Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletruskool
WTF?? FTW!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: myc growing through dry verm layer or contam [Re: 13shrooms]
    #11043184 - 09/11/09 09:58 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

13shrooms said:
I wouldnt, I would mist the infested area with 3% peroxide, most bottles are sold at that percentage ready to use.:thumbup:

dunking your whole cake... I wouldn't think its very good (since mushies have most the same pathogens we do) I wouldn't want to consume peroxide.:shrug:

OK but this will kill the cobweb?  I use 3%peroxide watered down to 10:1 in mycology projects all the time.  It is used for edibles all the time.

--------------------
Ask  AMU    for    the  best    mycology    advice  out  there

Roll it :burnone:While I troll it.  :maximumtrolling:

I don't mean to boast, but dam if I don't brag.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
Re: myc growing through dry verm layer or contam [Re: truskool]
    #11043247 - 09/11/09 10:08 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

yeah it should kill cobweb but I would limit the dunk time and not the full 24hours. 
maybe 1 hour peroxide bath then finish the 23 hours in reg water.:stoned: 

Im not a fan of using peroxide for anything:shrug:

13:mushroom2:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
    #11043290 - 09/11/09 10:15 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

here this should make you feel better:tongue2:

Quote:

DISINFECTANT

*Vinegar and Hydrogen Peroxide as Disinfectants
By Judy Stouffer, B.S., M.S., SFO
You can make your kitchen a cleaner, safer place and fight bacteria, without exposing yourself and your family to toxic chemicals that also damage the environment. You can use a simple safe disinfecting spray that is more effective than any of the commercial cleaners in killing bacteria. As a bonus, it is inexpensive!
Susan Sumner, a food scientist at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, worked out the recipe for just such a sanitizing combo. All you need is three percent hydrogen peroxide, the same strength available at the drug store for gargling or disinfecting wounds, and plain white or apple cider vinegar, and a pair of brand new clean sprayers, like the kind you use to dampen laundry before ironing.
If you're cleaning vegetables or fruit, just sprits them well first with both the vinegar and the hydrogen peroxide, and then rinse them off under running water.
It doesn't matter which you use first - you can spray with the vinegar then the hydrogen peroxide, or with the hydrogen peroxide followed by the vinegar. You won't get any lingering taste of vinegar or hydrogen peroxide, and neither is toxic to you if a small amount remains on the produce.
As a bonus: The paired sprays work exceptionally well in sanitizing counters and other food preparation surfaces -- including wood cutting boards.
In tests run at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, pairing the two mists killed virtually all Salmonella, Shigella, or E. coli bacteria on heavily contaminated food and surfaces when used in this fashion, making this spray combination more effective at killing these potentially lethal bacteria than chlorine bleach or any commercially available kitchen cleaner.
The best results came from using one mist right after the other - it is 10 times more effective than using either spray by itself and more effective than mixing the vinegar and hydrogen peroxide in one sprayer.
Science News August 8, 1998; Vol. 154, Issue. 6; pg. 83-85 DISINFECTANT SCIENCE

*Best cheapest sanitizing agent I have found is one mist bottle full of white vinegar, another mist bottle full of H202.
Spray one on, wait a minute, spray other on, wait a minute, wipe down with clean paper towels (doesn’t matter which is sprayed on - first).
That combo will KILL...E-Coli, Salmonella, Aids & host of almost all other nasty stuff, including mold spores.
Just prior to using any tray, or container -- alc swab with 70% alc & allow to evap. 70% alc is MORE EFFECTIVE, as evap time is longer than higher % alc. SANITIZING STERILIZER

*Sanitize means to reduce the number of contaminants to a safe or relatively safe level as may be judged by public health requirements.
Disinfect means elimination of all recognized pathogenic microorganism but not necessarily all microbial forms.
Sterilize means the destruction of all microbial life by use of chemical or physical procedures.  DISINFECTANTS

*White vinegar in one spray bottle. 3% peroxide in another spray bottle. Spray one on, give it a moment, spray the other on, give it a few moments.... then wipe down with clean cloth. Cheap & effective to disinfect anything. DISINFECTANT CHEAP

*ALSO Buying in bulk bottles, then filling a spray mist bottle, is a LOT cheaper than buying Lysol in spray cans. Agar is FRUGAL. SANITIZING STERILIZER

I might make the switch:shrug:

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

Invisibletruskool
WTF?? FTW!!
Male User Gallery

#11043326 - 09/11/09 10:22 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

thats the article that made me switch to using peroxide

--------------------

Invisiblefeelfunny
I am you
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: South
    #11043347 - 09/11/09 10:27 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

me too

--------------------
IF A CAT AND DOG CAN GET ALONG WHY CANT EVERYONE ELSE?
If the sky is falling, don't look up!  :abduction:

Feel Family Founder. :pm: me if you are tired of hearing, "Use the search function".

Invisibletruskool
WTF?? FTW!!
Male User Gallery

Re: myc growing through dry verm layer or contam [Re: feelfunny]
    #11043383 - 09/11/09 10:33 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

great minds think alike

--------------------

Offlinenightshd
Stranger

#11051372 - 09/13/09 11:43 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

so an update, theyre all dunked and rolled so i hope it isnt some kind of mold. i have another jar that i didnt birth that has the same thing, and it bruises blue, so i hope thats a good sign?

Invisiblefeelfunny
I am you
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: South
Re: myc growing through dry verm layer or contam [Re: nightshd]
    #11051412 - 09/13/09 11:54 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

very good sign. a pic would help though. good luck

--------------------
IF A CAT AND DOG CAN GET ALONG WHY CANT EVERYONE ELSE?
If the sky is falling, don't look up!  :abduction:

Feel Family Founder. :pm: me if you are tired of hearing, "Use the search function".

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale