Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChasawah
Stargazer
Male

Re: Are we all full of shit? [Re: the bizzle]
    #11073867 - 09/16/09 11:34 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

the bizzle said:
Quote:

BiG_StroOnZ said:
Quote:

Chasawah said:
Long time user, first time poster. Im 21 male, live in Florida. Hi.

First of all the original post has been taken and walked away from like the people who post the RE's are currently tripping on shrooms.

The underlying point in the guys message to me was "im tired of tree hugging loonies". Which I completely agree with, if you dont walk on the grass becasue your "so one with nature, man" then your a loon.

If you tripp thinking your going back to the same crazy place you went last time your also a loon. A tripp is unpredictable. Once you've done it a few times it can become GUIDEABLE but still unpredictable. To try and "return" to a holy or even meaningful "place" via tripping is illogical, even for a tripp. Its simply scrambled emotions and thoughts, music from your past can put you in your childhood house.. and on mushrooms that feeling can be 1000 time greater... giving you the IDEA of a fundamentaly groundbreaking occurance.

Having said that I have found myself "changed" as a result of inward reflection of ideas while tripping.... That may clear up some of the more "hippy" mindsets for the original poster....

Everyone who responded with eccesive MAN's or LIFE's in their post are case in point of this guys distain. He doenst dislike the drug he dislikes some of its more recognizable members, and what they "preach".

I'm sorry but this was the worst first post ever.

lol...yeah, I think the OP was coming more from an "It's all in your head" angle

I think I said the same thing... maybe it came off differently? explain your slanderous remarks :thumbdown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBiG_StroOnZ
Male User Gallery

Re: Are we all full of shit? [Re: Chasawah]
    #11073890 - 09/16/09 11:37 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Chasawah said:
Quote:

the bizzle said:
Quote:

BiG_StroOnZ said:
Quote:

Chasawah said:
Long time user, first time poster. Im 21 male, live in Florida. Hi.

First of all the original post has been taken and walked away from like the people who post the RE's are currently tripping on shrooms.

The underlying point in the guys message to me was "im tired of tree hugging loonies". Which I completely agree with, if you dont walk on the grass becasue your "so one with nature, man" then your a loon.

If you tripp thinking your going back to the same crazy place you went last time your also a loon. A tripp is unpredictable. Once you've done it a few times it can become GUIDEABLE but still unpredictable. To try and "return" to a holy or even meaningful "place" via tripping is illogical, even for a tripp. Its simply scrambled emotions and thoughts, music from your past can put you in your childhood house.. and on mushrooms that feeling can be 1000 time greater... giving you the IDEA of a fundamentaly groundbreaking occurance.

Having said that I have found myself "changed" as a result of inward reflection of ideas while tripping.... That may clear up some of the more "hippy" mindsets for the original poster....

Everyone who responded with eccesive MAN's or LIFE's in their post are case in point of this guys distain. He doenst dislike the drug he dislikes some of its more recognizable members, and what they "preach".

I'm sorry but this was the worst first post ever.

lol...yeah, I think the OP was coming more from an "It's all in your head" angle

I think I said the same thing... maybe it came off differently? explain your slanderous remarks :thumbdown:

"Our slanderous remarks?"

InvisibleFunkMasterShroom
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Are we all full of shit? [Re: FunkMasterShroom]
    #11073925 - 09/16/09 11:42 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Wowee..
Well..

Experimenting potentially with arsenic..
How would anyone know otherwise, unless someone did it..
Either way..
only the individual can say weither or not the substance is being benificial to themselves or not.. If it happens to kill them, well, the rest of the individuals can calculate that into their equasion of the substance..

When would we know to stop?
And when would we know to continue?

My point in the creation experienceing creation, is that someone had to eat the arsenic before we could figure out it was bad..

Now we can study things with previous knowledge gained, and even get a better idea if it's bad before hand or not.. (like the shroomery for example, for a person who hasnt tried mushrooms)

I'm with shad0w on this, when it becomes apparent that the whole mushroom experience, is 'bad' and will ultimately lead us into oblivion, then we'd most likely stop.
Say it already has been turning us to oblivion (for thousands of years as it were), then what the hell? is there any chance of stopping it now, even if we did stop using?

anyway, I was thinkin the OP was trying to get some convo/discussion going in any regards to if psychs are making sense or not..

my original point still being, It's up to the individual to try it and decide for themselves.
Happyness is basically the soul goal we're all after.. And that is exactly what we are all trying to figure out.. And if anything, an awareness that everyone's gotta be included in on it, or it just won't be completly genuine.. but alas, this is a conclusion i've reached, due indeed to psychadelic use.

--------------------
Why did the chicken cross the road?
To get to the other side.

"Adapt.
Adjust.
Accommodate."

"Professional help is being thought." - Bill Hicks

It would be hilarious... if it wasn't so sad...

Stranger
Male User Gallery

#11073942 - 09/16/09 11:45 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

But ultimately, it's Love that drives me and this view. And i never had to try any psychadelic, to realize Love.. maybe just how to apply it better. With a practical, progressive observations in response from the environment.

--------------------

"Adapt.
Adjust.
Accommodate."

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Are we all full of shit? [Re: joemolloy]
    #11073968 - 09/16/09 11:48 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:
You ever get the idea that we're all just fucking fooling ourselves with this shit?  There is no plant teacher, no peak behind the curtains of reality, we're just getting high and feeling good.  Maybe psychedelics just scramble our senses and we make connections where there are none.  We imagine meaning and create an enlightened framework as themes for our trips when they are just really bullshit. 

We pretend the plants have a spirit and we need to treat them with respect, when the reality is that we are deluding ourselves with nonsense.  It is like we're trading Christianity in for another set of lies.

Is it because of cultural myths that there is this psychedelic allure?  What if this website and folklore preached the visionary powers of crack cocaine or meth, would there be countless posters telling us how these chemicals taught them something profound and opened their minds to new ways of perceiving the world?

i totally agree with that whne it comes to smoking dmt its not a plant teacher ayahuasca is tho

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineChasawah
Stargazer
Male

Re: Are we all full of shit? [Re: thedudenj]
    #11074001 - 09/16/09 11:52 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

"Worst first post ever"

Elaborate please.

InvisibleBiG_StroOnZ
Male User Gallery

#11074110 - 09/17/09 12:13 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Chasawah said:
"Worst first post ever"

Elaborate please.

Read what you said, the pretentiousness is pretty apparent.

Stranger
Male User Gallery

#11074127 - 09/17/09 12:15 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

"Elaborate please.  "

Chansawah, yo, i'm 23, m, and live in south BC.
i can't speak for BiG_StroOnZ, though it sounds to me like you're saying that "plant teacher", "peak behind the curtains of reality," and "the plants have a spirit and we need to treat them with respect" tpye experiences/beliefes and creating meaning from those and similar ideas, means you're a "tree hugging loonie"..?

Otherwise, I agree that trips are unpredictable, and with experience can be guided, and in trying to -expand and explore- further into any Mystical or Profound experiences you may have had, is nothing short of a great idea. Whihc indeed, would mean trying to 'return' to the some same meaningful experience/place seems redundant..(that's addiction)
and listening to music, and returning to your childhood on mushrooms, and having it be a 1000 times more vivid, then is that just an idea of a fundamentaly groundbreaking occurance? cause having an idea like that sure sounds fundamentaly groundbreaking..

and "He doenst dislike the drug he dislikes some of its more recognizable members, and what they "preach"."

mayhaps your speaking for yourself?

--------------------

"Adapt.
Adjust.
Accommodate."

OfflineChasawah
Stargazer
Male

#11074196 - 09/17/09 12:28 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

FunkMasterShroom said:
"Elaborate please.  "

Chansawah, yo, i'm 23, m, and live in south BC.
i can't speak for BiG_StroOnZ, though it sounds to me like you're saying that "plant teacher", "peak behind the curtains of reality," and "the plants have a spirit and we need to treat them with respect" tpye experiences/beliefes and creating meaning from those and similar ideas, means you're a "tree hugging loonie"..?

Otherwise, I agree that trips are unpredictable, and with experience can be guided, and in trying to -expand and explore- further into any Mystical or Profound experiences you may have had, is nothing short of a great idea. Whihc indeed, would mean trying to 'return' to the some same meaningful experience/place seems redundant..(that's addiction)
and listening to music, and returning to your childhood on mushrooms, and having it be a 1000 times more vivid, then is that just an idea of a fundamentaly groundbreaking occurance? cause having an idea like that sure sounds fundamentaly groundbreaking..

and "He doenst dislike the drug he dislikes some of its more recognizable members, and what they "preach"."

mayhaps your speaking for yourself?

I can work with this... I myself do not like the fanatical "tree huggers". So no thats not me. Your first "paragraph" kinda explains my thoughts to the T though.

And I was kindof making a 3rd party assesment on the whole thread, not just his one post. The reference to nestalgia via music was simply a cognition comment and lead to the references to "viel of reality" its emotions and things that ARE in your head already, just altered, a blue ball and a tree, make a blue tree while tripping.... In a round about way.

You wont go to "heaven" unless you have a preconseved notion of it, if you have the notion already then your mind can wander, under guidence, to find a new "reality" or just understanding, or light in a dark confusion of your "altered" cognition.

Im not the easyest person to understand.

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
    #11074216 - 09/17/09 12:32 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Chasawah said:
You wont go to "heaven" unless you have a preconseved notion of it, if you have the notion already then your mind can wander, under guidence, to find a new "reality" or just understanding, or light in a dark confusion of your "altered" cognition.

My friends got me to smoke weed. I was reluctant, thinking it was some evil drug. I had the most important experience of my life, and it had absolutely nothing to do with my friends, and nothing to do with what was already in my head, aside from maybe unlocking some innate perceptions, though ones I NEVER could have imagined.

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

InvisibleBiG_StroOnZ
Male User Gallery

#11074250 - 09/17/09 12:38 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Chasawah said:

Im not the easyest  person to understand.

OfflineChasawah
Stargazer
Male

Re: Are we all full of shit? [Re: BiG_StroOnZ]
    #11074290 - 09/17/09 12:45 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Would you prefer I say you wont go to the "field" unless? it was the idea of a visual place you may not have already been but could create via previous knowlage.

and do a roflcopter next time... lolcano... really

And Bizzle, what are you saying exactly? A drug altered your perception?

InvisibleBiG_StroOnZ
Male User Gallery

#11074301 - 09/17/09 12:47 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Chasawah said:
Would you prefer I say you wont go to the "field" unless? it was the idea of a visual place you may not have already been but could create via previous knowlage.

No, the real question is, WHAT ARE YOU SAYING EXACTLY?

All this rabble about heaven, and fields, tree hugging loons... wtf man?

OfflineMoronicus
smokehousebacon.
Male

#11074307 - 09/17/09 12:48 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I'm full of shit, especially when i smoke a blunt and then go to hometown buffet.

--------------------

BACON RANCH, FUCK YEAH

A post about m00nshine

Anonymous #6 said:
Yes, it is. The shine stands for his job title, which is Shoe Shiner, the moon stands for the time he comes out to be a nigger, which is best suited for the negroid camouflage.

OfflineChasawah
Stargazer
Male

#11074357 - 09/17/09 12:58 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

BiG_StroOnZ said:
Quote:

Chasawah said:

No, the real question is, WHAT ARE YOU SAYING EXACTLY?

All this rabble about heaven, and fields, tree hugging loons... wtf man?

I give up, that trumped anything I had.:confused:

OfflineThe Centre
I am
Male User Gallery

#11074386 - 09/17/09 01:03 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I have just one question, if this IS just an hallucination, WHERE THE HECK IS IT COMING FROM? A molecule can't hold THAT! I mean, we are talking about seeing more art of better quality than the entire human race has ever produced, IN 10 MINUTES! This requires some looking in to, weather it is just "getting high" or not. Maby the very point of life is to get high? I don't know, but this deserves some inquiry...

OfflineThisfire
Chiller
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
Re: Are we all full of shit? [Re: The Centre]
    #11074550 - 09/17/09 01:37 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Mushrooms grant some intense thoughts, but I really wish people would stop relating the experience to religion.
Because that contradicts exactly what shrooms does.
Shrooms increases the amount of thinking you do.
Religion generally doesn't want you to think too much.

--------------------

Let your imagination fill in the blanks.
Weed, Salvia, DXM, MDMA, Speed, Azures, Cubes, Nitrous, DMT, LSD /, Peyote, Ayahuasca

Edited by Thisfire (09/17/09 01:50 AM)

OfflineSaucy
Psychonaut
Male

Re: Are we all full of shit? [Re: Thisfire]
    #11074586 - 09/17/09 01:45 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

"There is a myth about such highs. The user has an illusion of great insight, but it does not survive scrutiny in the morning. I am convinced that this is an error, and that the devastating insights achieved while high are real insights; the main problem is putting these insights in a form acceptable to the quite different self we are when we're down the next day"

-Carl Sagan

--------------------
Load Universe Into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.

OfflineThisfire
Chiller
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
Re: Are we all full of shit? [Re: Saucy]
    #11074598 - 09/17/09 01:48 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Carl Sagan is a person I wish would be my mentor.
Its a huge shame he is no longer living. =(

I watched his show last night while tripping. It was absolutely amazing.

--------------------

Let your imagination fill in the blanks.
Weed, Salvia, DXM, MDMA, Speed, Azures, Cubes, Nitrous, DMT, LSD /, Peyote, Ayahuasca

Edited by Thisfire (09/17/09 01:49 AM)

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Bowels of Canada
Re: Are we all full of shit? [Re: joemolloy]
    #11074623 - 09/17/09 01:54 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:
The effect of drugs is heavily influenced by your society and culture.  Sure there are physiological effects that are similar across the board, but our interpretation of the drug's impact on us is learned.  Reading sites like this, listening to Terence Mckenna, devouring books by psychedelic authors all influences our trips.  You know that these drugs were used in healing ceremonies so that adds to the mystical appeal.

If I think the Bible is bullshit, then I need to apply the same critical thinking to psychedelics.  I've gone deep into DMT land with an open mind and heart, but at the end of the day, I think that it is just an interesting drug with euphoric benefits intermingled with exhaustive moments.

nope...

I started doing psychedelics to get fucked up, then all of a sudden I started having deep revelations and insights, as well as very 'spiritual' experiences... I was a die hard un-spiritual hard head when I started doing them, there was absolutely no knowledge of them being used for anything other than getting fucked up in my mind... that changed pretty quick, my buddies started having the same type of experiences, then I started reading about spirituality and things of that sort and started validating a lot of these experiences.

this was long before I ever heard of mckenna or anyone like that... hell, I didn't even know who leary was really...

--------------------
Nothing is true, everything is permissible.

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract