Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemushroomhunter10
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: My First Shotgun Terrarium {{w/ PIX}} [Re: DAY.tripper]
    #11065480 - 09/15/09 06:09 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

If your perlite is dripping, it's too wet.

And yes, the bottom holes are required for a shotgun FC to work at its maximum effectiveness.

--------------------
Imagine if you needed it and it wasn't there... GIVE BLOOD
Get a free (PAINLESS) bone marrow testing kit and help save lives HERE.
Jesus if you're reading this, please come back already. We need you now more than ever!
The U.S. Constitution!

Best WBS Tek
EZ Potato-Honey Agar Tek
MY TRADES

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleanonjon
Partially Right

Re: My First Shotgun Terrarium {{w/ PIX}} [Re: Dudester67]
    #11066162 - 09/15/09 08:26 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Dudester67 said:

anonjon what's with the bad vibes?  Golden student is right, that hygrometer is junk.  An RH reading that is 9% off is unacceptable.

That dude never has anything constructive to say. A hygrometer is hardly even necessary. If you have a crappy one that reads 90 when your perlite is nice and wet, then it'll suffice. Cuz when it drops to 89 or lower you know you should get in there and mist it down real good. Just because it doesn't have a calibration screw, doesn't mean you can't calibrate your readings. An analog hygrometer is basically just a hair hooked up to a pulley and some gears.

--------------------
The above post is fictional, hypothetical, or downright nonsensical.

:moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:    :moon:

OfflineProject
Ride the Spiral

Re: My First Shotgun Terrarium {{w/ PIX}} [Re: Nuzzle]
    #11066222 - 09/15/09 08:36 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Nuzzle said:
Ehhh, Your perlite will stay damp enough for maybe a month... after that you should re-wet it... I grew steady for a month with my perlite before it dried out, and I misted every day.
One suggestion, don't drill holes on the bottom, like underneath... I did that in mine like the video said, and I regretted it.
Made such a damn mess... But live and learn. :smile:
Also, something to consider, I would mix some peroxide in with the water that you used to hydrate your perlite. I made sure to do that just to prevent any contams that might somehow find there way in there. :wink:
My only other bit of advice is be as sterile as possible when knocking up your jars... I use a glove box, and have yet to come across any major contams. :wink:

GOOD LUCK MAN! =)

The holes in the bottom are important.  If you remove them, you defeat the purpose of the shotgun FC.  Promise.

Offlinetall dwarf
Strange
Re: My First Shotgun Terrarium {{w/ PIX}} [Re: anonjon]
    #11067658 - 09/16/09 12:54 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

anonjon said:
Golden student is a bitter asshole and should be disregarded at all times.

Yikes.  Someone needs to clean the sand out of their vagina.
Quote:

anonjon said:
That dude never has anything constructive to say.

Are you serious?  There was ONE TIME that I told someone (who wasn't even serious about growing) to use the search function, and I even apologized for it.
anonjon = uncool.

Invisibledancefloordale
Research Assistant

#11067863 - 09/16/09 01:59 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Im sure it is adjustable. Try looking under the velcro backing.

Also, did you check the accuracy before you started using it?
(Damp paper towel)

--------------------
Everything posted by the user dancefloordale, aside from what is written in this here clause is completely and utterly fictitious, despite any information read (or seen), above (or below) that might lead you to believe otherwise.

Hydra Tek - A detailed guide, for newest to the most skilled cultivators.

HCA

Bulk growing made easy-discussion
Bulk Growing Made Easy

Invisibleanonjon
Partially Right

Re: My First Shotgun Terrarium {{w/ PIX}} [Re: tall dwarf]
    #11069070 - 09/16/09 09:57 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Golden_Student said:
Are you serious?

I believe you referred to me as 'a noob idiot helping a noob idiot'. You are fond of blanket statements and remarks like 'You will clearly fail.'; 'A good plan for you is to stop posting and start reading'. When you have advice, it's generally a repetition of something someone else said, but with more sarcasm and attitude.

Yet you yourself are a noob who has yet to accomplish anything impressive. I believe the last thing you attempted were some failed hpoo cakes.

So, yes, I'm serious. Disregard this guy, or rate him poorly.

--------------------
The above post is fictional, hypothetical, or downright nonsensical.

:moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:    :moon:

Offlinetall dwarf
Strange
Re: My First Shotgun Terrarium {{w/ PIX}} [Re: anonjon]
    #11069549 - 09/16/09 11:28 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Wow, this guys really got it in for me.  If anyone cares, here is the one thread where I was kind of a dick:  http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11002885.&nbsp; And that person WAS going to fail.

Quote:

anonjon said:
I believe the last thing you attempted were some failed hpoo cakes.

Jeez... this guy is stalking me and reading all of my posts.  I've actually had many good grows but it's when things go badly that I post on here looking for help.  In fact I only created this account when I tried bulk for the first time and it didn't go well.  But 99% of my posts on this site are very serious and constructive.
And by the way I only called you a 'noob idiot' AFTER you called me a jackass and gave me a 0 rating.  Clearly you need to grow some thicker skin and/or a pair of testes.  Whatever you do, stop picking fights with me out of thin air.  I've only been on the forums for a few months and you are the only pain in the ass I've encountered.

To the rest of the community: please forgive me for partaking in this drama but this guy sucks and I had to respond.  I won't anymore.

OfflineDAY.tripper
Happiness is a Warm Gun
Female User Gallery

Loc: in the land of submarines
Re: My First Shotgun Terrarium {{w/ PIX}} [Re: tall dwarf]
    #11070693 - 09/16/09 02:41 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

wow seriously?!  are you guys really starting drama in my thread??

i mean what is the point of this...if you two have a problem with each other take it to
PMs.  i really didn't think my thread would have started sucha bitch fest.  i mean i read
what Golden_Student had to say and it's not like i took offense to it...hell i didn't even
care.  i'm going to still use the hygrometer regardless of what he said.  and anonjon, i
get that this guy rubbed you the wrong way but you didn't have to fight your battle in
here.  this thread was suppose to be helping others not start a fight between members. 
REALLY there was no need for trash talk.  seriously, all of this could have been said
outside of this thread.

that's all i have to say on the matter...

--------------------
Pepperland is a tickle of joy on the blue belly of the universe. It must be scratched.

Offlinesixsystemz
neo
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over here!!
    #11192565 - 10/06/09 09:48 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Looks like a good set up. Good luck with your cakes!

--------------------
A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be. -Albert Einstein

OfflineVictoriaPandora
Slave to the Search
Female User Gallery

Loc: Middle of Nowhere
Re: My First Shotgun Terrarium {{w/ PIX}} [Re: sixsystemz]
    #11192658 - 10/06/09 10:12 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

If I were you I'd wait a while to put the perlite in. If you don't even have your syringe yet it's gonna be a while before you need your FC. No reason to have it sitting there wet for so long.
Hold out and prepare it fresh when your cakes are ready.

I wouldn't put any peroxide on the perlite either, I don't see why that would be necessary.
Good luck!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder