Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineXtraLame
Pro
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
Defining a panic attack
    #11162400 - 10/01/09 09:19 AM (8 years, 22 days ago)

READ LAST PARAGRAPH FOR ACTUAL TOPIC (the rest is a build up to the question in my experience)

------------------------------

Ok, so i've been off drugs for a year since my panic attack (triggered by a combination of weed and pills). I haven't had one since then, though I find that things like cigarettes and caffeine affect me quiet differently, the differences are negligible.

Anyways, in my early experimenting days, I was in Amsterdam and bought myself a box of the mexicans. The head shop guy recommended i eat half because i was new, and too eat the rest off the box if i felt good enough once the effects kicked in. Being the only ever drug I had taken after caffeine and alcohol I made the mistake of continuously eating more mushrooms when not feeling anything.

Once the trip began, from what I can remember it was INTENSE. In the first hours or so (at least according to me) I felt an overwhelming sensation of panic, and eventually tried to surrender my mind, thinking it would stop me from panicking. I laid on a couch amongst strangers thinking that if I repeated 'take me' in my mind, that I would stop the panic. Yet, when I closed my eyes, the colors would form square shapes and it felt like they were coming towards me. Eventually, going to my room at the hostel, I calmed down and the rest of the trip was rather intriguing, experiencing an overwhelming feeling of goodness, calmness, a moment of eternity and time slow downs (particularly when yawning).

Finally, when I compare the panic (bad trip) I felt on the mushrooms to the panic attack I had due to substance abuse, the only differences are that on mushrooms, my mind was telling me that it was the mushrooms, and because of all the hallucinations going on around me, I would try and and 'go with it' and repeat 'take me' in my mind so as to be free of panic, however, in my drug induced panic attack, I experienced the exact same thing, a rushing heart, anxiety, fear, but because there was nothing distracting me, nothing telling anything was wrong, my mind took control and i convinced myself: 'well if i haven't had anything hard... then there is definitely something wrong'. Which is the point at the which of course in most panic attacks getting the quiet logical feeling of dying (at the time).

So my question is this, is having a bad trip on mushrooms the same as having a panic attack? The only difference being though is that the panic attack occurs involuntarily, without any drug?

--------------------
Perth, WA - hit us up ;-)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblesuiM
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: Defining a panic attack [Re: XtraLame]
    #11162403 - 10/01/09 09:23 AM (8 years, 22 days ago)

no theres much ore than just panic attack symptoms to a bad trip, but having a negetive experience can bring about a panic attack. the panic attack could be considered a reactive factor to a bad trip.

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

OfflineXtraLame
Pro
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: Defining a panic attack [Re: sui]
    #11162432 - 10/01/09 09:39 AM (8 years, 22 days ago)

I'm fairly positive though, that after having the mushrooms I was panicking for some time, perhaps not as aware of the panic as an actual panic attack due to the effects of the mushrooms, but certainly the level of anxiety, fear and panic was similar, only with the mushrooms I felt a higher degree of calmness because I knew I had taken mushrooms and I knew this was possibly one of the effects.

--------------------
Perth, WA - hit us up ;-)

Edited by XtraLame (10/01/09 09:41 AM)

InvisiblesuiM
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: Defining a panic attack [Re: XtraLame]
    #11162445 - 10/01/09 09:44 AM (8 years, 22 days ago)

well yeah, it can happen but all bad trips arnt panic attacks in general.

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience