Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCap Ten
BrothaFromAnothaMotha
Concerns About Mushroom Growth
    #1108254 - 12/03/02 09:05 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

This is my first attempt at cultivating the psychedelic brain food know as mushrooms (P. Cubensis), and have had good results so far using cake method. Currently, all cakes are pinning nicely (First flush), but they are not fruiting as fast and as big as I had hoped. I birthed them about 7 days ago and the majority of them are about 3 to 4 inches long with a bulb the size of a marble. Also, some of them are growing sideways instead of curving upward. Any suggestions as to what I could do to ensure optimal growth??? My ultrasonic humidifier provides my terrarrium with 80 to 85 percent humidity according to my cheap ass humidity gauge and it gets about 3 hours of indirect light a day using a regular 30 watt light bulb. I drilled a hole 1/2 inch in diameter in the bottom of the terrarrium to allow air exchange. Is this enough??? More humidity? More air? More light? Different light? What should I do? Next time, I think I want to try a casing just to see how the results turn out. I hear casings do better. Any suggestions to my inquiries. Please reply.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
Re: Concerns About Mushroom Growth [Re: Cap Ten]
    #1108289 - 12/03/02 09:16 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Sounds good....keep it up. The size sounds great for your first cakes or for any damn cakes for that matter...

I might guess they are still going to grow....

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

OfflineTrippingBillies
SpaceCruiser
Loc: Pangea
    #1108291 - 12/03/02 09:16 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Well your size concers are most likely a humidity/water supply problem. Are your cakes on top of some vermiculite? Was the cake covered or rolled in vermiculite? I would aim for higher humidity and more air ventilation. Fan and then midst more often. How is the terrarium looking humidity wise? Is it sweaty and dripping with condensation? You might want to try a resevoir tek. It's never too late to drill a dime sized hole in the cakes and fill with moist vermiculite. I would aim for casings next time. I gave up on cakes real quick.

--------------------
"It's so obvious it's hard to understand."

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
    #1108421 - 12/03/02 09:52 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

That actually sounds pretty good for a birth such a short time ago. I would up the rh to around 95% though. Also, I have a feeling the hole on the bottom of the terrarium is not enough for air exchange.

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: Concerns About Mushroom Growth [Re: Angry Mycologist]
    #1108485 - 12/03/02 10:25 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Im not sure what your problem is, just fan often.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

Invisiblefunkymonk
Get's down, withthe get-down.
 User Gallery

Loc: saskatchewan
Re: Concerns About Mushroom Growth [Re: SixCee]
    #1108524 - 12/03/02 10:36 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

How Often is Often??? Like once or twice a day?

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: Concerns About Mushroom Growth [Re: funkymonk]
    #1108718 - 12/03/02 11:46 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I would suggest 2-5 times per day

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies