Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedisturbed
Poutine andSodomy
Male User Gallery

Loc: O-H-I-O
bout to birth few ?'s
    #1103693 - 12/02/02 01:08 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

alright got a few questions b4 i'm actually ready to throw my cakes in the fruiting chamber (got a few questions about the fruiting chamber too)...

10 of my 12 cakes colonized perfectly (creeper) but 2 of them have trich i think (both in very small spots and just starting to show up, i think i left them in to long and the got it b/c of condensation inside the jar)... 1 of the jars is totally colonized and the other jar has been like 95% colonized for a LONG time (think i might just give up on this one) and it just wont finish up...

any way my question is what success have you guys had tryin to doctor infected cakes? this is my first grow, and i rather just lose 1 cake than have all my others infected by trich if it isn't that successful.... Just looking for thoughts on what i should do w/these cakes...

my other question is about the fruiting chamber, i've got the sealed sterlite, and the perlite, but i'm unclear how you want to mix the perlite/water... i read that you wanna use 2" of perlite, and 2" of water, but do you mix that together b4 you put it in, do you want to let the water get soaked up, and do u drain the excess out? (hopefully some one can steer me in the right direction here b/c i need to birth tonight lol)

thanks alot

--------------------

11/25/07 first time entrant ban lottery champion

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFred Garvin
Male Prostitute
Loc: The northern part of sout...
Re: bout to birth few ?'s [Re: disturbed]
    #1103727 - 12/02/02 01:18 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

In my opinion, messing around with contaminated cakes is a bad idea. If you do, cut out the contam with a sterilized knife, and birth them into a separate fruiting chamber, so you don't risk spreading contams to your healthy cakes.

As far as the perlite question, I wet the perlite with h2o/h2o2 (10:1) until its saturated and fairly well drained, then spread it out on the bottom of my rubbermaid container to a depth of approximately two inches. I add a little more water to get about a 1/4" of water on the bottom. I haven't had any problems with this method yet.

--------------------

The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

Offlinedisturbed
Poutine andSodomy
Male User Gallery

Loc: O-H-I-O
Re: bout to birth few ?'s [Re: Fred Garvin]
    #1104142 - 12/02/02 03:49 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

does anyone have a pic of a bruised cake and a cake with trich? i think i may have dropped this jar and i might be mistaking it for trich, cause it isn't that green looking...

--------------------

11/25/07 first time entrant ban lottery champion

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Re: bout to birth few ?'s [Re: disturbed]
    #1104164 - 12/02/02 03:56 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

trich is actually white and the green part are the spores of it. some people say if u go outdoor with contam cakes nature will fix it most likely. also try moving to contam forum u might get more help there.

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation