Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: HEPA Filter, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Super Saiyan

Loc: Ever tryed this position ...
Growing Chamber II
    #1113516 - 12/05/02 01:24 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I have modified my original prototype if you all are interested or for those who are interested. I used a 55gal aquarium removed the top and and replace it with plexiglass that I cut to fit it perfectly. Now thats it, not quite. I used my imagination and now have running filter water running in the aquarium no no not like a hydro ponic system wrong plant. I have a water fall and a creek that leads to a pond. using a plexiglass system to keep soil seperated from water.Next I added a pipe that ran from my ultrasonic humidifier right into the center of the pond and the tip of the pipe was right above the surface of water and all was hidden with rocks.I had a pipe that ran the pond water out and back to pump and filter and was sent back down the water fall this pipe was also hidden when I put soil in. I put rocks in the creek and over the plexiglass water fall to hide un-natural looks. My ventilation came frome 2 115v computer fans (check with radio shack) on the lid of aquarium that pushed air through a hepa filter. I have a floresient tube lamp on top on the lid. Now the lamp was put on a 12hr timer and the air filter was put on a every 2 hrs timer. The humidifier was put on a every 12hrs timer set to go off after the lid turned off. I add plants and such to make the everything look like eco system.when growing mushrooms in it I put cakes in a small bag and drop it in a hole I dung in the soil making sure no plants could come in contact with it. It kinda made little vermiculite mounds all over the place with different strains growing. The plastic bag was to seperate the cake for the rest of the soil. This process works and turns out beautiful with everthing going. And it takes care of its self. I can give blue prints for a better visual of this system if youre interested but the shrooms so far have been the most healthy and most potent shrooms I have ever gotten yet! Peace oh yeah Strains I used if it matters was ecuadors, pes hawaiian, Creepers and mazatapec! Later

"Crawling in my skin, these wounds they will not heal, fear is how I fall, confusing, confusing what is real!."-Linkin Park

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: Growing Chamber II [Re: Nickthetrip]
    #1113953 - 12/05/02 03:36 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Congradulations, you've won the most intricate/ unecessary fruiting chamber of the year.  :grin: :grin:  It sounds really cool looking, I'll give you that, it just seems a little over the top.  Good luck. 

PS, here's a setup for your next grow, A simple rubbermaid with poo/straw spawned with birdseed.  You think the shrooms you grew off of cakes are potent, these will knock your socks off.   

Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: HEPA Filter, Ultrasonic Humidifier, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation