Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePoptart
 User Gallery

Re: Ayahuasca with a shaman vs. regular tripping or solo? [Re: csrpj]
    #11155498 - 09/30/09 06:17 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

How would one go about finding a true "medicine man"?

Would you have to spend thousands of dollars and search high and low and by random chance run into the right guy?

Would you have to learn a different language?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemyco99
myconade
Male User Gallery

Loc: USS Eldridge
Re: Ayahuasca with a shaman vs. regular tripping or solo? [Re: oxalic32]
    #11155503 - 09/30/09 06:19 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

While you certainly do not need a shaman, I would hesitate to label tripping with a shaman as "submitting".  It's not like after you ingest the brew the shaman is going to have his way with you :ooo:

--------------------
143/0x63/99...It's like watching the mycelium grow...
WARNING: You must be 21 years of age to experience hallucinations.

Offlinemaysrome
It is a disgusting sandwich.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Alabama, USA
Re: Ayahuasca with a shaman vs. regular tripping or solo? [Re: csrpj]
    #11155638 - 09/30/09 07:32 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Three hits, three days alone camping in some nice woods.

That'll give your mind the rush it's looking for.

I'm about to go camping four days. With a half ounce of bud and three hits.

--------------------
Es muss sein?!

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
Re: Ayahuasca with a shaman vs. regular tripping or solo? [Re: Poptart]
    #11156466 - 09/30/09 11:18 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Poptart said:

Would you have to spend thousands of dollars and search high and low and by random chance run into the right guy?

i don't think you would need to spend thousands unless you are flying someplace far. you would be surprised to find out what kind of medicine people live near you. of course not all of us are lucky to live in places where the traditions survived.

if people speak a different language where you are looking they will respect you more if you speak the native tongue. traveling to places like real de catorce in mexico, iquitos and or cuzco in peru might help your search.... but you will run into plenty of fakers and charlatans looking to swindle. its the tragic irony of such places that get tons of white hippies looking for "Spiritual guidance". 

your best bet if you are in the US is to find someone working in the Native American Church. It doesn't have to be a peyote meeting, just look for people doing Inipi sweats, or other medicine ways. Some places in the US are going to be void of such activity. you may have to travel. start making contacts, put the intention out there and i'm sure someone will find you. Be wary of people claiming to be 'shamans' and selling stuff or services.

a good place to find out who the phonies are is :

http://www.newagefraud.org

--------------------

Edited by ShroomDoom (09/30/09 11:29 AM)

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Ayahuasca with a shaman vs. regular tripping or solo? [Re: myco99]
    #11156812 - 09/30/09 12:29 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Poptart said:

its totally not about money. my friend a RXist had a friend who had an ear problem and spent shit tons of money with in the american medicine system with no results. then traveled to india went to a temple and they gave him a plant infusion which he put in his ear and was cure in 3 days. and it was for free other then the travel expenses
Quote:

myco99 said:
While you certainly do not need a shaman, I would hesitate to label tripping with a shaman as "submitting".  It's not like after you ingest the brew the shaman is going to have his way with you :ooo:

hmmm... lol i have had two of the women i brewed for have their way with me, one of them was while on the brew it was intense. this chick had a boyfriend too and decided that she had wanted me for sometime and that she also wanted to end her relationship with that guy. this chick was a magical person on top of it she totally took the power of the brew and canceled it out on the other two people wiht us then focused all the energy on us , causes crazy visuals just for us lots of shape shifting tho we had a magic wizard battle on some other shit.

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlinemyco99
myconade
Male User Gallery

Re: Ayahuasca with a shaman vs. regular tripping or solo? [Re: thedudenj]
    #11156969 - 09/30/09 12:47 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You should have taped it.

Anyway, I was just commenting that the confirmed cases of man on man shaman rape are indeed low, so one should not feel apprehensive about participating in various shamanistic rituals with indigenous peoples.

It should also be noted that the above statement is pure conjecture and based upon absolutely zero research.  It could, in fact, be the case that Westerners are routinely and ritually raped by indigenous shamans.

--------------------

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
Re: Ayahuasca with a shaman vs. regular tripping or solo? [Re: myco99]
    #11157040 - 09/30/09 12:58 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

myco99 said:
Anyway, I was just commenting that the confirmed cases of man on man shaman rape are indeed low, so one should not feel apprehensive about participating in various shamanistic rituals with indigenous peoples.

It should also be noted that the above statement is pure conjecture and based upon absolutely zero research.  It could, in fact, be the case that Westerners are routinely and ritually raped by indigenous shamans.

i have heard of sexual assault from white or mestizo wanna be shamans while in ceremony using ayahuasca. newagefraud.org lists several cases.

indigenous people might do much worse if you meet the wrong one. end up getting sliced in a spiral with obsidian knives, starting at the anus, and ending at the crown of the head. energetically disassembled as food for entities. i read about brujos in veracruz doing this in the book "assault sorcery". not pleasant sounding at all. should make people think twice when looking for "shamans".

--------------------

Edited by ShroomDoom (09/30/09 01:46 PM)

Offlinemyco99
myconade
Male User Gallery

Re: Ayahuasca with a shaman vs. regular tripping or solo? [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #11157140 - 09/30/09 01:15 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Interesting indeed.

I also enjoy how you quoted me completely out of context so that future readers will surely think I have confirmed shamanistic ritual raping. :cool:

--------------------

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Ayahuasca with a shaman vs. regular tripping or solo? [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #11158242 - 09/30/09 04:21 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomDoom said:
Quote:

myco99 said:

i have heard of sexual assault from white or mestizo wanna be shamans while in ceremony using ayahuasca. newagefraud.org lists several cases.

indigenous people might do much worse if you meet the wrong one. end up getting sliced in a spiral with obsidian knives, starting at the anus, and ending at the crown of the head. energetically disassembled as food for entities. i read about brujos in veracruz doing this in the book "assault sorcery". not pleasant sounding at all. should make people think twice when looking for "shamans".

i totally belive it and i doubt its just white people im sure the south americans arnt above that shit its probally less prevalent tho. its important that that ayahuasca doesnt Equal holy it just equals powerful magic summoning. one can summon demons and cast evil spells

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom