Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLeha150587
Stranger

How to Flower Lophophora Williamsii (indoors) ? * 1
    #11148661 - 09/29/09 05:44 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hi all,

I own a small collection of lophophora williamsii

10 * 1.5 cm

5 * 2.5 cm

1 * 4 cm

approx 40 seedlings of Lophos from 4 diferent species.

For the past 5 months they have been growing nicely outdoords but none have flowered. Winter is approaching and the climate will not allow them to grow outdoors for much longer. In all the time i have not seen them flower once, not the big ones nor the small ones.

The big ones are for sure ready to flower and yet...

Will i be able to make them flower in a controlled indoor environment.?

I have found a very small amount of information concerning the way to flower lophos indoors and was hoping someone would give me the right advice to follow.??

My research tell me there are four elements to flowering a lopho...

1. the AGE of the plant
2. the amount of light (12/12 sould do)
3. lower temperature at NIGHT and
4. low nitrogen fertilizer

I grow weed among other plants and was wondering if putting my lophos in the flowering tent + fertilizer would do the trick.?

I was also wondering to the importance of wintering lophos to give them rest. How critical is it not to do it and what are the main implication when u do do it in comparison to when you let them grow all year round

I will gladly use any advise concerning flowering of cacti in general and any topic related to lophos, so please post.

Leha

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekarode13Facebook
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
Re: How to Flower Lophophora Williamsii (indoors) ? [Re: Leha150587]
    #11148851 - 09/29/09 07:05 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Most of it comes down to the age of the plant and if grown under lights I'm sure the light cycle plays a part in the process. I hear four to five years is the norm for a plant grown on it own roots to flower. If you want to speed this up you could always graft the seedlings and then maybe get flowers in 18 months or so.

--------------------

Offlinesidvivius
south narvalo
Male User Gallery

Loc: south of France
Re: How to Flower Lophophora Williamsii (indoors) ? [Re: Leha150587]
    #11148861 - 09/29/09 07:08 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

in order to make them flower, let them hivernate during your winter period and they'll flower next summer... no water, no artificial light and low t°...

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: How to Flower Lophophora Williamsii (indoors) ? [Re: sidvivius]
    #11150121 - 09/29/09 12:10 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

they generally tend to start flowering in the 3-5cm bracket when seed grown.  heat and light are the key points.  they don't require winters or special light cycles to flower....they simply need intense enough light for half the day (stormy days are not sufficient light) and keep them warmer than 15 for best results.  if you have good lighting for weed, than by all means use it for your peyote, but i would avoid the 24 hours cycles.....if your pot is on 12/12 for flower, that would be ideal :smile:

dont even stress the ferts.  if they are big enough to flower, they will, no matter the ratio of fertilizers.  they just flower.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

InvisiblePoC
Relax
Male User Gallery

Re: How to Flower Lophophora Williamsii (indoors) ? [Re: kadakuda]
    #11151372 - 09/29/09 03:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I agree with the statements above, but will also add that flowering also seems related to the health of the plant.  For example, I fear that this year I underwatered some of my cacti which caused them not to flower, even though I left them dormant in the garage over winter.

--------------------

Invisiblejds

Re: How to Flower Lophophora Williamsii (indoors) ? [Re: PoC]
    #11151405 - 09/29/09 03:53 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

My lophophora williamsii has been flowering constantly (almost weekly) under my 400W HPS. I think the key is long light cycles. I give it around 15-18h of light daily and it loves it.

--------------------
“No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...and if it occasionally gets a little heavier than what you had in mind, well...maybe chalk it off to forced conscious expansion: Tune in, freak out, get beaten.”

― Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: How to Flower Lophophora Williamsii (indoors) ? [Re: jds]
    #11154688 - 09/30/09 12:37 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

long is important, or at least not short....but we usually have an average of 11-14 hours daylight here, and they flower strong at all times other than dim light.  They will also flower under good fluorescent lighting if you leave them on for 12+.

thankfully L> williamsii is the easiest/most readily flowering species, with the exception of maybe koehresii.  they love to flower :smile:

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order