Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblereshroomED
Stranger

Loc: Australia
Re: Alcoholic??? Serious inquries only please [Re: crazyman]
    #1112803 - 12/05/02 06:13 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

crazy
I'm a chronic alcoholic but have to agree with sir t. I choose to drink.

--------------------
I'd rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
Re: Alcoholic??? Serious inquries only please [Re: reshroomED] * 1
    #1114363 - 12/05/02 03:10 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Interesting thread.

Crazyman, hope you calm yourself a little bit.. I think Trip_Out is being serious.

I have absolutely no problem handling my drink. I drink more than most, but am in no way addicted.

I'm not sure what alcoholism is, but I perceive it as regularly getting drunk to the point that you are out of control, black-out drunk.

I think some impressionable people can be tricked into thinking they have an addiction when they don't. T_O I think may be one of those. If you can go 5 days without drinking, routinely, it's probably just a habit, and not a physical addiction. If you are worried, stop. If you can't, get help.

I hear that AA is pretty Jesus oriented. Is that the case or am I wrong?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinecrazyman
Brass or Steel

Loc: chucktown
Re: Alcoholic??? Serious inquries only please [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #1114634 - 12/05/02 04:30 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

No Senor... You're quite off.... AA IS NOT JESUS orriented..... Far from that. It DOES insist that, one does persue spirituallity, and ask for help from "A power greater than yourself". It actually stresses that it is in no way a "religious" orginization. That you only believe in God, however you may conceive him/her/it.
As for the rest that you wrote... Well you obviousyly don't understand alcoholism, no offence. Like I stressed in my posts... It's NOT an addiction. It's an illness.... The trick isn't stopping for a month and then proclaiming, "I'm cured!".... It dosen't work that way.
And as for Trip_Out, I appologize for jumping your shit.

--------------------
I want to live in Northern Exposure. Ed Chigliak would be my pal.

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

#1114653 - 12/05/02 04:36 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for straightening that out.

I realize you take this issue very seriously and don't want to insult you or your problem.

Good luck.

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinecrazyman
Brass or Steel

Re: Alcoholic??? Serious inquries only please [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #1114673 - 12/05/02 04:44 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Wish more people were as understanding...... Oh how I'd love a scotch right now... But if I had one, I'd end up awaking tomorrow morning with an empty fifth of liquor I didn't remember buying and a hangover that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemies. And then I'd have to track down my car, where ever the hell it was.

--------------------

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

#1114697 - 12/05/02 04:52 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

One day at a time, eh?

--------------------

Anonymous

#1114702 - 12/05/02 04:53 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

My father was an alcoholic for fifteen years. My step father still is.

I dont know about how my dad was, he quit drinking when I was about 3, I think..
My step father on the other hand drinks nightly, and it causes alot of issues. He doesnt get completely tore, though. Not anymore.. But even when he doesn't hes still an abusive fuckhead.

I'm wondering if I'm headed down the same path, myself.. I drink alot, its caused some problems, but nothing of any severity. I dont get shitfaced often, either.

Did you ever find problems arising from when you drank 'steadily' as opposed to 'heavily'?

Dont hesitate to ignore the question if its too personal to go into on a messageboard..

Offlinecrazyman
Brass or Steel

Re: Alcoholic??? Serious inquries only please [Re: ]
    #1114722 - 12/05/02 05:02 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

"Did you ever find problems arising from when you drank 'steadily' as opposed to 'heavily'?"

That's a tough question. One I can't answer for you. There's a fine line between a heavy drinker and an alcoholic....But there IS a line........It's a question only you can answer yourself. Try the "controlled drinking" experiment..... Go to a bar, order two drinks. Drink one, and then walk out. See what happens.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1114744 - 12/05/02 05:10 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I have a clue as to what happens, I think I know what youre getting at.

My dad always told me there were alot less people that could control their drinking than couldn't. I dont know if hes right..

I dont really know what I'm trying to get at, here. I guess I'm just afraid to end up like my father.

OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

Loc: Miami, florida
    #1114765 - 12/05/02 05:18 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

nice thread man

i think a lot of people at the shroomery have had their share of fuckups and addictions... i know i have. shits crazy. especially with X. my god is shit crazy with X.... Love it and hate it :-)

--------------------
"I think it's time we stop
Children, What's the sound,
Everybody look what's going down"

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Alcoholic??? Serious inquries only please [Re: ]
    #1115141 - 12/05/02 07:02 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I've just about decide that I'm immune to alcoholism. I been drinking now for about ten years, and I've all but lost interest in it. I don't enjoy getting smashed, a decent buzz is fine for me.

If I do drink alot one night, I have no desire to for at least two days. Even if it's free.

--------------------

Offlinecrazyman
Brass or Steel

Re: Alcoholic??? Serious inquries only please [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1115171 - 12/05/02 07:08 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

...What I'd give to be able to drink like that....And what I have given to NOT drink.... Either way, I'm happy......Sobreity really is pretty fucking cool!

--------------------

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1115610 - 12/05/02 09:53 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I can't stand having any alcohol in me.
I went binge drinking with vodka for a couple months, then it just started making me depressed, now if i even drink a beer i feel shitty.. like 'damn what a stupid drug to do, what am i thinking'
i doubt ill ever drink again

sucks that its how people socialize

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Re: Alcoholic??? Serious inquries only please [Re: Grav]
    #1115930 - 12/05/02 11:33 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

You CAN order a soda you know.

--------------------

InvisibleMr Wobblehead
WizardExtraordinary &Absolute CocoaSlut

Loc: They tell me it's a hospi...
    #1116853 - 12/06/02 10:32 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Hey,

I can agree with what you are saying. It is an illness. People should realise that alcohol is one of the few drugs that can kill just from trying to withdraw from it.

Add to that that everytime i turn on my television i get adverts telling me i can only be cool and stuff if i drink this shit or that shit. There is no escape from my illness. At least if i said i had cancer people would give me some sympathy and the world wouldn't be shoving my face into it with cruel adverts every fucking day.

My father was an alcoholic, my mother ate benzodiazapines like they were smarties, both of them used to beat the crap out of me because they couldn't deal with their problems. I ended up drinking regularly at fifteen, by eighteen i was an alcoholic.

I finally had my moment of clarity (on acid - bad trip from beyond hell) when i was thirty one, when i realised that there was nothing left of me, my life, or anything else, and i realised that alcohol was the cause of it all.

Luckily i had access to a good continuous suppply of LSD, and from that evening on every time i wanted to drink i took some acid instead. Needless to say I ended up tripping for two and a half years (and most of those trips were not pleasant) just to get it out of my system, but it worked. I haven't drank now for over seven years, and i never will again. How any society can allow that filth to be openly advertised and sold is beyond my comprehension.

I have no idea what shrooms would be like to use for getting off booze, i know the acid worked well. I hope it goes well for anyone fighting to get off any addiction, especially alcohol. Like the guy says, you can't know unless you've been there, then it's too fucking late.

I honestly think that climbing Mount Everest would be easier than quitting alcohol for someone that's addicted. It's certainly a much bigger mountain.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
    #1118703 - 12/06/02 10:07 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Oh yeah i think im drunk.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Anonymous

Re: Alcoholic??? Serious inquries only please [Re: crazyman] * 1
    #1119275 - 12/07/02 02:00 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I don't see how alcoholism is really a disease. If it truly is, than that means any chemical dependancy also is. And I honestly think giving up drug addictions is a matter of willpower.

Offlinefrogsheath
Stranger
Loc: Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.
    #1119354 - 12/07/02 03:19 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I'd end up awaking tomorrow morning with an empty fifth of liquor I didn't remember buying and a hangover that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemies. And then I'd have to track down my car, where ever the hell it was.

:grin:
Doing that enough times made me consider quitting.  Time is a big factor.  I don't have the time to drink anymore.
Drinking always takes more time than it should.  Sometimes A LOT more.

Quote:

Try the "controlled drinking" experiment..... Go to a bar, order two drinks. Drink one, and then walk out. See what happens. 

I would probably end up buying a six-pack or even a forty on the way home. 
I like to imagine all the trouble that doesn't find me because I'm not drunk.  :smile:
Fortunately, I think I detest alcohol more than I enjoy it so quitting was fairly easy.  It was gradual.  I've been sober for several months now.
Mr. Wobblehead

Quote:

Luckily i had access to a good continuous suppply of LSD, and from that evening on every time i wanted to drink i took some acid instead. Needless to say I ended up tripping for two and a half years (and most of those trips were not pleasant) just to get it out of my system, but it worked. 

You were lucky.  I think shrooms can be of help in this.  The person has to want to quit though.  And cigarettes are another matter altogether. :crazy: 
Strange thing is I have put on like 30 pounds since quitting drinking beer.  I guess I've been eating more since I quit smoking.  :confused: 

InvisibleMr Wobblehead
WizardExtraordinary &Absolute CocoaSlut

Loc: They tell me it's a hospi...
Re: Alcoholic??? Serious inquries only please [Re: frogsheath]
    #1119466 - 12/07/02 06:26 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

And cigarettes are another matter altogether.

Once i quit the booze i did the same thing to tobacco but using pot. Everytime i wanted to smoke i'd just smoke a bowl of nice buds instead of a joint or cigarette. I just kept on smoking ganja till i couldn't physically smoke another thing, hence i couldn't smoke any tobacco.

Man, i was fucked for ages. I never did tobacco again either. I haven't smoked any ganja for over six months now. Just shrooms these days. Not that i mind smoking ganja, it's just that i'm doing a maths course and i can't concentrate if i'm getting stoned.

I've had quite an amazing journey these last seven years. From being totally pissed, homeless and deeply in debt, I now have a lovely flat, no debts, and i'm totally free of drugs, unless i'm doing a few shrooms in cocoa.

Halucinogens, whether it be acid, shrooms, dmt, etc., have the effect of identifying the problems in one's life, and greatly amplifying them. This allows the tripper to see the faults in his/her life much more clearly and therefore to do something about it much more effectively.

I think a lot of the time addiction is so difficult to deal with because the problems build up into a mountain of crap that the person cannot face. Halucinogens, taken in that situation, takes the person's face and shoves in straight into that mountain of crap, and they have no choice but to face their truths and smell their crap. It is then up to that person to keep facing those truths in order to deal with them.

I'm not sure if taking all the acid i took would be a good idea for everyone, but my life was over anyway so it didn't matter if it was a good idea at the time, it was my only possible escape.

Anonymous

#1122455 - 12/08/02 04:24 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

As for the rest that you wrote... Well you obviousyly don't understand alcoholism, no offence. Like I stressed in my posts... It's NOT an addiction. It's an illness.... The trick isn't stopping for a month and then proclaiming, "I'm cured!".... It dosen't work that way.

As I said before, and no one has responded to:

Alcoholism is an addiction. Maybe an illness too. But still, it is an addiction. And there is nothing "special" about alcohol. It has no more significance as an intoxicating molecule than THC, LSD, morphine, or anything else. They are all just chemicals that you put in your body that physiologically affect you. So if being an alcoholic is a disease, that means being physically addicted to any other substance is also a disease. So is that what you are saying? Either way, being addicted to any substance is an addiction!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order