Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleTropism
ChasingTail

Re: Why is OC so negative? [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #11086461 - 09/18/09 10:46 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
What truly cracks me up is the sheer number of people who would complain about my style and yet would not put me On Ignore. I think people like to rile themselves up over nothing.

Ya don't say.  :yesnod:

I wonder why you make these threads sometimes, I can only guess tonights topics were created out of a Friday night boredom and a subconcious desire to reaffirm your lost hope for humanity.

Maybe I'm looking a little too deeply into this. :bong:

Either way, let the monkey business continue right along track. :monkeydance:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: Why is OC so negative? [Re: curious mouse]
    #11086493 - 09/18/09 10:56 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I have no power over others. Their reaction is their choice. This is responsibility 101.

If your point was valid then everyone would react identically, would they not? I think it telling that you would defend emotional immaturity as if this was something we should aspire to.

--------------------

Offlinecurious mouse
meandering wanderer
Male User Gallery

#11086552 - 09/18/09 11:17 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i don't think you understand my point.
your desire to rile up...does not imply that you directly rile them.

if you deny any power over others....than you are simply naive or lying.

your idea of responsibility doesn't jive with causality.

i don't know your credentials or life history but i presume that you have no business judging the emotional maturity of the posters here....and in fact are not fully "mature" (or "ripe") your self.

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

Loc: Knowhere
    #11086669 - 09/18/09 11:46 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
I have no power over others. Their reaction is their choice. This is responsibility 101.

No power over others, but you can influence others. That is to say, people influence each other. For example, I'm having an influence to some degree on whoever is reading this now.

While it is responsible to take care of ones own reactions to others, it is even more responsible to also be aware of and take responsibility for how our own behaviour can affect others. If you consistently get a response from others that you don't like or didn't plan for, then this is some useful feedback if you really wanted a different response instead. Ie. the change needs to start with you. It's no good trying to blame everyone else and put the responsibility solely on their shoulders. This is responsibility 101 - advanced class. :wink:

--------------------

Offlinecurious mouse
meandering wanderer
Male User Gallery

Re: Why is OC so negative? [Re: Mufungo]
    #11086719 - 09/18/09 11:59 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

influence is a form of power.

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

#11086797 - 09/19/09 12:28 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

so is the wind

--------------------

Offlinecurious mouse
meandering wanderer
Male User Gallery

#11086835 - 09/19/09 12:42 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i thought we were talking about the variety that humans possess or seem to have control over.

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#11086875 - 09/19/09 12:58 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

it is even more responsible to also be aware of and take responsibility for how our own behaviour can affect others.

Jesus, Gandhi, Kennedy, King - all killed because they did not take responsibility for how their words and actions affected others. If any of those guys were here, I would give them a 1 shroom rating for their thoughtlessness.

--------------------

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

#11086881 - 09/19/09 01:00 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Power that humans possess? Like He-man? But I'm only kidding. My mind tends to wander to thoughts of super-heros and mystical creatures when I think about power outside of energy production. But if you associate influence to power, then I guess most humans to some degree have power over themselves, each other, and the world. But I personally don't generally associate influence with power.

--------------------

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

#11086885 - 09/19/09 01:01 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Quote:

it is even more responsible to also be aware of and take responsibility for how our own behaviour can affect others.

Jesus, Gandhi, Kennedy, King - all killed because they did not take responsibility for how their words and actions affected others. If any of those guys were here, I would give them a 1 shroom rating for their thoughtlessness.

What made you think they didn't take responsibility for how their words and actions affected others?

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#11086909 - 09/19/09 01:13 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

you consistently get a response from others that you don't like or didn't plan for, then this is some useful feedback if you really wanted a different response instead. Ie. the change needs to start with you.

You make a point then quickly try to evade. Waffle, waffle.

Is not being murdered a form of generally unplanned and unwelcome feedback?

--------------------

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

#11086941 - 09/19/09 01:33 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

How have I tried to quickly evade OC?

Quote:

Is not being murdered a form of generally unplanned and unwelcome feedback?

Sometimes. But it's not really consistent feedback now is it. As far as I'm aware, a person can only be murdered once. But on the topic of potentially being murdered for their words and behaviour. I think probably all of the examples you provided, Jesus, Gandhi, Kennedy, King, all took responsibility for the possibility that they could die as a result of what they stood for, and they did it anyway.  ..and eventually died.

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#11086975 - 09/19/09 01:46 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Let's recap for those just now arriving:

Neither Mufu nor I can read minds, but he apparently knows which writers and speakers take responsibility (whatever that means in this case) and which don't.

How one apparently takes responsibility is by getting 100% positive feedback from all readers/listeners.

The speaker/writer must know in advance how all potential viewers will react, else he fails in his responsibility. (Omnisicence seems to be a requirement.)

Being murdered doesn't really count as negative feedback.

--------------------

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

#11086988 - 09/19/09 01:52 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:
Let's recap for those just now arriving:

Neither Mufu nor I can read minds, but he apparently knows which writers and speakers take responsibility (whatever that means in this case) and which don't.

How one apparently takes responsibility is by getting 100% positive feedback from all readers/listeners.

The speaker/writer must know in advance how all potential viewers will react, else he fails in his responsibility. (Omnisicence seems to be a requirement.)

Being murdered doesn't really count as negative feedback.

:lol: I thought you were the first to say they didn't take responsibility. Is that how you think people take responsibility OC? Quite ridiculous interpretations you've made of what I said. Try re-reading it cause it seems you're having some trouble, oh and think before you write, remember?

As for whether feedback is positive or negative, that's up to you to decide and it depends on what the desired outcome was. As far as being murdered is being feedback at all, that's hilarious. You're seriously acting like a clown now.

--------------------

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

#11087020 - 09/19/09 02:12 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Of course I framed it as a joke because that is how your posts sound. You are attempting to give advice without giving advice.

You have failed to state what taking responsibility means nor how one tunes into an unknown audience.

You have failed to state how much negative response is or is not acceptable.

Mostly you have failed to tell us why a writer is in charge of the emotional buttons of the audience.

If you cannot clarify your stance so as to make it understandable then perhaps your stance is incredibly weak.

--------------------

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

#11087038 - 09/19/09 02:26 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Sure, I'd be glad to clarify. If that's all you wanted, you could have just asked.

I'll spell it out, just for you OC...

Quote:

While it is responsible to take care of ones own reactions to others [AS PER THE OC's EXPLANATION OF RESPONSIBILITY - "Their reaction is their choice. This is responsibility 101."], it is even more responsible to also be aware of and take responsibility for how our own behaviour can affect others.

When a person has done something over and over again, and gotten the same sort of response over and over again, then generally a person learns to associate their behaviour with the response they got. This is basic learning 101. So therefore, once a person has learned this, they can then predict that "If I do X, there is a fairly good chance that they will do Y" or something to that effect. But not everyone learns this..

I'll explain the rest to you later cause my girlfriend is calling out for us to leave...

--------------------

OfflineDarkestone
One of Them
 User Gallery

Loc: On healing wings
    #11087077 - 09/19/09 02:41 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

It must be easy to convince yourself you know everything about everything when you live in such a tiny box.  Kill the boxes people!! :minigun:

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Why is OC so negative? [Re: Darkestone]
    #11087087 - 09/19/09 02:45 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

People who believe in living outside of the box have merely entered another box.

--------------------

Offlinecurious mouse
meandering wanderer
Male User Gallery

#11087287 - 09/19/09 05:00 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mufungo said:
Power that humans possess? Like He-man? But I'm only kidding. My mind tends to wander to thoughts of super-heros and mystical creatures when I think about power outside of energy production. But if you associate influence to power, then I guess most humans to some degree have power over themselves, each other, and the world. But I personally don't generally associate influence with power.

well you should...essentially we are affecting the physical workings of the brain upon each other, through the use of our physical rhetoric.
this is apparent just in our physical existence and the fact that light reflects off of our bodies, and we emit noise, or engage in some sort of symbolic gesture.....
we affect the sensory perceptions of our cohabitants that we are physically dependent upon.

what does "outside of energy production" mean?
shouldn't there also be energy expulsion or transformation....

you do not produce energy. energy is not lost or gained.

Offlinecurious mouse
meandering wanderer
Male User Gallery

#11087291 - 09/19/09 05:07 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

OrgoneConclusion said:Mostly you have failed to tell us why a writer is in charge of the emotional buttons of the audience.

If the writer is wise and virtuous he would take into account the mental/emotional state of his audience (what if they were mentally handicapped, semi-retarded, easily swayed...IE mason family)....the writer would take a rhetorical approach that would limit the coercions of his persuasion.

he would also need complete knowledge of self in order to make a truly wise decision in how to go about the Art of Doing.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order