Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: I can only fully enjoy/appreciate music when I'm high on ecstasy... [Re: Neuron]
    #11039732 - 09/11/09 10:54 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

:lol:, thanks for reading the entire thread! :robblerobble:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Loc: off the wall
Re: I can only fully enjoy/appreciate music when I'm high on ecstasy... [Re: Poid]
    #11039744 - 09/11/09 10:56 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

judging from the music you've posted in other threads, i'd be bored of it too

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I can only fully enjoy/appreciate music when I'm high on ecstasy... [Re: deranger]
    #11039755 - 09/11/09 10:58 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

:lol:

Underground music is the shit, brah!  :wook:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: lost in nothing Flag
Re: I can only fully enjoy/appreciate music when I'm high on ecstasy... [Re: Poid]
    #11039855 - 09/11/09 11:13 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

music is the only thing i fully appreciate sober or fucked up.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I can only fully enjoy/appreciate music when I'm high on ecstasy... [Re: zSDMF]
    #11039878 - 09/11/09 11:17 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Right...

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11039917 - 09/11/09 11:22 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

you want some paragraphs or something?  the only thing i have to comment on as far as what you said (granted i have not read the whole thread) is i cannot fathom how someone would need pills to appreciate music.

music is really the only thing that truly makes me happy.  i don't care if i'm feeling country with the hank williams family or metal with dimebag darrell its the only thing worth 2 shits in life imo.  music touches me like nothing else.  music can bring out the best or worst emotions in me.  it's definitely my little hideaway in life.  without it i don't know what i'd be like or what i'd be doing or if I would have even lived this long.

honestly i feel horrible for you if you need to be fucked up to listen to music.

InvisibleLobsterSauceDiscord
 User Gallery

#11039933 - 09/11/09 11:26 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Give me 10 artists that 'do' it for you. I'll try yo through a few extra out there that might make you change your mind about music.

Guitar rock kind of stuff,yes?

--------------------

Offlinesirdonut
riding the cosmic giggle
 User Gallery

Re: I can only fully enjoy/appreciate music when I'm high on ecstasy... [Re: LobsterSauce]
    #11039953 - 09/11/09 11:30 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

yea I enjoy music while sober and high but I have to admit that making music is so much more enjoyable while high.  In fact, sad as it is, I have a hard time even starting to make a tune while sober anymore..

--------------------
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Offlinefeifen

Re: I can only fully enjoy/appreciate music when I'm high on ecstasy... [Re: Neuron]
    #11039958 - 09/11/09 11:31 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Neuron said:
Quote:

Poid said:
When I'm sober, music is just, well, sorta boring, and I feel like I have to force myself to enjoy it. But when I'm rolling, I feel the music washing through my body, moving about with it in perfect bliss and harmony. :heartpump:

Can anyone here fully enjoy/appreciate music like this while completely sober?

Wow...OP is fail.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I can only fully enjoy/appreciate music when I'm high on ecstasy... [Re: sirdonut]
    #11039981 - 09/11/09 11:36 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

zSDMF said:
honestly i feel horrible for you if you need to be fucked up to listen to music.

When did I say this? :lol:

Quote:

Jimtown said:
Give me 10 artists that 'do' it for you. I'll try yo through a few extra out there that might make you change your mind about music.

Guitar rock kind of stuff,yes?

Selena

EL-Haru Korai

Elton John

Bowie

Dylan

Doors

Soundgarden/Audioslave

Frampton

Floyd

Zeppelin

Quote:

sirdonut said:
yea I enjoy music while sober and high but I have to admit that making music is so much more enjoyable while high.  In fact, sad as it is, I have a hard time even starting to make a tune while sober anymore..

It's so much easier/better on E...

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11040003 - 09/11/09 11:42 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

you said you can only and i quote "fully enjoy/appreciate music when I'm high on ecstasy..."

i dont know what you intended to imply by saying this but that's what i got out of it.  if you can't listen to a song and feel the emotions the artist put into it that's pretty damn pathetic.  i mean take a song like cemetery gates by pantera.  you might not like the genre or delivery of the music but if you can't feel the pain and emotion in the art somethings wrong with you imo.  especially if you "get it," while high on ecstasy.

you sound like a drug addicted loser to me with this thread.  "i only enjoy life when im fucked up on ecstasy."

get the fuck out.  this thread is so saddening to me and ive only read the first and last page.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I can only fully enjoy/appreciate music when I'm high on ecstasy... [Re: zSDMF]
    #11040010 - 09/11/09 11:43 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I guess the word fully means absolutely nothing to you. :shrug:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11040023 - 09/11/09 11:46 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

no its just music and art/expression in general mean the whole world to me.  if a drug gives you some sensation of fully achieving music appreciation i guess thats my beef.  i think its downright sad a drug like ecstasy of all things gives you the ultimate appreciation of something.  ecstasy will give you the ultimate appreciation of your worst enemy as well.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11040031 - 09/11/09 11:48 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Have you been on E and listened to music?

This thread was merely inspired by a feeling of nostalgia, just so you know...

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I can only fully enjoy/appreciate music when I'm high on ecstasy... [Re: the bizzle]
    #11040047 - 09/11/09 11:51 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Hey bizzle, I just ate some raw pedro last night, about the amount of the volume of two butterfinger's bars, maybe a little less.

The small buzz was awedance! :awedance:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisiblezSDMF
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11040061 - 09/11/09 11:53 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

i've done about everything rolling that I have ever done sober and really I personally find ecstasy to be forced happiness and for lack of better a better word "fake."  that's besides the point though.  music is more sacred than jesus christ to me and it's just my opinion that anyone who would say something like, and again I quote, "I can only fully enjoy/appreciate music when I'm high on ecstasy..." probably has some kind of issues somewhere along the line.

"I can only fully enjoy/appreciate music when I'm high on ecstasy..." just invokes feeling of sorrow and pity in me.  i genuinely feel bad for you if that statement really holds any weight to you what so ever.  thats just me though.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11040084 - 09/11/09 11:57 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

zSDMF said:
"I can only fully enjoy/appreciate music when I'm high on ecstasy..." just invokes feeling of sorrow and pity in me.  i genuinely feel bad for you if that statement really holds any weight to you what so ever.  thats just me though.

Name one person who can enjoy music the same way sober as on E. :etjesus:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisibleLobsterSauceDiscord
 User Gallery

#11040220 - 09/11/09 12:24 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Hendrix song that is completely unknown.

Rory Gallagher. He put a lot of feeling in his guitar work and you can really hear it.

Knocked Clapton off Melody Maker's best guitarist of the year in I think 1972 or 1974.
Lovely tasteful solo at 3.10 and a lot more throughout.

More. A fast blues number.

Canned heat although I'm sure you've already heard.

Taste. Gallagher's band before he went solo.

Cream. Love that sound.

Les Paul r.i.p.ping it up in a short video.

Chet Atkins

Wes Montgomery

Feed!

Some of that has to be good to you

--------------------

Edited by LobsterSauce (09/11/09 12:32 PM)

OfflineDeadPhan
Male User Gallery

#11040525 - 09/11/09 01:10 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
When I'm sober, music is just, well, sorta boring, and I feel like I have to force myself to enjoy it. But when I'm rolling, I feel the music washing through my body, moving about with it in perfect bliss and harmony. :heartpump:

Can anyone here fully enjoy/appreciate music like this while completely sober?

that used to be the case for me
at first music was good period.  then i started smokin pot.  and it was like, if i didnt have pot i wouldnt listen to as much music or enjoy it as much and just end up vegin out on tv or something.  granted i had pot alot so it wasnt a problem
then i started tripin out
and altho i still listened to plenty of music when not tripin, i still feel like it made it soooo much better
but pot would always suffice
but it did get to a point that without at least somethign music was just eh
and thats crazy comin from me cause, music is my life
then i started drinkin alot and i couldnt realy get into it without alcohol
ive done my share of ecstacy but i never got to that point with that.
like, while on ecstacy it was a hell of alot more fun and crazy when on it, but, i could live without. 
now, i dont do so much anymore but smoke pot
and i still love music
but while i was doing alot of any one thing, i did feel it helped alot
and sure it still does.  when i drink i get out on the dance floor and rage it up!
but im set on layin down under a tree and letin it take me

--------------------

Big Gulps!  Alright!  Well,  See ya later!
And if i claim to be a wise man, well, it surely means that i dont know!

Offlineupinthetrees
.Ease through your Mind.
Male

Loc: P/N/W
Re: I can only fully enjoy/appreciate music when I'm high on ecstasy... [Re: Psilo_Subliminal]
    #11040553 - 09/11/09 01:13 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Psilo_Subliminal said:
or less :shrug:

yeah..obviously. I still remember a couple years ago before I started smoking or doing any drugs, I could listen to music and make my body get that warm&fuzzy feeling just from the music and from wanting it to happen..it's all in the mind.
When you do a lot of drugs you have less control over everything..not saying that's a bad thing, but often its the reality of the situation.

--------------------

I want to show you life for what it's worth, from beginning to end from when your life was first launched 'till when it descends back to earth. From pyramiding at it's peak 'till when it turns back into dirt..

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder