Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
Magic Shell Topping
    #1108962 - 12/04/02 01:21 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I've heard of people mixing mushrooms into chocolate to hide the taste.  I was worried about the heated chocolate might cause some of the potency to be lost.  I just had an idea.  You guys ever heard of that Smucker's Magic Shell?  It's a  syrup you squirt onto ice cream.  Let it sit for a few moments, and then it solidifies.  It comes in Caramel, Chocolate, Chocolate Fudge, Cookie Dough, Crunch, Peanut Butter, and Twix.  There's a flavor for everyone!

What if, I got a bottle, squirted it into a bowl, mixed in weighed amounts of dried cubbies that have been run through into a coffee grinder, mix it in, put in a mold and put it in the freezer. 

The downfall, not sure if the syrup turns back into liquid when it's brought back up to room temperature.  If it does turn back to liquid then portability is out of the question.

The upsides, the syrup is at room temperature.  The powder will not oxidize because it's in the chocolate.  The active ingredients won't degrade as fast because it's in the freezer.  It's still damn tasty.  Oh the many flavors!  What do you guys think?  :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLlamanose
The llama knows

Re: Magic Shell Topping [Re: daussaulit]
    #1108968 - 12/04/02 01:24 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

EEEEEeeeeenteresting.... I've tried that stuff before, dunno what happens when it thaws....

--------------------
Alice came to a fork in the road.  "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
~Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
    #1109125 - 12/04/02 03:04 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

well try it out, sounds weird to me because i am not aware of the product you refer to. Grab some pics too.

Inform us about the taste :smile: 

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
    #1109354 - 12/04/02 07:51 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

personally, considering the low melting point of regular chocolate and how well the standard chocolate method works i don't think you have anything to worry about potency-wise. imho, heat degradation of mushroom goodness has been greatly exaggerated.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

OfflineNeonBlack
enthusiast
    #1109376 - 12/04/02 08:04 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I think that's a great idea.. You would have to eat it frozen though.. That might be a pain in the ass. It would be worth it though if it covered up that rancid taste.

InvisibleMr Wobblehead
WizardExtraordinary &Absolute CocoaSlut

Loc: They tell me it's a hospi...
    #1109438 - 12/04/02 08:34 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

The difference between what you're suggesting and what i suggest on my cocoa-shrooms thread is chemicals. What the fuck is in that shit????

To correct a few points. If making cocoa-shrooms, you do not need to boil the shrooms in the cocoa. You mix the pure cocoa powder to a paste in a little milk and then add it to a pan of very hot milk. If you are very worried about the heat affecting your shrooms, then let it cool before you blend the shrooms in. I find that warm cocoa doesn't cover the taste as well as hot cocoa. When i say hot, i mean i'm still able to down a mug in one go, so it's certainly not hot enough to fuck the shrooms up.

If you wish to add your shroom powder to chocolate that can be set, then there should be no boiling involved at all. You never boil chocolate because it fucks the chocolate up.

I fully recommend Green & Black's organic chocolate and cocoa for shrooming with. This stuff is totally pure, chemical free, and a lot of their raw igredients are bought by fair trade methods. Yes it's expensive but it makes me feel morally fucking wonderful and that is a great way to start a trip.

The stuff you recommend i wouldn't even put on my compost heap let alone put it on my shrooms. I had a look on their website and i notice that Smuckers are not very forthcoming about what they put in their products.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
    #1109478 - 12/04/02 08:52 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

magic shell stuff is liquid at room temp. It only becomes shell when its cold(like on top of your ice cream).

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Re: Magic Shell Topping [Re: baraka]
    #1109489 - 12/04/02 08:59 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

InvisibleMr Wobblehead

#1109614 - 12/04/02 10:25 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Where are the lists of ingredients on the website?

InvisibleMr Wobblehead

#1109628 - 12/04/02 10:31 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Offlinethecannuck
Big daddylumberjack

Loc: slurpee capital of the wo...
    #1109661 - 12/04/02 10:51 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Mebe try this..

Hard Chocolate Glaze

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Re: Magic Shell Topping [Re: Mr Wobblehead]
    #1109730 - 12/04/02 11:26 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

>Where are the lists of ingredients on the website?
If you went to http://www.smuckers.com/fg/pds/default.asp?groupid=4&catid=8, and actually read it, you would have noticed that it said "For nutritional information, view individual flavors."

On the bottom right are the list of flavors under the picture that says "Flavors". You might have to scroll down to see it. Because the links were near impossible to find, I've taken the liberty to list them for you.

Caramel
Ingredients
SUGAR, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL, COCONUT OIL, DRY WHOLE MILK, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, COCOA, SOY LECITHIN, YELLOW 6 LAKE, SALT, VANILLIN AN ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, YELLOW 5 LAKE, BLUE 2 LAKE, TURMERIC EXTRACT AND ANNATTO EXTRACT ADDED FOR COLOR.

Chocolate
Ingredients
SUGAR, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL, COCONUT OIL, COCOA, CHOCOLATE, COCOA PROCESSED WITH ALKALI, SOY LECITHIN, SALT, VANILLA, MILK.

Chocolate Fudge
Ingredients
SUGAR, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL, COCONUT OIL, WHOLE MILK SOLIDS, CHOCOLATE, COCOA PROCESSED WITH ALKALI, SOY LECITHIN, SALT, VANILLA

Cookie Dough Crunch
SUGAR, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL (SOYBEAN AND /OR COTTONSEED OILS), COCONUT OIL, WHEAT FLOUR, ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR (CONTAINS NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), BUTTER (WITH MILK), EGGS, CORN STARCH-MODIFIED, SOY LECITHIN, COCOA, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, BAKING SODA, NONFAT DRY MILK, SALT, CREAM OF TARTAR, WHEY (FROM MILK), CHOCOLATE LIQUOR, CORN FLOUR, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP.

Peanut Butter
Ingredients
SUGAR, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL, COCONUT OIL, PEANUT BUTTER (PEANUTS, PEANUT OIL, DEXTROSE, HYDROGENATED COTTONSEED OIL AND/OR HYDROGENATED PALM OIL, SALT), WHEY POWDER (FROM MILK), SOY LECITHIN, COLOR (YELLOW 6 LAKE, YELLOW 5 LAKE, BLUE 2 LAKE), COCOA, SALT, VANILLIN AN ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR.

Twix
Ingredients
SUGAR, PARTIALLY HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL (SOYBEAN AND COTTONSEED OILS), COCONUT OIL, WHEAT FLOUR, COCOA, CHOCOLATE LIQUOR, ARTIFICIAL AND NATURAL FLAVORS, SALT, SOY LECITHIN, COCOA PROCESSED WITH ALKALI, VANILLA, CINNAMON, SODIUM BICARBONATE, VANILLIN AN ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, MILK.

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
    #1110308 - 12/04/02 02:58 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

THis post is bordering on the cooking forum  :grin:

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Re: Magic Shell Topping [Re: DreaMaTrix]
    #1110405 - 12/04/02 03:20 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

>I fully recommend Green & Black's organic chocolate and cocoa for shrooming with. This stuff is totally pure, chemical free, and a lot of their raw igredients are bought by fair trade methods. Yes it's expensive but it makes me feel morally fucking wonderful and that is a great way to start a trip.

Weird, I don't feel bad when I eat regular chocolate. Well looking at the ingredients there's cocoa in it, well for some flavors. Anyway this isn't about chocolate, it's about mixing the powder into something else to cover the taste.

InvisibleMr Wobblehead

#1110444 - 12/04/02 03:28 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

Because the links were near impossible to find, I've taken the liberty to list them for you.

Thankyou.

I would rather eat my own turds than eat that filth.

As for ruining a load of lovely organic mushrooms with it...

InvisibleMr Wobblehead

#1110464 - 12/04/02 03:32 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

Weird, I don't feel bad when I eat regular chocolate. Well looking at the ingredients there's cocoa in it, well for some flavors. Anyway this isn't about chocolate, it's about mixing the powder into something else to cover the taste.

I beg to differ. The original poster clearly stated that it was due to his concern that chocolate would fuck his shrooms up that he started this thread.

And you may not feel bad eating all that chemically processed filth now, but wait until you've got cancer and then tell me you feel great.

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

#1111522 - 12/04/02 08:24 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

>I beg to differ. The original poster clearly stated that it was due to his concern
that chocolate would fuck his shrooms up that he started this thread.

That was because of the heat factor to melt down the chocolate might reduce the potency. I could mix it in OJ, but it's already cold so no need to worry. Could make tea, but I'm not going to because you can still taste it.

>And you may not feel bad eating all that chemically processed filth now, but wait until you've got cancer and then tell me you feel great.

Sounds good. I'll be sure to tell you what happens because we all know that chocolate is the #1 cancer causing substance known to man. I'll also be sure to tell those farmers that are getting ripped off to cry me a god damn river.

InvisibleMr Wobblehead

#1112563 - 12/05/02 02:46 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

That was because of the heat factor to melt down the chocolate might reduce the potency. I could mix it in OJ, but it's already cold so no need to worry. Could make tea, but I'm not going to because you can still taste it.

My point was that i didn't bring up the topic of chocolate, it was the original poster of this thread that did. Read his first sentence.

In reply to:

I'll be sure to tell you what happens because we all know that chocolate is the #1 cancer causing substance known to man.

Where do you get this idea from? Show me some hard facts that prove that eating pure chocolate does you any harm? I can accept that people who claim to eat chocolate have a lot of health problems, but they are not eating pure chocolate, they are eating chemically processed, bastardised, adulterated, GM filth, like the stuff that was being suggested by the original poster of this topic.

In reply to:

I'll also be sure to tell those farmers that are getting ripped off to cry me a god damn river.

You obviously are a very ignorant person to have this sort of attitude towards developing countries. The more that these people are exploited by modern industrialised nations the more the rifts and fractures in humanity widen. That can only lead to disaster for all concerned. But you wallow in your greed and ignorance if it makes you feel that much better.

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

#1113756 - 12/05/02 12:35 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

>My point was that i didn't bring up the topic of chocolate, it was the original poster of this thread that did. Read his first sentence.

It was only mentioned about twice. I'm looking for a replacement or alternative, hence the title of the thread "Magic Shell Topping".

>Where do you get this idea from? Show me some hard facts that prove that eating pure chocolate does you any harm?

It's called sarcasm, ever hear of it? I've never heard of anyone getting cancer from eating chocolate like you mentioned. You'd have a better chance of getting cancer from BBQ and drinking really hot coffee.

>The more that these people are exploited by modern industrialised nations the more the rifts and fractures in humanity widen. That can only lead to disaster for all concerned. But you wallow in your greed and ignorance if it makes you feel that much better.

Greed, what greed? I'm a college student and I'm having trouble getting by using the grocery store brand foods.

Anyone else have anything to add about the Magic Shell Topping?

Edited by daussaulit (12/05/02 12:37 PM)

InvisibleMr Wobblehead

#1113980 - 12/05/02 01:46 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I just realised you are the original poster of this thread.

Quote:

It was only mentioned about twice. I'm looking for a replacement or alternative, hence the title of the thread "Magic Shell Topping".

You started this because you were worried about heated chocolate ruining your shrooms, and that that was the reason why you wanted to pour industrial waste down your gullet.  When I then mention how your assumptions about chocolate were not true and tell you how you can use proper chocolate in a way that doesn't fuck you or your shrooms up, you start ranting on about this isn't about chocolate.  What the fuck are you smoking dude?  I try to help with your problem and all you do is bitch about it. :confused:

Quote:

It's called sarcasm, ever hear of it?

No.

Quote:

Greed, what greed? I'm a college student and I'm having trouble getting by using the grocery store brand foods.

I'm disabled and living on social security for the rest of my life, but it doesn't justify exploiting people who are even worse off than me.  You might be poor, and you might not be able to help those worse off, I can accept that.  But to say...
Quote:

I'll also be sure to tell those farmers that are getting ripped off to cry me a god damn river. 

is not the words, nor thoughts, of a decent person. 

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale