Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Home Protection [Re: Phred]
    #1137832 - 12/13/02 07:05 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Are you claiming that no one in England has been killed at home by an intruder since 1997?

No, read it again. Tell me what it says. And nope, I havn't read a single case of a burglar breaking in and shooting a homeowner.

The extent of your naivete is breathtaking.

Coming from you I'll consider that a compliment.

It will never be fired at a cat or a swan.

Oh, and we're supposed to take every assholes word for that are we? Tell me, when I go down to my local nature reserve and see the swans laying dead with airgun pellets do you think the kids who shot them assured everyone they would not kill a single swan or cat? If you can make me a cast iron 100% guarantee that an offensive weapon will NEVER under ANY CIRCUMSTANCE be used irresponsibly then you are welcome to them.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Home Protection [Re: Xlea321]
    #1137955 - 12/13/02 07:56 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

Have you ever met a burglar? A heroin addict?

Hey Alex, I've met them, also murders, rapists, robbers, car thieves, millionaire drug dealers and many other sorts. You know what they do in jail? They share information, they plan to get together when they are out, they tell each other which police departments are hard asses vs. which areas are easy to work in, they practice fighting techniques - particularly aimed at combatting police officers, they become affiliated with gangs such as the Aryan brotherhood, the Crips, the Bloods, or some faction of the Mexican Mafia (if they aren't already), they make criminal connections so when they get out they know where to purchase black market items - including weapons, they share techniques for commiting various crimes, for defrauding people, for using the tort system toget free money. Hell, the authorities can't even stop the drug trade IN THE JAILS! Yet you are naive enough to believe that criminals will be prevented from getting weapons when weapons are illegal.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Edited by Evolving (12/13/02 07:59 AM)

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Home Protection [Re: Evolving]
    #1138212 - 12/13/02 09:20 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Yet you are naive enough to believe that criminals will be prevented from getting weapons when weapons are illegal.

Nothing to do with belief. Just the simple fact that I can't remember ever reading about a case of a burglar shooting a homeowner over here. There are 14 gun deaths a year, clearly the vast numbers of criminals you insist are armed arn't shooting anyone. So either they have massive self-control (not a common trait of many criminals) or your theory is a crock.

You know what they do in jail?

Masturbate.

they practice fighting techniques

Why when you insist they all have guns? And i don't meet too many buff heroin addicts to be honest. You can blow most of them over.

Hell, the authorities can't even stop the drug trade IN THE JAILS!

Wait a minute, so they're all doped up on smack? I thought they were practising fighting techniques?

The reality is most prisons realise the benefit of a happy prison population. Crack down on drugs and you end up with a powder keg ready to explode.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

#1138396 - 12/13/02 10:07 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

Why when you insist they all have guns?

What gave you the idea that all the prisoners have guns? You really have a reading comprehension problem.

In reply to:

And i don't meet too many buff heroin addicts to be honest. You can blow most of them over.

What does this have to do with anything? How many heroin addicts do you know? I have known several 'buff' heroin addicts, but I've known many more people who are buffed who've used PCP or Cocaine or just Pot.

In reply to:

Wait a minute, so they're all doped up on smack? I thought they were practising fighting techniques?

Did I state that 'they're all doped up on smack?' No, I didn't. I listed several things that go on in a prison population.

In reply to:

The reality is most prisons realise the benefit of a happy prison population. Crack down on drugs and you end up with a powder keg ready to explode.

The reality is that guards can be bribed and new people coming in can smuggle drugs in internally. No one in charge of a prison population wants the inmates using drugs. The reality is that you don't know what you are talking about, you live in a fantasy world where passing a magic legal wand will make the world perfect. It doesn't work that way.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Home Protection [Re: Evolving]
    #1139532 - 12/13/02 06:40 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

No one in charge of a prison population wants the inmates using drugs.

You truly have no idea.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1139537 - 12/13/02 06:43 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

they knew that people owned guns, swords, pit bulls, crossbows, etc. Even the ones who never read the papers spoke with fellow lowlifes who did read the papers.

Incidentally pink can you see the catastrophic flaw in your "logic"? You insist that "predators" don't commit crime if there's a chance the homeowner may be armed. Yet you insist that there are thousands upon thousands of guns coming into the country and that all "predators" are armed. Clearly this would mean there is a good chance of breaking into another "predators" house even with gun control. Why hasn't this fear stopped burglary?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

#1142211 - 12/15/02 03:37 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

No one in charge of a prison population wants the inmates using drugs.

You truly have no idea

You must be speaking to yourself, I have firsthand knowledge of which I speak, you have only conjecture and fantasy.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1142527 - 12/15/02 06:33 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

14000 gun deaths in the US, 14 in the UK. For a people with no right to defend ourselves we seem to be doing a helluva good job!

Aren't there like 1000 times as many Americans as there are people in your little Put-put golf course of a country?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Home Protection [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1144120 - 12/15/02 05:59 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Aren't there like 1000 times as many Americans as there are people in your little Put-put golf course of a country?

No.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #1151650 - 12/18/02 10:15 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

I'm afraid you do. In fact you would need many, many sources to prove something as outlandish as this. How many people would the washington sniper have killed without having a rifle? The rifle created the opportunity for him to kill 13 people. If he'd been trying to do it without a rifle it would have been far more difficult.

How many people did Jeff Dahmer kill with a rifle? How many?

Alex, you may want to live in a communist paradise but most of us don't. They want to live here in the land of the free. Like Cuba, they have gun controland universal health care. They're also coming here in droves...

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

#1151663 - 12/18/02 10:21 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

14000 gun deaths in the US, 14 in the UK. For a people with no right to defend ourselves we seem to be doing a helluva good job!

Gun deaths are not an analysis of violent crime rates. Your nation has now become the violent crime capital of the world with more rapes, robberies, muggings, and aggravated assaults, and other violent crime than any other industrialized nation in the world. Your nation couldn't be doing a worse job!

--------------------

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Home Protection [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #1152180 - 12/18/02 01:22 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Rail_Gun writes (about England):

Your nation has now become the violent crime capital of the world with more rapes, robberies, muggings, and aggravated assaults, and other violent crime than any other industrialized nation in the world.

Sorry, Rail_Gun, but the United States is still ahead of England in homicides and rapes, although the gap is narrowing in rapes. Otherwise, you are correct, if you are speaking on a per capita basis.

pinky

--------------------

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

#1152257 - 12/18/02 01:52 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Per capita the UK has 4 times as many rapes. Their per capita violent crimes per 100,000 citizens far exceeds the US rates.

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Home Protection [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #1152486 - 12/18/02 03:38 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Per capita the UK has 4 times as many rapes.

Not if we are talking about REPORTED rapes, at least not according to the sources I have come across so far. Before I accept your figure, I'd have to see a link to a credible source.

Their per capita violent crimes per 100,000 citizens far exceeds the US rates.

According to the sources I have come across so far, their rate of "crimes against persons" exceeds that of the US, true. But the US is still far ahead in homicides (note that "homicides" includes suicides), and is still ahead in rapes.

pinky

--------------------

Invisibleshroomophile
ShroomitusFidelis
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #1157983 - 12/20/02 11:24 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Don't matter,Americans will not give up their guns.At least this one won't

--------------------
Once the mighty oak,was a nut who held his ground.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder