Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMcTwist
Stoned Stranger
Male

Possible to have different RH in different areas of FC?
    #11087668 - 09/19/09 08:34 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

My hygrometer is giving me different readings in different locations. My FC is not that big, so I'm thinking it has to be how I place it. If it is dead center laying flat on the perlite, I get near 100%. However, if I set it up on it's side then it gives me less than 80%. This may be why I have had trouble pinning and getting aborts!

Fucking shit, all this time low humidity. I taped over a bunch of holes in my shotgun so hopefully it goes up. How/where should I set up my hygrometer for the most accurate readings?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelsatrap
Mush maker
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.E USA
Re: Possible to have different RH in different areas of FC? [Re: McTwist]
    #11087682 - 09/19/09 08:38 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I believe that they are more accurate if placed standing up.  Is your perilite damp enough? Sometimes you still have to mist with the shotgun tek. Is the room you have the FC in humid or dry?

--------------------
At this moment you should be with us, feeling like we do.

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: Possible to have different RH in different areas of FC? [Re: lsatrap]
    #11087692 - 09/19/09 08:44 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

If you made the terrarium per the tek from www.mushroomvideos.com I would say you probably just have a faulty hygrometer.  No worries though, I have never used a good hygrometer and eventually gae up altogether worrying about what the rh was.  If you followed RR's instructions to the build and are misting and fanniny 3x's a day you most likely will be fine. 

Also, where do you live and how is the humidity there?

Lastly, this was my first shotgun:

This FC was rather large and still produced nicely. 
This was the heaviest shroom produced from that grow

But as you progress, as I did, you will eventually move from the pf tek(which in my opinion IS the best teaching method but not exactly the easiest)

I went from pf tek with shotguns to a Greenhouse with trays, doing quart jars of rye spawning to coir,coffee, and verm and casing.  this is where I am in this hobby now:

take my name down, if you need any help pm me I will get back to you asap. good luck

InvisibleMcTwist
Stoned Stranger
Male

Re: Possible to have different RH in different areas of FC? [Re: PreparationH]
    #11087831 - 09/19/09 09:28 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I live in southeast PA. The max humidity for today is 44%. I say that's pretty dry. I have them in my closet. I only mist once a day in the mornings. Maybe I should try do more?

I just misted which brought the humidity up to 92%. I think I'll be fine. THanks

@ PreparationH:: That's where I wanna be. Right now I'm trying to grasp the basics. In the future I hope to try different methods and monotubs and all that good stuff. IT's exciting =D

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
    #11087844 - 09/19/09 09:32 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

You've calibrated your hygrometer? What kind of FC? Pics?

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Re: Possible to have different RH in different areas of FC? [Re: Doc_T]
    #11087915 - 09/19/09 09:49 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

yea I'd def. start misting about 3 x's a day instead of once.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #11088011 - 09/19/09 10:14 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

You should be misting several times per day.  Fresh air exchange is the number one pinning trigger, but fresh air takes away moisture, which is replaced by misting.  That's how it works.  Now, untape the holes and elevate the terrarium so air can enter from the bottom.  If the holes are the correct size and spacing, toss out that cheap hygrometer and let the terrarium do its thing.  Your humidity WILL be in the mid to upper 90s.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinetektonic
Mr. Mani-fest-ival

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: RL
Re: Possible to have different RH in different areas of FC? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #11088093 - 09/19/09 10:32 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Amen!

--------------------
Growery

Daily Tzolkin

:peace: :heart: :earth:

"If triangles' had a God, he would have 3 sides."

InvisibleMcTwist
Stoned Stranger
Male

Re: Possible to have different RH in different areas of FC? [Re: tektonic]
    #11088523 - 09/19/09 11:48 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

How does this look? Are my holes/spacing adequate to maintain optimum humidity?

I have about 3 inches of perlite (could always add more) and I used a 1/4" drill bit for the holes. Is it fine?

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

#11089129 - 09/19/09 01:25 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

looks good, probably better off not having it in a closet though but, gotta do whatcha gotta do.  It is raised off of the floor so air can come up fronm the bottom correct??

OfflinePoseidon
My FAE is bigger than your FAE

#11089723 - 09/19/09 03:27 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Hygrometers are almost never accurate, since the only cheap ones available use hair tension to measure.  Usually, if they are accurate, they will lose calibration quickly in ultra-high humidity environments like a terrarium.  Humidity is notoriously difficult to measure in the HVAC community.  The only accurate methods are sling psychrometers (irrelevant in a terrarium) and newer electronic hygrometers, which are great but are fucking Lamborghinis, you won't find those bad boys at a hardware store...

--------------------
HELLO, NUBCAKES.  ARE YOU HAVING CONTAMINATION ISSUES?  WELL, YOU MUST NOT BE AWARE OF THE MAGICAL FORCE OF BACTERIAL ENDOSPORES.  E-N-D-O-S-P-O-R-E-S.  SPELL IT OUT, YOU GOD DAMN NUBLETS, BECAUSE IT WHAT CAUSES EVERY CONTAMINATION KNOWN TO MAN.  ENDOSPORES HAPPEN WHEN YOU DO NOT PRESSURE COOK AT 15 PSI FOR AT LEAST 6 HOURS.  LIKE A FUCKING VIETCONG IN HIS CAVE, THESE RELENTLESS COCKSUCKSERS CAN GET FUCKING FRIED AND STILL POP OUT OF YOUR GRAIN AND FUCK ALL YOUR SHIT RIGHT UP!!  GETTING CONTAMINATIONS?  WELL OBVIOUSLY, YOU DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ENDOSPORES!!

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Re: Possible to have different RH in different areas of FC? [Re: Poseidon]
    #11090110 - 09/19/09 04:49 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Poseidon said:
Hygrometers are almost never accurate, since the only cheap ones available use hair tension to measure.  Usually, if they are accurate, they will lose calibration quickly in ultra-high humidity environments like a terrarium.  Humidity is notoriously difficult to measure in the HVAC community.  The only accurate methods are sling psychrometers (irrelevant in a terrarium) and newer electronic hygrometers, which are great but are fucking Lamborghinis, you won't find those bad boys at a hardware store...

bullshit, don't use an electronic hygrometer.  they are not used in mycology because they are "Lamborghinis" but because they suck.

OfflinePoseidon
My FAE is bigger than your FAE

#11090401 - 09/19/09 05:49 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Umm, no, you are wrong, dipshit.  You may be referring to standard digital hygrometers which are electronic in the sense that they use an LCD screen but are still hair tension actuated.  The electronic hygrometers I am referring to use the mirror condensation method, which IS the most accurate method of measuring humidity, even more so than a sling psychrometer.  You have to get them from a wholesale HVAC supplier, and would probably have to sell your car (assuming it's brand new) to afford one.  Actually, most suppliers won't sell anything to you unless you have a refrigeration ticket.

--------------------
HELLO, NUBCAKES.  ARE YOU HAVING CONTAMINATION ISSUES?  WELL, YOU MUST NOT BE AWARE OF THE MAGICAL FORCE OF BACTERIAL ENDOSPORES.  E-N-D-O-S-P-O-R-E-S.  SPELL IT OUT, YOU GOD DAMN NUBLETS, BECAUSE IT WHAT CAUSES EVERY CONTAMINATION KNOWN TO MAN.  ENDOSPORES HAPPEN WHEN YOU DO NOT PRESSURE COOK AT 15 PSI FOR AT LEAST 6 HOURS.  LIKE A FUCKING VIETCONG IN HIS CAVE, THESE RELENTLESS COCKSUCKSERS CAN GET FUCKING FRIED AND STILL POP OUT OF YOUR GRAIN AND FUCK ALL YOUR SHIT RIGHT UP!!  GETTING CONTAMINATIONS?  WELL OBVIOUSLY, YOU DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ENDOSPORES!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder