Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
psychedelics from under the sea
    #1109583 - 12/04/02 10:02 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Hey, does anybody know if anybody has ever found a plant or animal in the ocean that makes humans trip? Anybody ever read about a marine biologist speculating on the issue? Wouldn't that be cool if there was a kind of jelly fish you could throw in a blender, pour out evenly on a cookie sheet, dry in an oven at low heat and then smoke it? Imagine putting on the mask and flippers and swimming around the beautiful coral reefs cracking open and eating a special kind of hallucinogenic clam? Hunting drugs with a spear gun, awwww yeah.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
Re: psychedelics from under the sea [Re: Dogomush]
    #1109601 - 12/04/02 10:15 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

There is a species of fish that contains tryptamines called a "dream fish",The japanese eat pufferfish for the warm numb tingling sensation it brings,And I am sure there are many more than these.Marine Psychopharmacology..........interesting.WR

--------------------
To old for this place

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #1109833 - 12/04/02 12:23 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I have a book containing a lot of information about psychoactive animal derivatives. Unfortunately, I don't know where it is right now. I am pretty sure (correct me if im wrong) that the pufferfish is deadly poisonous (kills almost instantly), and is only eaten (once toxins are removed) for the thrill and tradition.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #1110051 - 12/04/02 01:37 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

i think shulgin mentions a sponge (?) that has a bromo-DMT compound in it...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Invisiblemr crisper

#1110283 - 12/04/02 02:51 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

the fugu of japan is not ususally eaten for its effects. it is considered highly poisonous and much care is taken to remove the unwanted organs. a friend of mine's landlord sometimes gets hold of a fugu's liver, slices it and takes 1 lick. 2 licks and you die, he claims. he gets fairly zombie like for a few hours.
there is a species of sea slug, looks like a giant turd, that if eaten will give one amazing dreams. i ate half of one on tioman island, malaysia, had amazing dreams that night, but i couldn't attribute them with all honestly to the half decayed slug in my gut. nor do i know the active ingredients. it is commonly eaten in malaysia.

OfflineLlamanose
The llama knows

Re: psychedelics from under the sea [Re: mr crisper]
    #1110299 - 12/04/02 02:56 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Fugu is extremely deadly... Chefs in Japan need a liscence to even buy the stuff, and after cleaning and removing deadly organs, etc. the unwanted parts are lierally kept under lock and key, and are then accounted for by the fugu dealer.

--------------------
Alice came to a fork in the road.  "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
~Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Invisiblemr crisper

Re: psychedelics from under the sea [Re: Llamanose]
    #1111350 - 12/04/02 07:51 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

thats sounds about how it works. so if my friends story is true, it means there is some sort of underground trade of fugu livers......supplying the depraved needs of fugu liver lickers, the crown of indulgence for sashimi lovers.
he was living in osaka when this went on. he asked to try some but the landlord would never let anyone else have any. i have told this story to a few people in a japan and they were unaware of such activities. still, the cultivation of naiveness is an artform in japan, up there with ikebana and tea ceremony.
i wonder if its just this guys kick or a tradition passed on thru the centuries by fugu chefs and lovers. makes them feel at 1 with the fugu and enjoy some fishy zeta type dialogue.

OfflineLlamanose
The llama knows

#1111368 - 12/04/02 07:55 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

makes them feel at 1 with the fugu and enjoy some fishy zeta type dialogue

lol

I dunno, aren't drugs of any kind damn near impossible to find in Japan? Fugu is a fish... although rare, it's probably around more than some other stuff.

--------------------

Invisiblemr crisper

Re: psychedelics from under the sea [Re: Llamanose]
    #1111465 - 12/04/02 08:11 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

mushrooms were openly sold here outside select train stations and in headshops, in every big city, but they were banned in june this year. so now all the headshops sell 2ct7, stp, 5meo-dmt, dpt, amanita, salvia and imported hemp seeds from vancouver and amsterdam.
in areas where there are lots of foreigners just note the one hanging near the station everytime you walk by, he d'man.
all this has taken off in the last 3 years. i remember 4 years ago there were only 2 places selling shrooms, a head shop and a most excellent s&m suppliers in a dungeon in shibuya, they had some weird toys too :blush: back then cubensis was $40 a gram, came down to 5g for $10 near the end.
there is an old hemp temple in central tokyo. marijuana also grows wild in hokkaido, although i'm told it is weak and ive been touring in hokkaido the last 2 summers with 1 eye permanently glued to the foilage lining the roads and never saw any. some datura tho never heard of anyone trying it. 

OfflineLlamanose
The llama knows

#1111468 - 12/04/02 08:13 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

damn!  I had no idea, I stand corrected.  :grin: 

--------------------

InvisibleDisoRDeR
motional
 User Gallery

Loc: nonsensistan
    #1112076 - 12/04/02 11:39 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I saw a TV show about poisonous animals on TLC which featured fugu chefs. Apparently the skilled fugu shef leaves the slightest amount of poisonous material in the prepared fish, which leaves one with a tingling sensation on the lips which whiterasta mentioned.

Peace

Offlinedarkfly
LysergicExperimenter

Re: psychedelics from under the sea [Re: DisoRDeR]
    #1112107 - 12/04/02 11:48 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I saw a documentary type tv show on voodoo and all the culture that surrounds it. On the show they discussed the topic of zombification and how they would dig up the bodies and use potions and what not, well one of the ingredients was the pufferfish which this scientest featured on the show claims that people who were zombified were paralyzed so much from the pufferfish toxin that they were pronounced dead and buried, and then a few days later they would be seen walking around; some other scientist disagrees.

--------------------
Everything Is Blue In This World. The Deepest Shade Of Mushroom Blue.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1112502 - 12/05/02 02:19 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

mr crisper, you live in japan?

how is it?
i always picture lots of pokemon kids running around and big neon manga stuff everywhere heheh

OfflineLlamanose
The llama knows

Re: psychedelics from under the sea [Re: Grav]
    #1112512 - 12/05/02 02:25 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah...  eveything looking like Akira with big robotic tentacle monsters everywhere with camcorders.  :laugh: 

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate