Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineolywaguy47
SalviAdvocate

Loc: Olympia, WA
Help with ID please?
    #1105747 - 12/02/02 10:32 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I live in Puget Sound, and there's lots of mushrooms around here... picked some today an am wondering if they might be Cubensis? Got them in a mixed-woods old growth forest in a watershed area. They were growing in the fallen leaves, sometimes 2 or 3 fairly close together. I started them drying before I thought to make a spore print, though... but the gills were a real dark blueish-purple, almost black color. Being pretty new to picking anything but the local 'Liberty Caps', thought it might be a good idea to see if I could get some help figuring out what they were before trying some! My digital camera is real crappy, but I did take some pictures that may or may not be of any help. I put them on another webpage, and if anyone would like to mosey over there and give me an opinion, I'd appreciate it. The pics are at: Mushroom pics[/url] http://pub10.bravenet.com/photocenter/album.php?usernum=856585379

Thanks!

--------------------
Got Salvia? E-mail me, or visit website to Just Say Once To Salvia -- it's legal, unique, and Out Of This World!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: Help with ID please? [Re: olywaguy47]
    #1105865 - 12/02/02 11:08 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I really don't think they are cubensis
Try the Mushroom Hunting forum

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Help with ID please? [Re: olywaguy47]
    #1106519 - 12/03/02 08:11 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Come on now man.  Had you done any research whatsoever on the subject you'd realize that no cubes grow up here in the wild.  Instead of wasting your time looking for species that don't grow here, I suggest you do some reading and find out what does (many other species do, including the lib caps you mentioned) and how to ID them.  There are a number of web sites on the subject but a good field guide is invaluable.  Psilocybin Mushrooms of the World by Paul Stamets covers all the known species that grow up here and more.  Read up, then maybe go out hunting.  No offense, but doing otherwise is pretty much inexcusable IMO.  Not to mention the fact that you likely wont find anything good with that approach, or even know if you do.

DH

Edit:  They look somewhat like Stropharia ambigua, but it's hard to tell from pics of dried specimens.  Your descriptions fit that species also though.  Not active, but common and related to the Psilocybes.  Props on your site, your intentions are admirable.  Good luck hunting, just read up first, it'll make your hunts much more successful :smile: .

Edited by DethHed (12/03/02 08:49 AM)

Offlineolywaguy47
SalviAdvocate

Loc: Olympia, WA
Re: Help with ID please? [Re: spores]
    #1107903 - 12/03/02 06:03 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Ok -- will do my homework some more, and hopefully it's not too late to find some really fine mushrooms before it gets too late in the season. Thanks for the encouragement and tips.

--------------------
Got Salvia? E-mail me, or visit website to Just Say Once To Salvia -- it's legal, unique, and Out Of This World!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck