Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: Alcohol is pure stupidness in a bottle [Re: Andre Nickatina]
    #11081992 - 09/18/09 06:18 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

>If people want to involuntarily poison themselves

dont know if many people want to involuntarily poison themselves what the hell are you talking about? What the HELL MAN?!!

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineChubba
Vape hungry

Re: Alcohol is pure stupidness in a bottle [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #11081994 - 09/18/09 06:19 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

:cheers: from Germany!

:vaped:

You drink many Trappist beers over there?

Invisiblevirus1824
Mr Mushroom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Alcohol is pure stupidness in a bottle [Re: Chubba]
    #11081995 - 09/18/09 06:19 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

you guys tried it once, it failed.

you must be talking about Americans. i'm from Europe.

But of course. I drink beer. i like a cocktail. But you should not underestimate the impact alcohol has on the general human population.

for example. Take Russia where and i quote "More than half of all deaths of people of working age in Russia are caused by alcohol". And this problem is not confined to Russia alone i can tell you. Indirectly alot of diseases are at least party caused by alcohol.

--------------------
A weekend wasted is never a wasted weekend

OfflineAndre Nickatina
Smoov like water
 User Gallery

Re: Alcohol is pure stupidness in a bottle [Re: ManianFH]
    #11081997 - 09/18/09 06:20 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mick said:
>If people want to involuntarily poison themselves

dont know if many people want to involuntarily poison themselves what the hell are you talking about? What the HELL MAN?!!

Incase you didn't know alcohol is a poison

Invisiblevirus1824
Mr Mushroom
Male User Gallery

#11081998 - 09/18/09 06:21 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

true. But so is oxygen :borfase:

--------------------

InvisibleApollyphelion
Dungeon Master/Princess(1009)
Female User Gallery

Loc: Festival of Deaths
Re: Alcohol is pure stupidness in a bottle [Re: Chubba]
    #11082005 - 09/18/09 06:23 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Chubba said:
Quote:

:cheers: from Germany!

:vaped:

You drink many Trappist beers over there?

Never heard of it!

--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion

Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

OfflineChubba
Vape hungry

Re: Alcohol is pure stupidness in a bottle [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #11082010 - 09/18/09 06:24 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Never heard of it!

Get onto that shit! Trappist monks brew their own beer within the monasteries, it's mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trappist_beer

I've been sampling a few from the "beers around the world" section at my local bottle shop.

OfflineAndre Nickatina
Smoov like water
 User Gallery

Re: Alcohol is pure stupidness in a bottle [Re: virus1824]
    #11082014 - 09/18/09 06:26 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

virus1824 said:

Almost everything could be considered a poison with high enough doses. With alcohol tho it Doesn't really matter how much you drink, its gonna do damage to your body.

Invisiblevirus1824
Mr Mushroom
Male User Gallery

#11082021 - 09/18/09 06:29 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Andre Nickatina said:
Quote:

virus1824 said:

Almost everything could be considered a poison with high enough doses. With alcohol tho it Doesn't really matter how much you drink, its gonna do damage to your body.

Scientific studies show that ingesting a glass of wine everyday has a positive effect on your veins, heart and works against blood clots.

--------------------

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

#11082037 - 09/18/09 06:38 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

virus1824 said:
Quote:

Andre Nickatina said:
Quote:

virus1824 said:

Scientific studies show that ingesting a glass of wine everyday has a positive effect on your veins, heart and works against blood clots.

werd... not to mention its effects on stress.

blindly posting erroneous 'facts' only gets you nowhere andre... unless you want to get yourself involuntarily ignored

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

OfflineAndre Nickatina
Smoov like water
 User Gallery

Re: Alcohol is pure stupidness in a bottle [Re: ManianFH]
    #11082054 - 09/18/09 06:46 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/mar/16/wine-breast-cancer-research

I wonder what it does to men...

http://www.bidmc.org/YourHealth/HolisticHealth/HealthMythsCenter.aspx?ChunkID=156987

So according to this study drinking one glass of wine can decrease the risk of CHD, so it decreases one problem but causes many others? It depletes your b vitamins, poisons your liver, dehydrates your body etc.

Also worth mentioning this study was done in france and the majority of the people in the study led a healthier life than the average person. Lets see them do this study with a bunch of americans, i can almost guarantee you end up with different results

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

#11082082 - 09/18/09 06:56 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

im just fuckin with you man ;p

but seriously theres nothing you could say thats going to make me stop drinking.. i thoroughly enjoy it, and enjoy beer probably over Every other liquid other than water. not going to stop drinking so it might, MIGHT, add a few years to my life once im old. hell my grandpap drank a beer every day into his 90's.. i think thats called enjoying life

but hey its different for all of us. I cant fucking stand weed... in fact I absolutely Loathe being high... but would never tell someone else who is enjoying it and not losing control of his or her life that I think its bad for them, or try and pass a law preventing them from using it.

Enjoy your strict teetotaler lifestyle though, more power to ya man, srsly..

--------------------

Invisiblevirus1824
Mr Mushroom
Male User Gallery

#11082088 - 09/18/09 06:57 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Andre Nickatina said:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/mar/16/wine-breast-cancer-research

I wonder what it does to men...

http://www.bidmc.org/YourHealth/HolisticHealth/HealthMythsCenter.aspx?ChunkID=156987

So according to this study drinking one glass of wine can decrease the risk of CHD, so it decreases one problem but causes many others? It depletes your b vitamins, poisons your liver, dehydrates your body etc.

Also worth mentioning this study was done in france and the majority of the people in the study led a healthier life than the average person. Lets see them do this study with a bunch of americans, i can almost guarantee you end up with different results

I know where you are coming from but that first guardian is just a bloated news article. it does not quote references or anything. it is not a valid source. like "we have a 9.5% chance of getting breast cancer before we are 75. Drinking every day raises that risk to 10.6%. " it does not say anything about the amounts what kind of drink and so on.

The second study indeed states more than one factor alone is responsible for better health. But i can argue than not every wine drinker enjoys a " Mediterranean-style diet" wine is cheap and as readily abused or used as any kind of alcohol.

The article ends with "The bottom line? If you don’t drink, don’t start. If you drink excessively, stop. And if you drink moderately, you may continue to raise your glass and proclaim…”to my health!”

like we said :smile:

--------------------

OfflineAndre Nickatina
Smoov like water
 User Gallery

#11082121 - 09/18/09 07:09 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

virus1824 said:

I know where you are coming from but that first guardian is just a bloated news article. it does not quote references or anything. it is not a valid source. like "we have a 9.5% chance of getting breast cancer before we are 75. Drinking every day raises that risk to 10.6%. " it does not say anything about the amounts what kind of drink and so on.

Can't find the direct study but its not just a bloated news article, directly quoted from article:
Quote:

It is the Million Women Study, run by some very senior scientists at Oxford University. In research, size really does matter - and this is the biggest project of its kind on the planet.

Quote:

the recent study which warned that even a small glass of wine a day increases a woman's risk of breast cancer

OfflineZep Tepi
Illuminated
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shamballa
    #11082127 - 09/18/09 07:12 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Legalize all drugs. If the people are stupid enough to drink, speed, do coke and destroy their lives let them. People will learn though example what is best physiologically for the body. The smart ones will only do things that expand awareness, instead of diminishing it.

--------------------
I felt like I was tricked. Having finally standing above everything. Looking down on life. The mystery is going to be reveled. One step at a time, on this path. Harmony...

OfflineAndre Nickatina
Smoov like water
 User Gallery

Re: Alcohol is pure stupidness in a bottle [Re: Zep Tepi]
    #11082128 - 09/18/09 07:13 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Invisiblevirus1824
Mr Mushroom
Male User Gallery

#11082131 - 09/18/09 07:15 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

the recent study which warned that even a small glass of wine a day increases a woman's risk of breast cancer

Yes but i put question marks on that statement. The study is so big and there are many more factors involved (this is said in your second article) to make a conclusive argument. and from 9.5% to 10.6% is neglible. You can argue what is better. drink a glass of wine everyday to help veins, heart and reduce the chance of blood clots. Or dont drink because you have a 1.1% higher chance of contracting breast cancer.

--------------------

OfflineRadar
Stranger

#11082135 - 09/18/09 07:17 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

virus1824 said:
Quote:

but you're a complete knob if you think alcohol should be illegal.

Please amuse me. Give me your arguments on what beneficial properties alcohol brings into our society.

I'll bite.

Alcohol is a social lubricant.  It allows people to drop their inhibitions and "walls" and interact more personally and directly.  In the business world it is MASSIVELY beneficial for getting deals done and relationships built.  In the social world it has paved the way for countless relationships.  Its a universal "vice" that allows people to take down their guard. Having a drink with someone, or better yet getting drunk with someone is instant bonding.  Its allowed me personally to spend time with congressmen, senators, movie producers, billionaires and people I would normally have had no access to. And it has helped tighten personal bonds for me many many times over the years.  So while you say there are many negatives to alcohol you are right - bad things sometimes do happen as a result of people drinking too much.  BUT to say there are no positives is idiotic. 

Its like banning fire because it burnt down your house.

--------------------
We have not even to risk the adventure alone, for the heroes of all time have gone before us — the labyrinth is thoroughly known. We have only to follow the thread of the hero path, and where we had thought to find an abomination, we shall find a god; where we had thought to slay another, we shall slay ourselves; where we had thought to travel outward, we shall come to the center of our own existence. And where we had thought to be alone, we shall be with all the world.

OfflineAndre Nickatina
Smoov like water
 User Gallery

Re: Alcohol is pure stupidness in a bottle [Re: Radar]
    #11082146 - 09/18/09 07:25 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Radar said:
Quote:

virus1824 said:
Quote:

but you're a complete knob if you think alcohol should be illegal.

Please amuse me. Give me your arguments on what beneficial properties alcohol brings into our society.

I'll bite.

Alcohol is a social lubricant.  It allows people to drop their inhibitions and "walls" and interact more personally and directly.  In the business world it is MASSIVELY beneficial for getting deals done and relationships built.  In the social world it has paved the way for countless relationships. 

O great one of these guys, this is why our culture is so fucked. Everyone needs a drink to be able to drop there inhibitions or not be a anxiety ridden retard. Heres an idea instead of using alcohol as a false sense of confidence why don't you grow a pair? I'm sure getting ass faced drunk and telling your boss to suck a dick is MASSIVELY beneficial...

OfflineZep Tepi
Illuminated
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shamballa
Re: Alcohol is pure stupidness in a bottle [Re: Zep Tepi]
    #11082165 - 09/18/09 07:33 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Obviously, the powers at hand only want us to drink and smoke cigarettes. They don't care about the average person. Anyone with half a brain knows this. Ok, next alcohol is not and will never be beneficial to the human body. It affects the frontal lobe of the cerebral cortex first. Taking out your ability make judgements and plans. It all goes downhill from that. Cannabis is a safer alternative. :gethigh:

--------------------
I felt like I was tricked. Having finally standing above everything. Looking down on life. The mystery is going to be reveled. One step at a time, on this path. Harmony...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale