Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleI_Stain_Blue
abominableshroomman

Loc: police state
health effects of mushrooms
    #1113974 - 12/05/02 01:44 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I know this topic has come up countless times in the past, but I would like to start a contemporary thread.  Although there has not been much US research on the long term health effects of psilocybin consumption, has there been some other research?  Is there some place I can go on the internet for some unbiased information about the effects of frequent tripping- - i.e. how much is too frequent?  Does the size of the dose matter?

my current general idea from internet research is that tripping spaced with 4-6 weeks between each trip is healthy, and that the size of the dose doesnt really matter. 

I also realized, that "health effects" is a general term, and some effects we would all call positive are considered negative to, say, the US govt or some medical researcher.  I would like some opinions.

:grin:

--------------------
Be Here Now

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: health effects of mushrooms [Re: I_Stain_Blue]
    #1114018 - 12/05/02 01:55 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

i would guess that there are no studies because there aren't enough people to study. that is: people who shroom a lot aren't easy enough to find that you could get a large enough sample to make the study valid. you may personally know some people who gobble shrooms real often but how many do you know? and if you don't know many, how could you get a bunch of shroom gobblers to admit it and participate in the study?

now, shrooms are rapidly growing in popularity so maybe in the near future this would be more feasible but i really doubt anyone's done it to date except on a small-scale (1 or 2 person) basis if at all.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: health effects of mushrooms [Re: Bilge]
    #1114883 - 12/05/02 06:11 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I knew a dealer in high school who ate shrooms or acid (mostly shrooms) almost every day for at least a year. Eventually he developed multiple stones in his gall bladder. I heard that his doctor told him it was from all the fungus he was consuming. But that could be false.

I feel that mushrooms definately take something out of you. Wether this something is spiritual, mental, or physical, I'm not sure. But I feel it. (I know that's not real scientific) It is possible that the chemical reactions caused by consuming mushrooms could deplete your chemistry of certain things. I think there are definite side-effects that could have a negative effect under some circumstances. I remember after my first trip my guts were all fucked up for a few days. But I have never had a problem like that since. I think the most important thing is to stay hydrated during and after your trip. This will keep your organs well lubed and lessen any impact on your body.

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
Re: health effects of mushrooms [Re: Viveka]
    #1115027 - 12/05/02 06:39 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

There are some research studies going on with psilocybin. Check em out on MAPS. Many researchers even post their results online, so do a search.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1116011 - 12/05/02 11:55 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Eventually he developed multiple stones in his gall bladder. I heard that his doctor told him it was from all the fungus he was consuming.

Gallstones have many causes but I can't see acid or mushrooms being one of them. Was the guy fat? Black? Diabetic? Did he drink? Why was he taking them almost every day? Tolerance would kick in and make it pointless.

I feel that mushrooms definately take something out of you

I've always felt the exact opposite. For a fortnight after tripping I can run a good 2-3 miles further than usual and put 15-20lbs on all my weight lifting exercises.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: health effects of mushrooms [Re: Xlea321]
    #1116135 - 12/06/02 12:38 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

"For a fortnight after tripping I can run a good 2-3 miles further than usual and put 15-20lbs on all my weight lifting exercises."

Dude, You ROCK!!!

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1116711 - 12/06/02 09:54 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

LMAO!!

Nice one evil!

:grin:

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#1116919 - 12/06/02 11:01 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

"Was the guy fat? Black? Diabetic? Did he drink?"

HAHAHAHAHA!! Nope, he wasn't black. HHAAHHA why would that matter? Yes, he did drink alot, he was pretty fat, and i wouldn't be suprised if he was diabetic.

"Why was he taking them almost every day?"

He was a fuck up. He was a drug dealer AND a Mary Kay distibutor for christ sake!

OfflineChefRamenNoodle
The Chef
    #1116968 - 12/06/02 11:16 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

i dont think that shrooms take anything away.

if your dose exceeds 2 pounds dried then youll die but who could possibly eat 2 lbs of shrooms? lol

--------------------
--
[url=www.cafeshops.com/cheframen]Disinformation Awareness Office[/url

InvisibleSubGen1us

Re: health effects of mushrooms [Re: ChefRamenNoodle]
    #1117111 - 12/06/02 12:07 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Ive researched the subject in depth trying to find out the same thing, basically ill look for some links. ive read that all cases reported to the hospitals and crap that have actually had something bad pysically/mentally wrong have been with other drugs being abused along with the mushrooms, also alot of dealer bought shrooms could and most likely be junk or laced(pcp,lsd) Witch is why alot of ppl decide to grow theyre own,
Did u know In 1998 in the United States, 9,839 cases of mushroom poisoning were reported by poison centers. Approximately 69% of these cases (6,796 cases) were in children under the age of 6 years. ok on with the links

web page 1
War On Drugs?

I suggest this one is the best and most accurate link u want.

--------------------

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#1117816 - 12/06/02 03:49 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Me too.. a good trip can make you feel great for weeks.
Mushrooms also seem to clear out my nose and throat which is real nice, I'm sure there's a medical term for it.
I have yet to experience a single negative effect from shrooms.

OfflineShamanSean
the MilitantMind

Loc: CA, USA, the Bay Area
Re: health effects of mushrooms [Re: zeta]
    #1118357 - 12/06/02 07:04 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

The first time I tried shrooms it made me see the problems in my life and so i was feeling not depressed but not happy ither for the next two weeks getting my life back on track. Shrooms showed me the way, and i preached to my friends how much of a positive impact they can have on your life. ( i shroomed by myself the first time)

--------------------
"So take my advice and dont quit. Cuz if u do, you wont get shit - bitch! "

-Too Short

InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Everywhere
    #4529194 - 08/13/05 04:21 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

]EvilEye? said:
"I knew a dealer in high school who ate shrooms or acid (mostly shrooms) almost every day for at least a year. Eventually he developed multiple stones in his gall bladder. I heard that his doctor told him it was from all the fungus he was consuming."

This guy reminds of the dude we all knew growing up. You know, the epicenter of urban myths. I bet he also knew this guy that ate a whole sheet of acid after being pulled over by the cops and never came down.LOL. No offense dude but even if he was a dealer, eating shrooms more than 2 days in a row MAX will get you nothing.Ok, I take that back. You MIGHT get a headache.LOL.

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
    #4529203 - 08/13/05 04:27 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Perhaps this would help  :cool:

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

InvisibleCracka_X
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: health effects of mushrooms [Re: ShamanSean]
    #4529215 - 08/13/05 04:31 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ShamanSean said:
The first time I tried shrooms it made me see the problems in my life and so i was feeling not depressed but not happy ither for the next two weeks getting my life back on track. Shrooms showed me the way, and i preached to my friends how much of a positive impact they can have on your life. ( i shroomed by myself the first time)

amen bro.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
a man is loath to go

OfflineAscension
Stranger

Loc: Still trying to work it o...
Re: health effects of mushrooms [Re: Cracka_X]
    #4529335 - 08/13/05 05:58 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Couldnt of summed it up better in one word "Tolerance" ANY drug you can think of the body will build a tolerance too (is their any that the body does build a tolerance to?) and because of this the effects of the drugs become NULL.
Of course depending on the drug you could be looking at other things like the body now relying on that drug just to function, can anyone say a bad habit?

OfflineShroomArtist84
Stranger
Re: health effects of mushrooms [Re: Ascension]
    #4529738 - 08/13/05 09:53 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

im pretty sure that shrooms dont cause any mental or even physical damage.

i always feel like shit the next day, mainly like brain feels like mashed potatoes.

after all, there has only been one case document stated the cause was more the likely the massive amounts of mushrooms consumed. however the case has never been resolved, so they still dont know.
true story, check it out here on the site!

--------------------
No matter what I say and no matter what I write here.

I'm sick of always looking at this page with a blank stare.

InvisibleCracka_X
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: health effects of mushrooms [Re: ShroomArtist84]
    #4532831 - 08/14/05 03:58 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

well I always feel great the next day after tripping. I feel like shit on any other drug afterwards. And if you read the study that I uploaded it states where numerous subjects have consumed large amounts of mushrooms and the only effects were the short-term pupil dilation(mydriasis) and hair sticking up. No brain damage like that of what ecstasy does.

Read through my attachment. You'll find it interesting.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
a man is loath to go

OfflineSerioOria
?!one#!>?

Loc: upstate, SC
    #4533567 - 08/14/05 11:20 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

ive heard that lsd and psylocybin/psylocin have been studied and shown to help reduce or eliminate cluster headaches, but i think its more of an underground practice since the substances are illegal

--------------------
Live every day like it is your first
or
Live every day like it is your last
My ArT!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies