Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleGlenners
Rhymenosaurus

the shroomery gives psych users a good name
    #11130504 - 09/26/09 10:01 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I think many people have preconceived notions of psychedelic users, usually negative. I think if people who weren't turned on came to the shroomery and got a chance to see how fucking nice and enlightened most of the people are they'd have a change of heart.

I mean your average square would not expect the great virtues that many of the members here have. For example:

-Advocating eating healthy, taking care of your body
-Not being a slob and keeping your place clean
-Being empathetic and giving heartfelt advice to people going through rough times (usually very deep and wise advice)
-general caution drugwise
-the amount that some of us read
-the level of loving nature and enjoying very simple things
-How content and happy some people are
-intellectual conversations and debates

I just think many people who have ideas that drug users are a waste of space would be very surprised to see the level of intelligence open mindedness and critical thinking that many of us possess.

There's also a unique sense of humour here that I really enjoy.

But if they ever saw the OTD....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRocker232
Stranger

Re: the shroomery gives psych users a good name [Re: Glenners]
    #11130515 - 09/26/09 10:03 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Glenners said:
I think many people have preconceived notions of psychedelic users, usually negative. I think if people who weren't turned on came to the shroomery and got a chance to see how fucking nice and enlightened most of the people are they'd have a change of heart.

I mean your average square would not expect the great virtues that many of the members here have. For example:

-Being empathetic and giving heartfelt advice to people going through rough times (usually very deep and wise advice)

I just think many people who have ideas that drug users are a waste of space would be very surprised to see the level of intelligence open mindedness and critical thinking that many of us possess.

Agreed completely man. There are obviously exceptions, but for the most part this is a great community. I love being around people who read it makes me feel great. I love to read and be healthy, I feel its wrong not too :vaped:

--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

OfflineDeltron3030
Stranger
Male

Re: the shroomery gives psych users a good name [Re: Rocker232]
    #11130520 - 09/26/09 10:04 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

the problem is, people who are against psychs and drugs usually do not respect intellectualism, logic, or enlightenment so i doubt their feelings would change any.

--------------------

OfflineVibes
Good Vibes
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: the shroomery gives psych users a good name [Re: Deltron3030]
    #11130549 - 09/26/09 10:10 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I totally agree with this man, but there are exceptions.

--------------------
:mushroom2:Good Vibes:mushroom2:

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

#11130556 - 09/26/09 10:12 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Glenners said:

I'm glad there is the OTD.  Keeps us grounded in reality.

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

InvisibleburtonRebel
Male

#11130585 - 09/26/09 10:20 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Glenners said:

I think some people do and some people dont hold negative conotations towards drug users. Honestly, it sounds like you have preconcieved notions about psyche users, only yours are positive. You've probably had a good history with your experiences, and the people you know or have met through drugs. Most people who havent experimented with substance listen purely to what we call history. They believe they have the mental and physical limits that are set in place by society, therefore listen to the crazy charlie manson shit mixed with all the other dominating drug propaganda. It paints a pretty ugly picture.

--------------------
Wreck yourself before you check yourself

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: the shroomery gives psych users a good name [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #11130609 - 09/26/09 10:29 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Penguarky Tunguin said:

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but my personal reality is NOTHING like OTD.  My family, friends, colleagues, school, work, city, subculture & government are all people and places that value things like mutual respect, continued education, diversity, and tolerance.  :crazy:

--------------------

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: the shroomery gives psych users a good name [Re: burtonRebel]
    #11130610 - 09/26/09 10:29 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Did you see the shroomery profile on Something Awful (was that it?)  We most certainly do not give psych users a good name.  It's very easy to glance at the shroomery and see all the filth, but not too easy to glance at our page and see true value (at least regarding non-mush users

Offlinekriminalelement
"jesus wept."
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ay! los popos estan aqui!
Re: the shroomery gives psych users a good name [Re: memes]
    #11130631 - 09/26/09 10:39 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

We see all those positive things in each other, but I think some people are really turned off by the radical-seeming things that we say.

For example, my typical response to "i have a migraine" threads is "take 30 mikes of lsd". That's the sort of thing that really freaks squares out.

Remember that somethingawful thread? Everyone visiting this site from outside the community is generally appalled.

--------------------
While there is a lower class, I am in it
While there is a criminal element, I am of it
While there is a soul in prison, I am not free.

Eugene V Debs

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Re: the shroomery gives psych users a good name [Re: CherryBom]
    #11130634 - 09/26/09 10:39 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

CherryBom said:
Quote:

Penguarky Tunguin said:

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but my personal reality is NOTHING like OTD.  My family, friends, colleagues, school, work, city, subculture & government are all people and places that value things like mutual respect, continued education, diversity, and tolerance.  :crazy:

:lol:  :thumbup:

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

OfflineDeltron3030
Stranger
Male

Re: the shroomery gives psych users a good name [Re: kriminalelement]
    #11130644 - 09/26/09 10:41 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

kriminalelement said:
We see all those positive things in each other, but I think some people are really turned off by the radical-seeming things that we say.

For example, my typical response to "i have a migraine" threads is "take 30 mikes of lsd". That's the sort of thing that really freaks squares out.

Remember that somethingawful thread? Everyone visiting this site from outside the community is generally appalled.

i've never had a more effective headache killer.

--------------------

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
    #11130756 - 09/26/09 11:11 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I think this website shows that we are regular people to. Just because our idea of a good time is different doesn't mean we are bad people.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
    #11130773 - 09/26/09 11:18 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

headache killer? shit I had the worse headache of my life on LSD one night, it all started because I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe, then I felt a 'pop' in my head and it all just got painful from there.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Offlinedoom876
Stranger

Re: the shroomery gives psych users a good name [Re: highdroponics]
    #11130860 - 09/26/09 11:39 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I dunno, squares might come here and see something about dry smashing her in her shitbox and get the fook out.

--------------------

Fight for a large loving government that can take care of its people, kill our criminals, and preform the huge industrial tasks our corporate overlords refuse(wanna greenwash me some more Exon?)

Not this weak travesty that let millions starve and sucks corporate cock while failing at every turn.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#11131041 - 09/26/09 12:14 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

The Shroomery gives off very mixed signals, theres much bad shit among the good stuff.

Up until a few years ago I let family members surf here to see where I spend a significant portion of my time. Now I just tell them about the place and omit mentioning the URL.

A lot of decent, quality people are turned off by the obscenity of the Shroomery. That doesnt make them uptight squares, just regular people unwilling to deal with racism, sexism, homophobia, immaturity, crude behavior and so forth.

A friend of mine, who is black, came in here and left the Shroomery quite upset and turned off, never to return. He is a great guy with lots to contribute, its really our loss that he walked in, curious, and ran out shocked and offended.

You have to be morally numbed a bit to thrive here, at least in the social forums. Its certainly not for everyone. Also, to the sensitive its painful to see some of our members in patterns of destructive drug abuse.

Your mom would come in here and see people scrape the tar out of pipes to smoke it, taking 25 pills of xanax, calling each other niggers and faggots, casual racism in posts and graemlins like :waddymelon:  being officially endorsed and would not be pleased her son or daughter joined this sideshow.

There are great things here that really make the community shine, people in their finest hour, but theres also much messed up shite and ugliness, and thats not even addressing the prolapsed rectum that is OTD.

The Shroomery has its greatness and terribleness, people can take their pick. People who aren't hardened internetters will tend to see the bad before the good though.

Remember, your mom never heard anyone called a nigger or faggot in 20 years. Here in the social forums you'll be hard pressed to browse 20 threads without seeing it.

I LOVE THE SHROOMERY - so far unconditionally it seems, but I recognize its become a hard sell to many of my offline friends and relatives.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

Loc: @meriKa
Re: the shroomery gives psych users a good name [Re: Asante]
    #11132071 - 09/26/09 02:52 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Well said Wiccan, it is definitely a hard sell. My friends hated this website when i told them about it, all they saw was negativity.

--------------------

OfflineAnhoktohen
iamthecheese
Male

Re: the shroomery gives psych users a good name [Re: Neuron]
    #11132172 - 09/26/09 03:10 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

all I can say is that I am glad I found this place!

--------------------
"Less reality, more fantasy!"
~Hedonism bot, Futurama

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder