Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Paul Stamets

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

new South African Cubensis in stock
    #1109436 - 12/04/02 10:34 AM (14 years, 8 days ago)

--------------------
-Peace-
For all your legal mushroom spores and cultures visit  <a href="http://www.muShrooms.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">www.muShrooms.com</a>

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores since 1998

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: new South African Cubensis in stock [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #1110852 - 12/04/02 07:38 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

I think these details belong in this forum not the pic forum. This forum is for advertising, not the pic forum.

"We normally do not offer spores so untamed so to speak. We like to work with them for a while to domesticate them. But we are offering a limited amount of spore syringes and prints of these 2nd generation spores of the South Africa cubensis. For those that are looking for some genetics as close to there parent as possible this is it. After these are gone we will only be offering about 6th generation spores of this strain."

I am interested in this strain and may purchase one of the 2nd gen prints.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus

Loc: South Africa
Re: new South African Cubensis in stock [Re: Joshua]
    #1112446 - 12/05/02 03:39 AM (14 years, 7 days ago)

I asked the same question in the picture forum ryche, do you know for sure it was from this so-called New Germany??
I can tell you that New Germany doesn`t exsists.
Could you please answer with a reply either here or in the picture forum.
Also I was wondering if you`d like me to isolate it further?

--------------------
Derrayld and out of control

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

Re: new South African Cubensis in stock [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #1116682 - 12/06/02 11:40 AM (14 years, 6 days ago)

Its not from New Germany, its 200 miles south of New Germany on from the Wild Coast. Our friend does not want us disclosing the exact location because he's afraid people in the area will ravage the location since psilocybes have been non existant in S. Africa for so long.
And I can tell you New Germany does exist because I have sent many letters over the years to that address and they get delivered fine.

--------------------
-Peace-
For all your legal mushroom spores and cultures visit  <a href="http://www.muShrooms.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">www.muShrooms.com</a>

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores since 1998

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: new South African Cubensis in stock [Re: Ryche Hawk]
    #1118258 - 12/06/02 08:22 PM (14 years, 5 days ago)

?? Psilocybes rare in South Africa?? Psilocybe Natalensis, Ps. Semilanceata, ps.cubensis and many active panaeolus species have been reported in South Africa.

--------------------

OfflineFried Brains
Re: new South African Cubensis in stock [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1122309 - 12/08/02 05:03 PM (14 years, 3 days ago)

Hi Blue Meanie, It is nice to find someone knowledgable about Psilocybe shrooms in South Africa. As far as I know the only active shrooms mentioned by P. Stamets in his book PM of the W. was P. Semilancaeta,( the approximate location has never been revealed) I have never met anyone who has found them. The other is P. Natalensis, this is definitely rare, there are no commercailly viable prints or cultures available or if you know the locations and availabilty of these shrooms or have other book references to them in south africa I would really like to hear from you. TO the best of my knowledge the only documented active Pan from SA is Subbalteatus. I would like to think that tropicalis and cyanescens would grow here due suitable habitat, but I have not seen any reference to them that I can recall. I also have not read any references to P. Cubensis in South Africa prior to this new strain that has just recently surfaced. Perhaps there is a book or reference I have missed, if so please share it.

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus

Re: new South African Cubensis in stock [Re: Fried Brains]
    #1123531 - 12/09/02 01:39 AM (14 years, 3 days ago)

Fried Brains, we've harvested and tried cubensis from Transkie before.
I have a group of friends who regularly hunt in the Cooler months in the Cape Town forests.
Myself and a group Hunt in the Eastern Cape as well.
And I`ve heard many references of Cubensis in the Hogsback area as well as Subs and Pans.
They`re all there you just need to look harder.

--------------------

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

#1123840 - 12/09/02 03:53 AM (14 years, 3 days ago)

I wouldnt say that im knowledgable, as ive never been to SA.
MJ says that Cubensis was first taxo. described in South Africa. You also have laughing gyms and a host of panaeolus species, not limiting Pan Africanus, and im pretty sure youd have pan cyanescens - or it would naturalise if introduced to your more humid areas to the north.
Derralyd would be the person to speak to about this.
Semilanceata has also been found in Australia, but is extremely rare - limited to alpine pockets.

--------------------

OfflineFried Brains
    #1125323 - 12/09/02 05:00 PM (14 years, 2 days ago)

Ok , well thanks for the info Derrayld. I think primarily what Ryche Hawk is saying is that he is offering prints of the first cubensis from South Africa that has been not made avaliable before. Previously VERY FEW PEOPLE, including myself were really aware of cubes in SA. In the two official SA Mushroom identification books, cubes are just not mentioned. I could just never understand why they didnt grow here as the east coast summer climate is just perfect for them I have inspected many cow turd in natal over a large area, mainly in the midlands and never found any active shrooms except pan sub. I think we have to give Ryche Hawk and his friend in SA credit for making it happen. I am very pleased to know this shroom grows here and that Ryche has assisted in making it available to the rest of the world.

What shrooms have you found in the cooler months in the eastern cape ?

I will be driving through the eastern cape soon and Hogsback is one of my stop overs on my way to the Cape so I will have a look around there. Its probaly the same cubensis as the one in the transkei seeing that Hogs back is not too far from the southern transkei.
I will take pic's if I do, swallow some too !

Blue Meanie, I am once again not sure where you info is coming from but laughing gyms, this is a very hard to swallow, and its just not funny. Very Bitter. I have no reference to this in SA, although there are Gymnopilus growing in SA, as evidenced with my own eyes I think they were Luteofolus, said to be weakly active, not worth the bad taste. To the best of my knowledge Pan Africanus only occurs in africa as far south as Sudan( its only moderately active anyway ). Next time I visit a Game Reserve I will defineltly be looking a little more closely at elephant and Hippo shit I assure you !

I am also sure Pan Cyanescens should grow here too, I wish I could find it ! And if I could find liberty caps I would go and live right next the field. These have got to rank as some of the best shrooms Ive tried. ( they were from europe )

Derrrlayld, if you find any different shrooms out there in the transkei and the eastern cape, please consider taking a print or two and sending it to your favourite spore supplier so the rest of the world can share it too

Ryche, thanks for sharing this new cubie shroom with the rest of the world and keep up the good work. !

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

#1133708 - 12/11/02 10:42 PM (14 years, 16 hours ago)

I have big laughing gym prints coming from South Africa - ill get the soruce to email you in the next week about that.

--------------------

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus

#1133945 - 12/12/02 02:48 AM (14 years, 12 hours ago)

Talking to me Blue??

--------------------

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: new South African Cubensis in stock [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #1142804 - 12/15/02 11:30 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

well either of you - the guy posted on www.ethnobotany-australia.net in the marketplace section.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Paul Stamets

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum