Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Agar

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleRonPaulVerm
Piss Christ
Male

2 tissue transfer stories. Help?
    #11155621 - 09/30/09 09:24 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

1. I transferreda wild specimen's tissue onto agar. This small amount of tissue was kept in a half pint of distilled water. I KNOW I probably wasn't being as sterile as I could have been, but that's not what help is needed for. I'm more so wondering about the wetness of the transfer.
see I'm noticing after 2 days white (probably contam) patterns that appear to be where the tissue came in contact with the agar when I placed it on and moved it around. (it landed pore side up and not down). I'm thinking the liquid that was still on the tissue came off onto the agar and infected it. Should tissue presrved in water be moderately dry or moist when being transferred.

2. I transferred tissue from an indoor cultivated stem of a mushroom. After 1 day the tissue had gotten that decomposing shininess to it like if you print a cap and don't have it room to breathe. However I think it is still growing on the agar (beginning to see some signs). Is this a concern?

--------------------
Spawn I Have: Blewitt, Reishi, Maitake, Chicken of the Woods, Parasol, Shaggy Mane, King, Blue and Gold Oyster, Shiitake, King Stropharia, Lions Mane, Almond Portabello, Elm Oyster, Phoenix Oyster, Nameko, Enoki, White Beech,

Spawn I Want: Corcyceps Sp., Cauliflower Mushrooms, Agaricus species (Portobello), Pink Oyster, Piopinno, ...anything else you might have

Primitive Skills                                     

Any information I've posted is only related to fictional purposes. I do not advocate growing any illegal mushrooms 
...I DO advocate learning about
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleratdog
wild capture trader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Colorado mount. top
Re: 2 tissue transfer stories. Help? [Re: RonPaulVerm]
    #11155634 - 09/30/09 09:29 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

time will tell

keep us posted

also what agar did you use? on the wild one was it a h2o2 type?

--------------------
some people just don't get it:spank:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11241796
so here is a video or two or three for you guys:rolleyes:

InvisibleRonPaulVerm
Piss Christ
Male

Re: 2 tissue transfer stories. Help? [Re: ratdog]
    #11155942 - 09/30/09 11:00 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I will.
No it wasn't. I wasn't quote sure about h2o2 so i figured i'd try without it first but I think I might give it a go when I do a batch of Oatmeal agar.
This past batch was PDYA

--------------------
Spawn I Have: Blewitt, Reishi, Maitake, Chicken of the Woods, Parasol, Shaggy Mane, King, Blue and Gold Oyster, Shiitake, King Stropharia, Lions Mane, Almond Portabello, Elm Oyster, Phoenix Oyster, Nameko, Enoki, White Beech,

Spawn I Want: Corcyceps Sp., Cauliflower Mushrooms, Agaricus species (Portobello), Pink Oyster, Piopinno, ...anything else you might have

Primitive Skills                                     

Any information I've posted is only related to fictional purposes. I do not advocate growing any illegal mushrooms 
...I DO advocate learning about
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Agar

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation