Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTripl3D
Stranger
Male

Loc: Canada
Submitting Trip Reports & Self-Incrimination?
    #11141040 - 09/28/09 02:13 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I've been reading on other forums that ask for trip reports to write them in a way that is not self-incriminating, to the extent of not even using "I" in the report, but rather to refer to the individual who wrote it. Some people use the pronoun "SWIM", meaning Some White Ignorant Male, to indicate themselves, and then write the report as if they are writing about someone else.

For the folks here - do you really think it is worthwhile to avoid self-incrimination to this extent? I've written my report using "I" all over the place, and frankly don't care one bit, since it's not like I put my name on it, although there could be other methods of tracking anybody down I suppose, regardless. Should trip reports be written in this way? Do you think that there's anything to actually worry about here?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJamz
Supervillan

Loc: .au
Re: Submitting Trip Reports & Self-Incrimination? [Re: Tripl3D]
    #11141674 - 09/28/09 04:45 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

If law enforcement bothers to track you down for something you said on the internet, it isn't going to be just because you admitted to having a great shroom trip last weekend. And if they really do have a case against you for something, thinking that the SWIM acronym is a magic legal loophole is just naive.

In my opinion, the 'SWIM' business just makes things annoying to read and in reality offers no legal protection.

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
Re: Submitting Trip Reports & Self-Incrimination? [Re: Tripl3D] * 1
    #11141833 - 09/28/09 07:00 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

For the record, the acronym SWIM = "Someone Who Isn't Me."

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

OfflineTripl3D
Stranger
Male

Re: Submitting Trip Reports & Self-Incrimination? [Re: Nature Boy]
    #11143068 - 09/28/09 01:40 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Lol ha ha yes that is actually what SWIM stands for, I just saw it as ~some ignorant white male~ and I guess it stuck! But yeah, on another forum, they are fairly adamant about countering self-incrimination, and I agree with Jamz that it makes it annoying to read a report with the word SWIM everywhere instead of I or me.

Invisiblewhatdidusay
Travelin Raver
Male

Re: Submitting Trip Reports & Self-Incrimination? [Re: Tripl3D]
    #11157931 - 09/30/09 05:19 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

as some1 told me once before on another forum of the shroomery, if uve been posting trip reports for sum time now, if the feds wanted u, they woulda had u by now.

theres too many ppl posting things about trip reports to go after them all. i meen. unless you start naming people in the reports by their real names with addresses and stuff and the exact location you went and things really specific your fine.

on the same note, its not unheard of that ppl's information they post on social networking sites, nicknames they go by online, etc, all have something in common and link back to each other. many times if u search some1s SN or email itll return tons of results of every post theyve ever made, half the time theyre real name or they most commonly used networking site, etc. and if u wanted to bad enough u could track ppl down obviously. but i highly doubt thatll ever happen.

grnated ive held off from posting a few trip reports just bc at the time i was still fucked up and thought i was giving to much info nothing specific but something that would still seem possibly suspicious. etc.

just use judgement. and ull be fine.

--------------------

OfflineTripl3D
Stranger
Male

Re: Submitting Trip Reports & Self-Incrimination? [Re: whatdidusay]
    #11163876 - 10/01/09 03:17 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I agree with a lot of what you've said. I don't think there's any big deal if names aren't involved. There's TONS of stuff happening on the Internet that COULD warrant attention from the ~authorities~. This is all probably small potatoes.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports