Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSeeker_22
LysergicStormtrooper
Male

How do you quit something you love?
    #11159217 - 09/30/09 06:52 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

How can anyone quit herbs? I mean they are so rewarding. Maybe I am just imbalanced. I just love the taste, the feel, the socialization, etc. etc. I feel like I can talk to people better after I blaze with them. Now I am just going to be that guy who always has to pass the bowl or joint to the next guy. I mean I know a couple people who are really cool and don't smoke that much. I just never really thought one of those people could be me. I luv weed. I gotta stop though because all my kind kali hookups are fucked and kidz are trying to push schwagg for 35 dollars. Growing enough to stay supplied is too hard without a huge fucking room and light. So there goes that option. I guess I could smoke at concerts still. Then it would be like a big treat and such. I gotta lotta thinking to do. I mean its not like anyone is forcing this on me. Just something I want to do kind of. I don't want to be defined as a stoner all my life. That is what most people probably think I am. I mean I don't really care, but I do at the same time. Know what I mean? Still though. I hate when the way I feel when I run out of herbz.  :ganja: It's like you have nothing to look forward to when you go home. Atleast for me, I don't have any hot sluts waiting on me @ home.

--------------------
"Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain.  Fire."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleI_was_the_walrus
eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
Re: How do you quit something you love? [Re: Seeker_22]
    #11159237 - 09/30/09 06:56 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I havent smoked in 8 months. I got kinda tired of it. Same shit day in and day out. Wanted to see if I could quit for a year. Didnt think I could and here I am..

OfflineDesertSolitaire
counting sand

Loc: Colorado Plateau
    #11159245 - 09/30/09 06:57 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i used to be in your position man....i loved weed still do...haven't smoked since june 9th and didn't before that for about a month and a half....its gonna be hard if you don't have a real reason to stick too...i gave it up for something better and its been worth it....doesn't mean i wont start smoking occassionally again in a year or so...weed is always gonna be there...just have to know that you aren't really missing out

--------------------
Signature.

OfflineSeeker_22
LysergicStormtrooper
Male

Re: How do you quit something you love? [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #11159249 - 09/30/09 06:58 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I quit cigarettes, but I figured out they sucked. Herbs are the best, they don't suck at all. So flavorful and exotic.

--------------------

Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: How do you quit something you love? [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #11159250 - 09/30/09 06:58 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

stoner!

lol, jk :sun:

i've never had this problem so i can't help. but good luck.

--------------------
Imagination is the organ of meaning.

Invisibleblazenn
rawdog the whale.
Male

Loc: Flag
    #11159254 - 09/30/09 06:59 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

just find some better connects man. and you don't have to stop 100%. just make it a weekend only thing, and on special occasions
for the past 2 months or so i've only been smoking a few times a week rather than a few times a day and i feel much better.
i don't feel so burnt out when i'm not high and i get alot higher when i do smoke. the herb is great and is best when used in moderation, for me anyway

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over Flag
    #11159255 - 09/30/09 06:59 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Um, really doesn't sound like you want to quit man.

And if you don't want to, really want to, it's very hard.

Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: How do you quit something you love? [Re: Brugman]
    #11159268 - 09/30/09 07:00 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

thats like telling someone who likes smoking cigs but wants to stop he doesn't really want to quit.

--------------------

Offlinemeatcakeman
the search for bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: el sol
    #11159275 - 09/30/09 07:01 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Seeker_22 said:
How can anyone quit herbs? I mean they are so rewarding. Maybe I am just imbalanced. I just love the taste, the feel, the socialization, etc. etc. I feel like I can talk to people better after I blaze with them. Now I am just going to be that guy who always has to pass the bowl or joint to the next guy. I mean I know a couple people who are really cool and don't smoke that much. I just never really thought one of those people could be me. I luv weed. I gotta stop though because all my kind kali hookups are fucked and kidz are trying to push schwagg for 35 dollars. Growing enough to stay supplied is too hard without a huge fucking room and light. So there goes that option. I guess I could smoke at concerts still. Then it would be like a big treat and such. I gotta lotta thinking to do. I mean its not like anyone is forcing this on me. Just something I want to do kind of. I don't want to be defined as a stoner all my life. That is what most people probably think I am. I mean I don't really care, but I do at the same time. Know what I mean? Still though. I hate when the way I feel when I run out of herbz.  :ganja: It's like you have nothing to look forward to when you go home. Atleast for me, I don't have any hot sluts waiting on me @ home.

You could definitely grow. It's not that hard. And you don't need that much room either.

--------------------
大开眼界

:awegroove:
:fbsnugs::fbsnugs::fbsnugs:
Hasta siempre, comandante.
:mattz:

Offlinepand0ra
the queen bee
Female

Re: How do you quit something you love? [Re: meatcakeman]
    #11159351 - 09/30/09 07:10 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i've been smoking weed every day for like nine years now and i'm thinking i might give a rest for a while soon. there's nothing wrong with that it's just hard because it's something you associate with yourself since you've been doin it for so long. you might have trouble eating or sleeping for a little while. but whatever you choose best of luck mang

--------------------
"a little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest man." - Willy Wonka

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over Flag
Re: How do you quit something you love? [Re: showme]
    #11159360 - 09/30/09 07:11 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

showme said:
thats like telling someone who likes smoking cigs but wants to stop he doesn't really want to quit.

Very good! If you truly love it, you're not going to quit.

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
Re: How do you quit something you love? [Re: showme]
    #11159365 - 09/30/09 07:11 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

any time a person propositions the idea of quitting smoking weed, as if that is some way of proving your inner strength...

I think to myself, or even tell them, that I will smoke weed for the rest of my life.

BUT, as I've matured, I've come to enjoy tolerance breaks, I smoke more moderately, depending on the situation...and I can smoke for days, then run out, and really not give a fuck. I only really give a fuck if I had special plans or there is some medical reason why I'd be much better off with it.

anyways, the point being : Don't deny yourself something you love, something that is so relatively harmless. Don't quit unless you TRULY HONESTLY want to. 

But apparently, from your post, you are quitting due to lack of availability. I didn't smoke all summer, pretty much...and you know what? after the first few days, it was nothing. I missed it at times, but I never had fiendish cravings. It really didn't matter, except on days of heavy rain (my fav smoking days). If you have to quit due to lack of availability, LOOK FORWARD TO IT. Love it, appreciate it. Do something you might not have done if you were stoned (i am extremely productive while stoned, but some tasks are very unappealing in that dreamy state). Look at it as a chance to improve a neglected aspect of yourself. And best of all, you can take solace, and not give a shit about smoking, because you can know in the back of your mind that when it finally DOES come around, it will be epic.

In fact, so epic, you might end up like me, and prefer the epic high that comes with moderation (as well as improving your contentment with not being stoned), and give up the old ways of overdoing it every day and not being able to achieve that old school life-changing, mindblowing high

I hope this helps you quit :wink:

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Edited by the bizzle (09/30/09 07:13 PM)

Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: How do you quit something you love? [Re: Brugman]
    #11159426 - 09/30/09 07:18 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Brugman said:
Quote:

showme said:

Very good! If you truly love it, you're not going to quit.

well, it's been done before. Everyone has their reasons, if not only fulfilling one of their personal goals.

--------------------

OfflineSeeker_22
LysergicStormtrooper
Male

Re: How do you quit something you love? [Re: the bizzle]
    #11159428 - 09/30/09 07:18 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

There is only one thing that I noticed that is good about quitting weed. And that being that you have way more vivid dreams. Also you can remember them pretty well it seems. I guess that is one pretty cool aspect about it. I know I am going to hate myself and want to die for awhile though. Maybe I should eat a nice healthy square meal to boost my confidence. :lsd:

--------------------

InvisibleSalomon
ಠ︵ಠ balance ಠ_ಠ weaver ಠ‿ಠ
Male

Loc: America, FUCK YEAH Flag
    #11159471 - 09/30/09 07:23 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

either cold turkey, find a replacement, or wean yourself off.

good luck man

:gethigh: - :potleaf: = :murder:

--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
    #11159527 - 09/30/09 07:29 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Seeker_22 said:
There is only one thing that I noticed that is good about quitting weed. And that being that you have way more vivid dreams. Also you can remember them pretty well it seems. I guess that is one pretty cool aspect about it. I know I am going to hate myself and want to die for awhile though. Maybe I should eat a nice healthy square meal to boost my confidence. :lsd:

after 3 days it's fine. Insomnia might persist for a week, but i couldn't tell you, i'm a life-long insomniac.

Believe me, as a person who loves MJ more than just about anything, after a few days it really becomes irrelevant whether or not you smoke. Stick it out long enough and it will become nearly as irrelevant even if you have a bag sitting in your lap. It's so easy to want to smoke your whole bag just because you have it, but with any luck, you will grow to appreciate how amazing it is when you have no tolerance, that you will WANT to not smoke sometimes, BECAUSE you love it so much

My summer of not smoking was very beneficial for me. I find I get more done when I do smoke, but not when I smoke all day, but really, at this point, it's not a big deal if I, for example: get a vacation but don't get any weed to go along with it, because I know I'll get to smoke again eventually. And it feels good not to care if you can't smoke. It feels good to be fine with being "sober". It just feels good. Weed feels good, no weed feels good, and then weed feels AWESOME, and then no weed feels pretty good again as well.

Think of it like this: at least you're not in jail. And if you were, what're ya gonna do? go crazy? just focus your energy on something productive, and know that you will see that beautiful sunset again before you know it. The time will go by much easier if you don't spend so much energy focusing on what you're missing. Focus on what you've got, make the most of it, and everything will work out in the longrun, and there will be plenty of amazing times to come

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

OfflineSeeker_22
LysergicStormtrooper
Male

#11159553 - 09/30/09 07:33 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

good post bizzle. thanx for the advice kind shroomers. If I could rate people still I would give you all 5 caps. :sunny:

--------------------

OfflineDeltron3030
Stranger
Male

#11159572 - 09/30/09 07:36 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

it's very easy to quit if you want to.

if you don't, that's a different story. i'm in the same boat.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds