Home | Community | Message Board

Fairy Ring Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: HEPA Filter

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: SE Michigan
A few questions
    #1112467 - 12/05/02 03:51 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Would it make sense to move the incubator out of the grow area? Though I use a solution of bleach and water in the bottom section I am sure many do not. I believe that the incubator is probably the least maintained item, which could be harboring quite a few contams just waiting to eat your cakes/casings. Possible???

And on another note, how many use wood shelving in their grow rooms? I ask because I am trying to rule out everything as to why I keep getting green in my shittake cultures. I am leaning on tossing the shelves out for metal ones very soon. My room is sealed nicely with plastic sheating, which the only opening is the doorway which gets sealed off with velcro and polyfill.
I do have a large industrial HEPA on the way, which will help with airflow, but before I get that running, should I just empy out the room, toss the wood out, move the incubator, and nuke the room with a bleach/water mix?
I can rule out that it is a pasteurization issue, because the fourth casing I left sealed in its bag, and it shows no contamination at all.

Thanks for your time reading this, and please share any comments.

People don't want other people to get high, because if you get high, you might see the falsity of the fabric of the society we live in.

-Ken Kesey

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Loc: The Matrix
Re: A few questions [Re: Drummer]
    #1112474 - 12/05/02 03:56 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I feel your pain.

I wood get rid of the would shelves in favour of a non-porous solution.

The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: HEPA Filter

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum