-person interview.

lolwut but no I really need a job.

When this guy called up and said I previously interviewd with this lady for x company I had to bite my tongue and think HARD before almost telling him I had no idea what he was talking about.  Trouble is I don't even remember wtf this company does anymore so I have to study up before my interview tomorrow. 

Plus, what does this say about the company?  We had an opening 6 months ago and chose another candidate, but that either didn't work out or one of our regular employees quit so you're in!

And the icing on the fucking cake?  This company is in the same office building (just down the hall in fact) from another shitty job I had 2 years ago -- I was one of their best employees but they liked to circumvent real bonuses by giving me lotto tickets instead (no joke) and gypped me out of a lot of commissions.  I padded that CEO's pocket by a pretty penny, so he could eat steak everyday for lunch and skip out of work to go to many football games.  Shithead fuckers.  Anyway, I'm 95% likely to run into someone I worked with, especially since I saw my old CEO at a freaking city festival recently.

--------------------

Looking for: AUS, Cambo, F+, KSS, Lipa Yai, PE, PR, TEX, AF/TR or others  //  My strains: ARG, B+, HAW, Malay, MDK, SA, TAS, Yos(EQ), Z Strain(GT)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: So I had a phone interview... [Re: eviscerated]
    #11162899 - 10/01/09 12:07 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

That's pretty funny.  Just be happy you got a callback.  Companies typically keep your resume on file, so they either had the job open back up, or had a similar job opening that they felt your skills would complement nicely.

Be happy, its a good day.  Now LAND THAT JOB!  one in 9 Americans doesn't have a job, be one of the other 8!

Offlineeviscerated
drugbunny
Female

Re: So I had a phone interview... [Re: memes]
    #11162932 - 10/01/09 12:14 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Geez, I really need a job but I've been hoping to get an interview from one of my applications in a completely different industry than this one... Arrgh. 

One day my job will be enjoyable.  Just not this day.

--------------------

Looking for: AUS, Cambo, F+, KSS, Lipa Yai, PE, PR, TEX, AF/TR or others  //  My strains: ARG, B+, HAW, Malay, MDK, SA, TAS, Yos(EQ), Z Strain(GT)

Edited by eviscerated (10/01/09 12:15 PM)

Offlinemissargyle
Stranger
Female

#11163268 - 10/01/09 01:19 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

if you don't want the job, i'm sure there's 10 other people who'd jump at it regardless of how long the company took to get back to them.

i'd hold your judgment on the company and its hiring practices until you get in there and meet with people face to face. you never know what happened and why they have and opening now.

be happy that you're getting called in for an interview at all...

Offlineeviscerated
drugbunny
Female

Re: So I had a phone interview... [Re: missargyle]
    #11166833 - 10/02/09 12:28 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

oh trust me i'm glad i've got an interview, it just makes me sad to not be heading the direction I want to be.  I had an awesome job working for a certain software company that paid well, i enjoyed the work, it was satisfying, and for once a good work environment.  yeah well i got laid off last december when they decided to close my whole office, not even two weeks after they told us the contract was extended.  i took a shit retail job and wasted 11 months slaving when I make more in unemployment every week than i do working.  now benefits are about to run out and ive been busting ass to find any job that pays a fraction of what I was making before (which wasnt that much!)  <--- typed from my phone so sorry for lack of cohesive formatting

--------------------

InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#11166866 - 10/02/09 12:32 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Yea I have an interview tomorrow also.  Also at a place I find boring, :shrug:  However I plan on quitting in some months because Im going to grad school next fall so I figure I can hang

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub