Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRonPaulVerm
Piss Christ
Male

Chicken of the Woods, is it not?
    #11085179 - 09/18/09 06:27 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I'm so happy I found one of these species!

Haven't gotten spore print yet, JUST found it 2 hrs ago. Bright yellow on the bottom so that gives me a clue it got the sulpher in it like it should. Growing on a dead tree.
I want to cook it.
HOWEVER, this site (http://americanmushrooms.com/edibles4.htm) says I shouldn't eat it if it's on certain trees.
Is that true? and can you tell what tree it's growing on by chance.
I can always go back and check tomorrow, what would be the best way to store this. (for eating and agar)

--------------------
Spawn I Have: Blewitt, Reishi, Maitake, Chicken of the Woods, Parasol, Shaggy Mane, King, Blue and Gold Oyster, Shiitake, King Stropharia, Lions Mane, Almond Portabello, Elm Oyster, Phoenix Oyster, Nameko, Enoki, White Beech,

Spawn I Want: Corcyceps Sp., Cauliflower Mushrooms, Agaricus species (Portobello), Pink Oyster, Piopinno, ...anything else you might have

Primitive Skills                                     

Any information I've posted is only related to fictional purposes. I do not advocate growing any illegal mushrooms 
...I DO advocate learning about
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
Re: Chicken of the Woods, is it not? [Re: RonPaulVerm]
    #11085195 - 09/18/09 06:29 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Yep , that's it.

That one looks a bit too old to cook though.

--------------------

Edited by Mr. Mushrooms (09/18/09 06:30 PM)

InvisibleRonPaulVerm
Piss Christ
Male

Re: Chicken of the Woods, is it not? [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #11085266 - 09/18/09 06:39 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I figured, but I might try a little anyway. It's not tough! The whole thing is pretty fleshy!
Do people say too old too cook because not palatable or not chewable or dangers?

--------------------
Spawn I Have: Blewitt, Reishi, Maitake, Chicken of the Woods, Parasol, Shaggy Mane, King, Blue and Gold Oyster, Shiitake, King Stropharia, Lions Mane, Almond Portabello, Elm Oyster, Phoenix Oyster, Nameko, Enoki, White Beech,

Spawn I Want: Corcyceps Sp., Cauliflower Mushrooms, Agaricus species (Portobello), Pink Oyster, Piopinno, ...anything else you might have

Primitive Skills                                     

Any information I've posted is only related to fictional purposes. I do not advocate growing any illegal mushrooms 
...I DO advocate learning about
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
Re: Chicken of the Woods, is it not? [Re: RonPaulVerm]
    #11085328 - 09/18/09 06:47 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

It gets damn tough in my opinion.  Flavor isn't too bad though.

--------------------

OfflineVinceT
Stranger

Re: Chicken of the Woods, is it not? [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #11085990 - 09/18/09 08:49 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Definitely chicken of the woods. I actually found two separate patches while on a hike today and cooked some up with dinner. I only eat the outer edge (the margin) so it tastes great, but I'm sure you can cook the other parts longer and they'll become tender. Thanks for the info about not eating chicken of the woods when it grows on certain trees. That's great info (of course I've never checked the type of tree in the past and I'm still here).

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale