Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLoganSmith
Stranger
 User Gallery
Dead BRF? - Dried out cakes.
    #11160540 - 09/30/09 09:56 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I did not have micropore tape so I used tyvek. I just put tyvek with nothing else, and yeah theyre dry as hell. I just broke one open and the cake is like a fucking brick. I am guessing theyre dead. Is there anything I can do with the mycellium? Some of them are like 75-90% but most are like 50%.

I just re did some PF tek with tyvek and I drilled 4 1/8" holes in the metal cover and placed it over the tyvek. Should I put micropore over the holes after innoc? My problem is all I have is the tanspore and it melts in the PC so I can't use it.

--------------------
"i tripped normal for the first 3 hours, started coming down, then opened my eyes and it was 3 hours later, pitch black outside, and i was outside of my body, looking at myself dead on the couch.  this lasted until midnight "

Edited by LoganSmith (09/30/09 09:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLoganSmith
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Dead BRF? - Dried out cakes. [Re: LoganSmith]
    #11161355 - 09/30/09 11:49 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

awww no ideas?

--------------------
"i tripped normal for the first 3 hours, started coming down, then opened my eyes and it was 3 hours later, pitch black outside, and i was outside of my body, looking at myself dead on the couch.  this lasted until midnight "

OfflineLoganSmith
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #11161643 - 10/01/09 12:54 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Just let em ride man. Pretty sure you're going to have to scrap em. Give em a week or so to get to 100% then fruit em.

--------------------

OfflineFlashReaction
It all happens in a flash...

#11161648 - 10/01/09 12:56 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Are you putting foil over the top of your jars when you PC them? Perhaps the heat is causing the water inside the jars to evaporate through the holes and leaving them dry? And yes, put micropore tape over the holes after you inoculate.

Put masking tape over the holes and put foil over the top of the jars, and then sterilize them. Then inoculate (poke the syringe needle through the masking tape), remove the masking tape covering the holes afterwards, and then put micropore tape over the inoculation holes.

--------------------
I do not condone or participate in any illegal activities. All of my posts are complete fiction.

Invisiblebumpn
jesus juice

Loc: HELL
    #11161650 - 10/01/09 12:57 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

make empty spore syringe with spring water 2cc each cake cross fingers?

--------------------
[if u have PB print PM ME]
{-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------}

Invisiblejoska87
xenophobia
Male User Gallery

Loc: Idaho...No U Da Ho
    #11162107 - 10/01/09 04:36 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

why are you using tyvek its way easier to just use foil and nothing else, no tape.....4 or 2 holes and the foil thas it... all that tape shit isnt really needed...

--------------------
When I was a boy i came across two nuns makin love in cave....That typa shit wont happen in the future...
:strokebeard:

Offlinenonamenomad
Mold Maker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Lost in Thought
Re: Dead BRF? - Dried out cakes. [Re: joska87]
    #11162173 - 10/01/09 05:20 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

joska87 said:
why are you using tyvek its way easier to just use foil and nothing else, no tape.....4 or 2 holes and the foil thas it... all that tape shit isnt really needed...

^^^^^ thats right!
K.eep
I.t
S.imple
S.tupid
...no need for tape, i did it once, it's a waste of materials, and energy. not to mention its a pain in the ass to clean the junk off.
    as long as your using the layer of dry verm at the top, you have plenty of filtering action going on.
    when your preparing your BRF mixture, you should <in my opinion> make sure the mix is JUST BELOW field capacity. this will help keep the jars from stalling due to lack of proper moisture content. start with the standard 2:1:1 ratio, and check the moisture, if you have no drips after you give it a hard squeeze, add water in less than 1/4 cup increments, mixing thoroughly and checking moisture content each time.if your unsure about how to determine field capacity, do a search it's been explained many times
  i agree with Bumpn about adding a bit of sterile water to each cake. if you are familiar with spawning to bulk, you could always use the stalled cakes to do that.
  GL with your grow!

--------------------
"-If we look at the path, we do not see the sky. We are earth people on a spiritual journey to the stars. Our quest, our earth walk, is to look within, to know who we are, to see that we are connected to all things, there is no separation, only in the mind-"
                                Native American-source unknown

"Peace can only come as a natural consequence of Universal Enlightenment."
                                Nikola Tesla-1919

6T's WBS tek

Whaddya mean CASING?

OfflineHarold Hole
suck my substrate
 User Gallery

Re: Dead BRF? - Dried out cakes. [Re: nonamenomad]
    #11162189 - 10/01/09 05:28 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You don't need tape or tyvek with pf tek just a good dry verm layer, and don't handle your jars after inoculation, as it will stir the verm barrier and possibly introduce filtered contams-just leave em to do their thing.  Two layers of foil while pc'ing, no foil after.

--------------------

Invisiblepo0dingles
0o0o0o0o0o0o0

#11162272 - 10/01/09 06:10 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

LoganSmith said:
Just let em ride man. Pretty sure you're going to have to scrap em. Give em a week or so to get to 100% then fruit em.

LOL are u talking to urself?

If you're going to scrap them, why not try saving them first? Sterilize a screwdriver and jam it straight into the center of the lid. Then take a straw and plunge it into the center/bottom of the glass. Use an eye dropper and put a couple of drops down the straw. Remove straw and flip the thing upside down. See what happens. :smile: Maybe you'll revitalize it. Maybe it'll grow a contam. Either way you'll have tried something instead of just junking it.

Maybe remove the tape too, and incubate in a tub with a good lid. Freeze a 2-liter bottle or two and drop them into the chamber to increase humidity.

Invisiblepo0dingles
0o0o0o0o0o0o0

Re: Dead BRF? - Dried out cakes. [Re: joska87]
    #11162276 - 10/01/09 06:12 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

joska87 said:

Shit that's a good idea too.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract