Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleusefulidiot
It's notfascist, it's...Neoconservative!

Hemi-Sync
    #1110867 - 12/04/02 07:45 PM (14 years, 10 days ago)

Hi all, whats up?
Just wondering.. has anyone here tried meditating to any of the audio produced by the Monroe Institute? I've just begun experimenting with meditation rescently, and have found that some of their introductory audio tracks have helped relaxation IMMENSELY! I've finally been able to reach a meditative state, in the middle of the day, instead of just at night, lying in bed.. which I've been working on for the last couple years..keeping a dream log for the last 3 months or so, and am continuing to add to it almost daily. Although I don't really seem to be making much 'progress', other than it has definitely been easier to remember dreams. But i guess thats the idea, right?
Anyways, back to the point, has anyone tried out Hemi-Sync? would anyone be able to recommend some tracks to download? I've got a bunch of them so far.. But, I've only really worked with the introductions. So far, they've worked alot better then I imagined they ever would before deciding to download them.
Anyways, I just thought I'd post the question, and hopefully get some input..
take care all.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
Re: Hemi-Sync [Re: usefulidiot]
    #1111447 - 12/04/02 10:08 PM (14 years, 10 days ago)

I haven't but i've been thinking about getting my hands on one of those brain machines.  I don't know if it's the same thing your talking about but, it works like this.  a tone of so many hz(i think hertz is the measurement used for frequency) is played in one ear and a tone of different hz is played in the other ear.  The brain recognizes the difference between the two frequencies and synchronizes the left and right hemispheres of the brain to that frequency.  In this way you can custom select what frequency your brain is operating at with the flick of a switch.  You can easily reach alpha and theta brain wave patterns (while listening).  I suppose you could set your brain too beta or delta too but i don't see why you would want to.  Beta being the normal daily operational frequency of the brain (except when your relaxing which is when you fall to alpha).  And Delta is the state of sleep which is not remembered (too little brain wave activity).  Here's a link http://www.mindmachines.com/

As an after thought this most likely is the same thing your talking about(hence the title Hemi-Sync :blush:.  Oh well maybe this will interest those who read your post but, didn't have a clue.

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

Edited by 3eyedgod (12/04/02 10:11 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology