Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Sports Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblethedefone
deus ex machina

Loc: Gondwana
Another Fucking Fantasy Football Question.
    #11087046 - 09/19/09 04:29 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

First of all, is there a thread for non-Shroomery league q's?  I'd post there but I don't want to fuck everything up like I usually do. 

ANYWAY..  Being new to the FF football world, I'm still learning.  Which defense should I start this week, Seahawks or Eagles?  The Eagles fucking owned last week against Carolina but are going up against the Saints offense machine this week, while Seattle will be playing a much weaker team than NO, but much stronger than last weeks Rams in the Niners.

Also, is it good strategy to start multiple receivers from the same team, or is it wise to split the starters based on team.  I've got Keller/Cotchery from NYJ and Carlson/Burleson from SEA....  Should I start these pairs together and hope to cover as many points from a team as possible or just put the best single performers in the starting positions?  I dunno.

I know I'm a fucking moron, but I don't really have a clue what I am doing...  I think I may have a shot at the money though...

--------------------

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineratatonic30
Noobie McNub
Male

Loc: Indianapolis
Re: Another Fucking Fantasy Football Question. [Re: thedefone]
    #11087403 - 09/19/09 08:19 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

If it were my team, I'd start the Eagles D. It's hard to bench a team that had 5 sacks, 5 INTs, and 2 fumble rec. I like the fact that they're playing at home also. As for starting multiple players from the same team, it's always hit or miss. I prefer not to risk starting receivers from the same team in case their offense struggles or gets shut down.

Also, you're not doing too bad if those are your biggest concerns.

--------------------
Existence always has an Order, called Chaos when incompatible with a chosen good. ~ Some philosopher dude

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #11087412 - 09/19/09 08:29 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I wouldnt start the Eagles this week

OfflinemickS
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: Another Fucking Fantasy Football Question. [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #11087623 - 09/19/09 10:23 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i go off trends... granted the eagles are playing probably the best offense in the nfl... 30 points at an away game is ridiculous, i couldnt ignore this come week 2,

as for starting two players on the same team, if it were the saints id say go for it, though, considering either one of those teams has a big potential to flounder this week, id spread it out, and go for the players you feel will do best for their respective teams. personally id choose carlson, crotchery (and i have keller), because of carlsons huge performance last week, and crotchery might very well do something big against tow pats, after all, beyond the rbs, sanchez really only has him and keller to throw to.

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Offlineratatonic30
Noobie McNub
Male

Loc: Indianapolis
    #11095477 - 09/20/09 05:37 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

On second thought, hold off on that Eagles D :rofl2:

--------------------
Existence always has an Order, called Chaos when incompatible with a chosen good. ~ Some philosopher dude

Invisiblethedefone
deus ex machina

Loc: Gondwana
Re: Another Fucking Fantasy Football Question. [Re: ratatonic30]
    #11095566 - 09/20/09 05:57 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, they ate balls today..  I'm glad I started the Seahawks, but we'll see if I get anything out of them either...  Right now I am just wishing I had started Sproles instead of Derrick Ward.  All in all, having Chris Johnson on my team is working in my favor today.

--------------------

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Sports Forum