Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Having loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all?
    #11162066 - 10/01/09 06:11 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

True

Or

False?

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Having loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all? [Re: Coaster]
    #11162068 - 10/01/09 06:12 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I say true but Ive never loved at all.

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Re: Having loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all? [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #11162074 - 10/01/09 06:16 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

i lost my love and i feel so empty i dunno if i am better off that way

--------------------

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Having loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all? [Re: Coaster]
    #11162077 - 10/01/09 06:17 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I've had girlfriends and all who I told I loved and told me they loved me but now Im not sure it was true love.

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Re: Having loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all? [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #11162082 - 10/01/09 06:19 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

ya my x fiance told me she loved me and still does but her definition is totally different from my own

--------------------

Offlineistandalone
the clit commander
Male

Loc: somewhere in southern VT
    #11162192 - 10/01/09 07:30 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

i think in the long run, it's better to have loved and lost.
but for the first few weeks/months it's hard getting used to not having your slice around all the time.

but, there are two sure fire ways to cure that pain. random pussy, and of course ketamine...the end all be all of emotional numbness.

--------------------
Now he's Johnny Hammersticks hammerin' away like he's friggin' Tommy Noble

OfflineI AM SWIM
doin' thangs
 User Gallery

Loc: Feels Changsta Man
Re: Having loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all? [Re: istandalone]
    #11162208 - 10/01/09 07:36 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

i duno man, sometimes i think false. :shrug:

but yeah i see why ppl say true too.
I dont think it's true.

--------------------

Invisiblevisions

Loc: utopia
Re: Having loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all? [Re: I AM SWIM]
    #11162236 - 10/01/09 07:50 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

right now id have to say false

--------------------

OfflineAsanteA
flip-flop magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #11162243 - 10/01/09 07:52 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

False.

You can "love" someone who poisons your life, making you worse off that living like a bachelor fapping at pr0n.

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Re: Having loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all? [Re: istandalone]
    #11162288 - 10/01/09 08:19 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

istandalone said:
i think in the long run, it's better to have loved and lost.
but for the first few weeks/months it's hard getting used to not having your slice around all the time.

but, there are two sure fire ways to cure that pain. random pussy, and of course ketamine...the end all be all of emotional numbness.

how about random pussy on ketamine :naughty:

--------------------

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
    #11162438 - 10/01/09 09:42 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:
i lost my love and i feel so empty i dunno if i am better off that way

Maybe you should get back together with her...

Is stealing ketamine the only thing she did? Or is there more to it than that?

:heart:

--------------------

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

Re: Having loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all? [Re: RobMarley420]
    #11162449 - 10/01/09 09:45 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Im noticing a theme with people. It seems the first person you "surrender" yourself to and fall in love with sticks with you for a LONG as time. I cant tell you how many times ive seen someone grow with one person, then separate and be unable to move on. Myself included at one point. Sure does blow :strokebeard: being alone sucks. But being alone is healthy compared to sticking with someone you need to move on from.

Hell being alone allowed me to become a man and develop the womanizing tea drinker you see before you :smirk:

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Edited by Almond Flour (10/01/09 09:47 AM)

OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (523) 327-2836
    #11162459 - 10/01/09 09:50 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

that one's an infinite FAIL...if for no other reason then just simple ignorance

I mean - it's impossible to be effected by something that you have absolutely NO connection to what-so-ever...and I guarantee you that 'love' comes with much more heartache then loneliness

consider the pain that comes with withdraws from something like heroin, and I guarantee you you'd be hard pressed to find an addict that doesn't regret ever having started shooting up in the first place...and if you think for a second that emotional addictions are somehow any less painful then physical addiction, then dare I say you have never been all that 'addicted' to anyone to begin with

and I'll admit that people can be taken in moderation as well here, and it's very possible for loved ones to each have lives of their own and only have their little soirees from time to time when the moment is right for the each of em...but come on...how many relationships do you honestly think ever work out perfectly like that (hell - how many drug addictions ever work out with the same synergy)

an addiction is an addiction, regardless what type of addiction it is to begin with...and every addiction out there is a very delicate balancing act of sorts to begin with (regardless if you're juggling things between yourself, a dealer, and your job (plus whatever social life you maintain throughout all of this) or yourself, a significant other, and whatever sort of social life exists in that set of circumstances) money will always be a part of the equation / the people you're with will always be another / the things you do / the places you go / the experiences you have ..... these will ALL add to the complexity of your existence

and when you need any aspect of any one of those things - you are only taking the risk of the inevitable pain that will undoubtedly result when that particular part of the equation gets left out...losing a job will 'hurt' just as much as losing a loved one (the main difference, of course, being that 'work' is an absolute necessity while 'love' is an added perk at best)

life is complicated enough as it is already, and by trying to add more 'good' into your world (be it through a relationship, or a new hobby, or whatever) all you're doing is also making the gestalt of things that much more difficult to maintain the proper balance...and if you ask me - most people in this day and age can't maintain a proper balance in things even under the most forgiving of situation as it is anyway...so why they keep insisting on complicating things a million fold by bringing someone else into the mix is beyond me

people need to learn to take care of their damned selves before they insist on trying to take care of somebody else in the process  :nonono:

--------------------

:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

Re: Having loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all? [Re: Muppet]
    #11162476 - 10/01/09 09:56 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Muppet said:
that one's an infinite FAIL...if for no other reason then just simple ignorance

I mean - it's impossible to be effected by something that you have absolutely NO connection to what-so-ever...and I guarantee you that 'love' comes with much more heartache then loneliness

consider the pain that comes with withdraws from something like heroin, and I guarantee you you'd be hard pressed to find an addict that doesn't regret ever having started shooting up in the first place...and if you think for a second that emotional addictions are somehow any less painful then physical addiction, then dare I say you have never been all that 'addicted' to anyone to begin with

and I'll admit that people can be taken in moderation as well here, and it's very possible for loved ones to each have lives of their own and only have their little soirees from time to time when the moment is right for the each of em...but come on...how many relationships do you honestly think ever work out perfectly like that (hell - how many drug addictions ever work out with the same synergy)

an addiction is an addiction, regardless what type of addiction it is to begin with...and every addiction out there is a very delicate balancing act of sorts to begin with (regardless if you're juggling things between yourself, a dealer, and your job (plus whatever social life you maintain throughout all of this) or yourself, a significant other, and whatever sort of social life exists in that set of circumstances) money will always be a part of the equation / the people you're with will always be another / the things you do / the places you go / the experiences you have ..... these will ALL add to the complexity of your existence

and when you need any aspect of any one of those things - you are only taking the risk of the inevitable pain that will undoubtedly result when that particular part of the equation gets left out...losing a job will 'hurt' just as much as losing a loved one (the main difference, of course, being that 'work' is an absolute necessity while 'love' is an added perk at best)

life is complicated enough as it is already, and by trying to add more 'good' into your world (be it through a relationship, or a new hobby, or whatever) all you're doing is also making the gestalt of things that much more difficult to maintain the proper balance...and if you ask me - most people in this day and age can't maintain a proper balance in things even under the most forgiving of situation as it is anyway...so why they keep insisting on complicating things a million fold by bringing someone else into the mix is beyond me

people need to learn to take care of their damned selves before they insist on trying to take care of somebody else in the process  :nonono:

:jamming:

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Offlinefeifen

Re: Having loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all? [Re: Muppet]
    #11162519 - 10/01/09 10:13 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Life is too short not to take chances.

Live and lose than to have never gotten at all.

I lost the love of my life last year, and I must say to this day I do love her and I do miss her, but I am not sad. I do not regret dating her at all, if I could I would do it all over again the same way.

It helped little by little shape the me who I am today, and I must thank her for helping me open up.

Without her when I was younger I probably would of put a bullet in my head, she was the first and only person to make me feel like I was actually worth something to the world. The amount of emotion she gave me was so far out I didn't think it was even possible to feel like I did. Sure people told me they loved me, but she really showed me she did.. the things she went out of the way to do for me was insane

I can only hope that one day I will find a love worth fighting for.. but for now I am glad I loved and lost than to never have loved.

Sometimes love is all you got going for you.

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

Re: Having loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all? [Re: feifen]
    #11162523 - 10/01/09 10:16 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

The beauty of love is worth the pain that may follow. We as humans tend to look at the negatives though and forgot entirely the times that were great. Sure it may be hard now that that person is gone, but what about the times you were with them when time seemed to stop still?

Love is the biggest trip of them all, but like any drug it may end.

--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

Offlinefeifen

Re: Having loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all? [Re: Rocker232]
    #11162532 - 10/01/09 10:18 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Rocker232 said:

Love is the biggest trip of them all, but like any drug it will end

Fixed.

I agree though, for all the good times that will come of it I say it is definitely worth giving love a shot. :love:

InvisibleDelicious Apes

#11162534 - 10/01/09 10:19 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

True. Time goes on, they'll be more.

InvisibleAmericanPsycho
Abomination of Nature
Male User Gallery

Loc: Normandy SR2 Flag
    #11162543 - 10/01/09 10:26 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

istandalone said:

What about :pills: and :syringe:

--------------------

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

Re: Having loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all? [Re: feifen]
    #11162548 - 10/01/09 10:27 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

feifen said:
Quote:

Rocker232 said:

Love is the biggest trip of them all, but like any drug it will end

Fixed.

I agree though, for all the good times that will come of it I say it is definitely worth giving love a shot. :love:

So you feel no one is capable of loving someone for their whole life? I know many older couples that have simply always been in love and most likely continue to be.

Girls come and go. So do cars. So do shirts, hats and shoes. I feel some stick around though and if they have left look to the mirror every once in awhile when searching for the reason.

--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub