Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSpacedTime
Hitchiker
Male User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
ID Amanita Muscaria?
    #11149657 - 09/29/09 10:46 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Habitat: Yorkshire England. Woods, under some Blackberry bushes. Closest tree was Oak.

Gills: White gills, open.

Stem: long, white. 2cm by 20cm.

Cap: about 10cm across. red-orange with white spots.

Spore print color: no spores came out. Already released I think.

Bruising: no bruises, white.

I found these in the woods right as I was planning to visit another area to look for them. They were right on the path I walk on everyday.

Anyone know what they are and are they Muscaria? Can I get high off these?

There was another with them, but it was broken when I got there and it was totally red with no spots.

--------------------
Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemyco_mikey_mo
Mycologist For Hire
Male User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
Re: ID Amanita Muscaria? [Re: SpacedTime]
    #11149669 - 09/29/09 10:49 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i'm not an ID expert but with the white warts and from the looks of things i'd say eat it up. but def get an opinion of a mushie hunter. thats not my area of expertise. you always want to be sure

--------------------
-Give a man some mushies, He'll trip for a day...Teach a man to cultivate, He'll trip for a lifetime-
:thumbup:Self healing Tyvek and Silcone lids for Trade... PM :pm: me:thumbup:
:syringe:Looking for anybody with extra spawn bags for trade... PM:pm: me:syringe:

Invisiblekoraks
Re: ID Amanita Muscaria? [Re: myco_mikey_mo]
    #11149685 - 09/29/09 10:56 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, those are a. muscaria. They produce altogether different effects than psilocybian species. Be sure to read up thoroughly before you even think about eating those.

Invisiblemyco_mikey_mo
Mycologist For Hire
Male User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
Re: ID Amanita Muscaria? [Re: koraks]
    #11149714 - 09/29/09 11:03 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

there you go. advice from a "trusted identifier"

--------------------
-Give a man some mushies, He'll trip for a day...Teach a man to cultivate, He'll trip for a lifetime-
:thumbup:Self healing Tyvek and Silcone lids for Trade... PM :pm: me:thumbup:
:syringe:Looking for anybody with extra spawn bags for trade... PM:pm: me:syringe:

OfflineSpacedTime
Hitchiker
Male User Gallery

Re: ID Amanita Muscaria? [Re: myco_mikey_mo]
    #11149867 - 09/29/09 11:29 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks dudes.

I was pretty sure they were Muscaria. I think these two will make me and my brother happy enough for my first Muscaria trip. I have them drying now. I'll be reading up on treatment and consumption before I think about eating them.

I hear these are more like being drunk than a Lib trip. Is that true?

CAN I EAT THE STEMS OR ONLY THE CAPS?

--------------------

OfflineTheShroomanizer
Stranger-Danger

Loc: The Swamp
    #11149998 - 09/29/09 11:46 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I eat the stems and caps, and yes its similar to being drunk, however the side affects are different for everyone. I dont have any, so i guess im lucky.

--------------------
Trading Prints

-Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could listen twice as much as we speak-

OfflineSpacedTime
Hitchiker
Male User Gallery

Re: ID Amanita Muscaria? [Re: TheShroomanizer]
    #11150138 - 09/29/09 12:12 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Do you think one of these will be enough for a decent trip?

Does anyone know where I can get good instructions for treating these Muscaria? I have them drying now, how many days drying do they need, and do you have to re-hydrate or cook them?

--------------------

Invisiblekoraks
    #11150329 - 09/29/09 12:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

For safety sake and because the potency of individual amanita collections tends to vary considerably, I'd say it's good practice to start with one medium-sized specimen. If nothing much happens, you can up the dose the next time a bit.

And yes, apparently, the effects are not unlike to those of a decent bout of drinking, although side effects such as profuse salivating, sweating and nausea are common.

OfflineSpacedTime
Hitchiker
Male User Gallery

#11155736 - 09/30/09 08:15 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

If you go out drinking in Leeds on a Friday night you will see drinker doing a lot of salivating, sweating and vomiting also. So I guess the similarities to drunkenness is greater than we first thought. lol

Would you say from the pictures that these are medium sized? I dried them for 24 hrs and they have shrunk quite a bit. I know I have only lost water and that they are just the same in potency.

I heard that people grind them into powders and drink them etc. I think Ill just man up and chew one down on it's own. lol

--------------------

InvisibleMycOhunter

#11155805 - 09/30/09 08:34 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

koraks said:
For safety sake and because the potency of individual amanita collections tends to vary considerably, I'd say it's good practice to start with one medium-sized specimen. If nothing much happens, you can up the dose the next time a bit.

And yes, apparently, the effects are not unlike to those of a decent bout of drinking, although side effects such as profuse salivating, sweating and nausea are common.

I agree with your dosage recommendations.

But I would not compare it to alcohol, my experience with A. muscaria var. persicina have always been very interesting, im not saying that they do not give some people an alcohol like feeling, just not me.

I would compare them to natural opiates, they relieve pain, and make breathing a lot easier...makes the lungs feel more open in my experience, also they can either knock you out or give you great bursts of energy depending on the amount consumed.

Also they give you incredible dreams, very vivid!!!

I like to consume one large cap and one small one, I grind them up in a coffee grinder, then put them in a ramen, they taste great when combined with the ramen :grin: but you can definitely taste the acidic flavor in them, maybe from the ibotenic acid?

--------------------
True Community:  The process of deep respect and true listening for the needs of the other people in this community.

OfflineSpacedTime
Hitchiker
Male User Gallery

Re: ID Amanita Muscaria? [Re: MycOhunter]
    #11156960 - 09/30/09 12:46 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I'll have a bite of one and if it's crappy I'll grind the rest up and maybe drink it with some tea or noodles like you said. I can handle a bad taste, but if it's a choice between feeling nauseated or not then I'll go for the apple sauce etc.

Apart from drying out, is there anything else I need to do to these? I read that its important to cook them in water at 190'F. Is that really necessary? I dont have a thermometer.

They are drying on top of the boiler now. they got smaller and now are a bit dark on top and crispy. lol

OfflineIcelandicSojourn
Monist in Training
Male

Loc: Valleys of the Natives
    #11157055 - 09/30/09 12:59 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I don't think there's any need to do that if you intend to make a tea.  Make sure the tea water isn't boiling when you pour it over the powder.  One think to note for the future is that they taste great cooked--Ibotenic acid is a flavor enhancer--so, if they don't give you the effects you want, you might at least be able to use them as a food source if you're interested.  In small amounts--a few spoons to a meal.

--------------------
Ne me parlez plus de politique
Je veux sauver ma vie    :peace:

OfflineSpacedTime
Hitchiker
Male User Gallery

Re: ID Amanita Muscaria? [Re: IcelandicSojourn]
    #11157117 - 09/30/09 01:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well, I will be doing them with my neighbour, and I bet he will have his own tried and tested method for it. But he is on holiday and I don't know when he will be back. If I lose my patience I might just eat one to myself and try it out.
Is it a good high to do alone? Will I be able to stay quiet in my room or should I wait for a day when I'm alone and nobody is home?

--------------------

OfflineIcelandicSojourn
Monist in Training
Male

Loc: Valleys of the Natives
    #11157189 - 09/30/09 01:24 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Effects are highly variable.  You might want to read up on 'em a little.

--------------------
Ne me parlez plus de politique
Je veux sauver ma vie    :peace:

OfflineSpacedTime
Hitchiker
Male User Gallery

Re: ID Amanita Muscaria? [Re: IcelandicSojourn]
    #11162071 - 10/01/09 04:15 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I have been drying two Amanita Muscaria in the boiler cupboard and when I went back to check them they are totally dried out and less than half the size. There are also about 20 tiny worm/maggot things that have also dried and fallen onto the paper.

Is this normal? Should I still eat the shrooms?

--------------------

InvisibleMycOhunter

#11162111 - 10/01/09 04:38 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SpacedTime said:
I have been drying two Amanita Muscaria in the boiler cupboard and when I went back to check them they are totally dried out and less than half the size. There are also about 20 tiny worm/maggot things that have also dried and fallen onto the paper.

Yeah still eat them, dont worry about the fungus gnat larvae.

If you dont want to eat the parts the larvae got into then eat the skin off the top of the caps, also if I were you I would only eat the caps, not the whole mushroom, but you can eat the whole thing if you would like.

--------------------
True Community:  The process of deep respect and true listening for the needs of the other people in this community.

Offlinedrift
Male User Gallery

#11162458 - 10/01/09 07:48 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

SpacedTime said:

That's perfectly normal. If you dry it, the bugs will naturally flee the shroom. I'd be more worried if none came out.

OfflineSpacedTime
Hitchiker
Male User Gallery

Re: ID Amanita Muscaria? [Re: drift]
    #11168201 - 10/02/09 04:39 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

lol, The more I think about it, I would be worried if there were no worms falling out. Im not squeamish, I can manage it fine. They are really tiny anyway.

thanks to all you guys who posted here for your advice.

--------------------

OfflineSpacedTime
Hitchiker
Male User Gallery

#11261071 - 10/16/09 04:23 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I ate one of the caps from the above pictures, and nothing happened. I had half, then he other, and nothing. i was stoned, but I thought I would surely know the difference between weed ad Fly agaric, but I fell asleep and felt nothing.

--------------------

OfflineTheShroomanizer
Stranger-Danger

Loc: The Swamp
    #11262455 - 10/16/09 08:43 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

haha, i literaly just ate 2 LARGE caps of dry amanita amerimuscaria from yesterdays hunt. im only 40 mins into it, and im already feeling a lil somethin. and uhh...Aminita Muscaria have a unique tendancy to make you "dose off".  But the best part is, every time that happens to me, i have crazy dreams, like almost real life dreams, its really fun.  Im guessing between you being high, and tired, and the effects of bud, and the smaller dosages and if you had a full stomach...you prolly did get some feelings mixed in, but wasnt enough for you to notice, especially since you fell asleep. drink lots of cold water or milk to knock off that "drowsy" feeling from A.Muscaria/Amerimuscaria

--------------------
Trading Prints

-Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could listen twice as much as we speak-

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds