Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Shrooms, orgies, and ancient man
    #1104088 - 12/02/02 03:32 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Ok,

So as I understand Terrence Mckenna's theories on prehistoric humans, we all used to eat mushrooms really regularly, then have big orgies, and the children produced would be the tribe's children rather than being "owned" by a father and mother. In this model everybody worships goddesses because they believe that women miraculously produce children and men serve simply to help the women continue in their holy quest of popping out kids. Mushrooms are essential to this lifestyle because they constantly break down barriers among everyone and so nobody has a problem jumping on eachother and having orgiastic sex, for example.

I have some disagreements with this theory but maybe I'm just trying to protect myself because I feel threatened by this theory. Maybe I'm just scared that this is the truth because although we would all be much happier living like this, it would relieve me of my "domination" I have over my personal kingdom (money, girlfriend etc.).

If we all ate mushrooms once every 10 days then would we all be permanently empathic with eachother? Would animosity dissolve between enemies? or maybe enemies would never form in a population who'd been eating mushrooms since the age of 10 or 11. Would women not carefully select breeding partners? Wouldn't the clarity of mind and understanding of nature accompanying mushroom trips bring on epiphanies shedding light on the process of birthing children? Are mushrooms really for everybody?

thoughts anyone?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinepsilocybinist
Re: Shrooms, orgies, and ancient man [Re: Dogomush]
    #1104113 - 12/02/02 03:40 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

As far as mushrooms being for everyone, I really don't know the answer to that but I feel everyone should have some psychedelic experiences. The only reason people don't use psychedelics are because they are too afraid to explore their minds or all the governments propaganda has made them think that they are evil.

OfflineMetasyn
one

#1104382 - 12/02/02 05:18 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I don't think mushrooms in any way definitively support an orgiastic sexual lifestyle. Mushrooms will bring out what lies beneath. When I trip I don't want to have sex with anybody but my girlfriend, and the very thought of orgies makes me almost squeamish. However, a more sexually adventuresome person may react differently.

And I don't think mushrooms are necessary for an orgiastic society - for instance there is a species of ape called bonobo monkeys (similar to chimpanzees) whose sexual behavior is similar to what you described. They have sex seemingly indiscriminantly, quite frequently, and with great diversity and variation.

Personally, I think the key to living in an empathic, loving world has to do with the cultural framework we live in. Today we live in a competitive, materialistic society, so the values most people live by come as no surprise. A culture that valued nature, beauty, creativity, and love would be an altogether different story. Mushrooms can help access these type of ideas and bring one out of the prevailing mythology one has accumulated over the course of one's upbringing, but it is certainly not necessarily to regularly ingest psychedelics to maintain these values. Mushrooms may help some, but they can be of no use to others and for some it may even be detrimental (I have seen cases of all three).

Offlinepsilocybinist
Re: Shrooms, orgies, and ancient man [Re: Metasyn]
    #1104547 - 12/02/02 06:15 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

excellent post Metasyn :smile: 

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
    #1104553 - 12/02/02 06:18 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

word up

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #1104554 - 12/02/02 06:18 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I beleive he was referring to primitive times.

Offlinepsilocybinist
Re: Shrooms, orgies, and ancient man [Re: Earth_Droid]
    #1104623 - 12/02/02 06:40 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I think metasyn really hit the nail on the head with that third paragraph :wink: 

Edited by psilocybinist (12/02/02 06:40 PM)

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #1105045 - 12/02/02 09:05 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Mushrooms can produce a heightened sexual awareness and loss of inhibition and this has been documented in pagan histories in Germany with the use of Panaeolus Subbalt. This mushroom is widely claimed to provide aphrodiasic-type effects when injested and this is believed by many occult and pagan practioners throughout Europe. It has been used to promote sexual activities during sexual rites.
A close friend of mine when intoxicated by psilocybe mushrooms will often claim that he feels the rampant desire to have sex with anyone (always a worry imo!), and I too have found that they have made me quite horny many times - just ask my girlfriend.
However, LSD is in my opinion the most sexual liberating substance ive encountered.
LSDs connection with orgiastic behaviour is well documented. Examples include Charles Manson's family, etc. And from personal experience ive seen groups of strangers do partner swaps right in front of me and have had a guy I barely know ask me to have sex with his girlfriend (I declined due to suspicious thoughts that he was 'testing me')

--------------------

OfflinePerfactParadox
regnarts
Re: Shrooms, orgies, and ancient man [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1105069 - 12/02/02 09:15 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

If everyone was tripping on shrooms at the same time. What would happen if one person started having a bad trip. It would probably result in another person having a bad trip. You can see where im going with this.

All i see is mass hystaria and confusion. Perhaps you should be a little more specific on how this would be done. Mabey have half the people trip and half be trip sitters? or mabey 1/3 trip and 2/3 trip sit. Hmmm even then i could see problems. Revise this and mabey it would work. My personal opinion is that it would not help us in any way.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Terrence McKenna

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology