Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinemarshalldylan1
Stranger

Rehab Experiences
    #10944909 - 08/26/09 10:00 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

So, I finally let the cat out of the bag and let my family know about my drug problem, and I told them I needed help.

Well, within 30 minutes of letting them know, I was dragged a to a detox/rehab place really close to my house, literally RIGHT NEXT DOOR to where I get my drugs.

I did their questionnaire cause I didn't know what exactly was going on or what would happen. After the questions, they asked me if I was ready to go to my room. I flipped out cause it was all happening so fast. I didn't realize i'd have to make a choice right that minute.

The only comfort meds they would give me is Librium the doctor said, not even clonidine. I said fuck that place and literally had to run out the door.

Well, I've given some thought about it, and I've decided I will be going to rehab, but not that one(hard to stay clean when I could jump the fence to go get drugs).

I'm going to be moving about 3 hours from Pittsburgh in the middle of nowhere, so I won't have any access to drugs. I'm going to a 28 day detox/rehab up there, and I have no idea what to expect.

I am asking you shroomerites who have been to rehab what was it like for you? Did it work on you? How long were you there for? Drug of choice? Did it feel like prison? Cause the one I was at yesterday felt like it.

Just tell me what your experience was like, and if it was for the better.

Also, how hard would it be to sneak in some xanax for the detox? I don't want to just get fucking librium. I'm thinking about taping a baggie to my balls, lol.

So yeah, rehab goers, how did it go?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineslakethythirst
Stranger
Male

Re: Rehab Experiences [Re: marshalldylan1]
    #10944959 - 08/26/09 10:09 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

good friend of mine went to a month long rehab detox type place for a pretty nasty oxy addiction.  he said it sucked, but it worked.  he did pick up cigarettes while there, but he doesnt touch opiates anymore

good luck man.  its gonna be shitty, but just remember why youre in there and you can get through it.  its only a month and could lead to a completely new life.  keep your mind open and stay determined

OfflineNuggetpouch
Male

Re: Rehab Experiences [Re: slakethythirst]
    #10944987 - 08/26/09 10:15 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

why would you sneak in xanax to detox? physically detoxing is a healthy and wonderful experience, sometimes life saving. unless you absolutely need xanax for anxiety or something, i say don't bring it.

i don't know what you were addicted to, but what you need to do is make a serious conscious decision to not take the drugs any more. the detoxing will get you past the physical hump and make it that much easier.

its the urges that can be almost impossible to suppress.

one thing you might like to know about rehab. you'll probably get laid while youre there :thumbup:

--------------------
My statistical assumption is that chemical tapering should begin when the rate of visiting ODD exceeds the rate of visiting Pub, or any other Shroomery forum.

Edited by Nuggetpouch (08/26/09 10:22 PM)

Offlinedwtk
it all rolls into one
Male User Gallery

Loc: Franklin's Tower
Re: Rehab Experiences [Re: Nuggetpouch]
    #10945048 - 08/26/09 10:26 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

At some point you might REALLY want to bounce and take off. They told me when I arrived that it was usually at the 2 week mark; I didn't believe them at first but they were totally right. Happened to a lot of people there.

Just stick it through, it's worth it in the end :psychsplit:

--------------------

OfflineI AM SWIM
doin' thangs
 User Gallery

Loc: Feels Changsta Man
    #10945075 - 08/26/09 10:32 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

The rehab I went to did not feel like prison. I checked out two facilities beforehand, and they totally were prison like, or looked too much like a place for crazy people in straightjackets. I was there for 28 days, for crack and china, I met some really cool people there, at first it can be like prison, I actually brought drugs and did them there before having my bags checked, but they will check your bags before you go into detox.

Did it work for me? Yes and No. I relapsed the day I got out, but I don't think I could have quit if I didn't go. Some people just need real help and rehab is the only option. I still to this day, dabble into things, except I am not touching anything related to coke, because that shit is a joke, but I have more control over my choices now.

You don't want to go to a rehab that is right next door to a dealer. I ended up escaping to score drugs while I was in the middle of the program, they found out, and almost kicked me out, but I pleaded them to let me stay and they did.

It's hell at first, but later on each day gets better, it will allow you to open up and bond with people that are in similar situations, they will feed you right, the place I went had a few pool tables so that made things fun. If you really want to sneak xanax in there, taping it to ur balls is the best option. I honestly would not bring xanax, they may just end up giving you some benzos and/or subutex anyway.

Just dont be one of those guys that becomes all anti-drug when they come back :wink:

I would look around at more places, and find one that you feel comfortable with, and one that doesn't feel like a prison. If you want some more info on certain facilities, you can PM me.

Good Luck

--------------------

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

Re: Rehab Experiences [Re: I AM SWIM]
    #10945460 - 08/26/09 11:40 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

The place I went to was god awful. But I was forced to go so it would be different if you check yourself in. Also 28 days is nothing lol some people are in there for wwaaaayyyy longer. I went for 40 days. My addiction was oxy btw

The place i went to did not work at all for me tho. First of all the people there were sneaking in loads of drugs, from weed to crack. Second the staff treated us like shit and were just all uneducated black guys. And third I did not want to be there and it honestly made me run harder.

Detox was the best part of my rehab experience and that is because they put me to sleep for 2 days straight. Oh btw I never slept, not even once, while I was in rehab. Well maybe the one night some kid cheeked his meds for me. They put me on crazy medication I have never heard of before like geodon.

I also would recommend NOT having sex with anyone in rehab. Sure I met lots of cool people but the vast majority of the girls had STDs and had been raped and what not.

Over all it was the worse experience of my life and it made me want to do oxy even more. But if you want to get clean I would look around for the best rehab you can find. You probably made a good decision not going to the first one you saw. I am sure if you are the one checking yourself in you can find a good one.

Best of luck to ya and hope it all works out

--------------------

Take it easy dude, but take it!

Offlinemarshalldylan1
Stranger

Re: Rehab Experiences [Re: Nuggetpouch]
    #10957778 - 08/28/09 08:24 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Nuggetpouch said:

why would you sneak in xanax to detox? physically detoxing is a healthy and wonderful experience, sometimes life saving. unless you absolutely need xanax for anxiety or something, i say don't bring it.

i don't know what you were addicted to, but what you need to do is make a serious conscious decision to not take the drugs any more. the detoxing will get you past the physical hump and make it that much easier.

its the urges that can be almost impossible to suppress.

one thing you might like to know about rehab. you'll probably get laid while youre there :thumbup:

I would sneak Xanax in just during the detox process. The comfort meds they would give me would be Librium, which is shitty. I would just use the xanax for the first 4 or 5 days until after I'm detoxed.

I'm not dependent on xanax so I don't think I will really have a problem with them.

Well, wish me luck, I'm moving out of this god for saken pharmaceutical filled city on wed. and going to be living in the country with my mom to detox. If things go well, I might just skip out on the rehab and just stay the hell away from the scene here. I have no problem staying clean when I'm in a foreign city, and i'm going to be living literally in a shack in the middle of the woods.

Peace everyone, you might not see me much on here, they only have DIAL UP!

OfflineVibes
Good Vibes
Male

Loc: Flag
    #10957818 - 08/28/09 08:31 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Good luck! I wish you the best man!:thumbup:

--------------------
:mushroom2:Good Vibes:mushroom2:

Offlinesubiedude
SUBIE!!!
 User Gallery

Loc: Colorado
    #10957859 - 08/28/09 08:38 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

marshalldylan1 said:
So, I finally let the cat out of the bag and let my family know about my drug problem, and I told them I needed help.

Well, within 30 minutes of letting them know, I was dragged a to a detox/rehab place really close to my house, literally RIGHT NEXT DOOR to where I get my drugs.

I did their questionnaire cause I didn't know what exactly was going on or what would happen. After the questions, they asked me if I was ready to go to my room. I flipped out cause it was all happening so fast. I didn't realize i'd have to make a choice right that minute.

The only comfort meds they would give me is Librium the doctor said, not even clonidine. I said fuck that place and literally had to run out the door.

Well, I've given some thought about it, and I've decided I will be going to rehab, but not that one(hard to stay clean when I could jump the fence to go get drugs).

I'm going to be moving about 3 hours from Pittsburgh in the middle of nowhere, so I won't have any access to drugs. I'm going to a 28 day detox/rehab up there, and I have no idea what to expect.

I am asking you shroomerites who have been to rehab what was it like for you? Did it work on you? How long were you there for? Drug of choice? Did it feel like prison? Cause the one I was at yesterday felt like it.

Just tell me what your experience was like, and if it was for the better.

Also, how hard would it be to sneak in some xanax for the detox? I don't want to just get fucking librium. I'm thinking about taping a baggie to my balls, lol.

So yeah, rehab goers, how did it go?

i had to go twice.. it sucked... you get in there and everything is just SOOO damn depressing...it's all negativity..12 steps are BS...powerless over my addiction? Fuck that. Leave all my faith to  a "higher power"? LMAO...obvisouly, i didn't like it..these places mean to do good but everything is such BS...i mean they try, like giving you "tools" for success, but give me a break ...and they'll stand by there teachings till they die.. ....it's like a fucking cult brainwashing you into some weird religion...i never bought into it...i don't know what the success rate is of people staying clean out of rehab but i know its low as fuck....i don't know, i think if people realy want to change theire life they can do it on thier own...the experience is, wake up---breakfast---group----group----lunch---group---individual counseling---dinner----final group------tv----lights out at 11....it wore me out, jesus christ it was stressful...not all places are like that though..i dont know, if you think it will help you than by all means go for it...Just get better:thumbup: good luck bro

InvisiblePolk_Audio3
Moon Cricket
Male User Gallery

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: Rehab Experiences [Re: subiedude]
    #10958139 - 08/28/09 09:20 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I did close to a year in a residential rehab for failing hundreds of piss tests on probation. Worse shit of my life we ran ran ran ran ran and ran every day, bull shit rules. In the end you have to want to quit :shrug:

--------------------

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: Rehab Experiences [Re: Polk_Audio3]
    #10958191 - 08/28/09 09:28 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

The only 'rehab' like place I went to was an 8 month stint in a hell hole my parents checked me into when I was 16...for smoking pot.

I was clean for like a month after I got back cause I was terrified of being drug tested and sent back, but when I figured out they weren't gonna test me I got into a bunch of shit I'd never done before then.

:shrug:  Mine wasn't really so much of a rehab center as it was a brainwash camp, though.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

InvisiblePolk_Audio3
Moon Cricket
Male User Gallery

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: Rehab Experiences [Re: circularvortex]
    #10958198 - 08/28/09 09:30 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Yea a mind game this is how I would describe my 10 month stay.

put in word "accountability" in with a cage of monkeys an shake it. no joke

--------------------

Offlinesubiedude
SUBIE!!!
 User Gallery

Loc: Colorado
Re: Rehab Experiences [Re: circularvortex]
    #10958246 - 08/28/09 09:35 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

circularvortex said:
The only 'rehab' like place I went to was an 8 month stint in a hell hole my parents checked me into when I was 16...for smoking pot.
quote]

lol---thats what happened to me too...it was pretty akward being around a bunch of crack-heads. i felt as though i had to say i was addicted to something stronger like coke to fit in.:nonono:

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

#10958285 - 08/28/09 09:41 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

best of luck man!

--------------------

Take it easy dude, but take it!

Offlinemarshalldylan1
Stranger

Re: Rehab Experiences [Re: clemens]
    #11031886 - 09/10/09 12:23 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Well, they fucking booted me cause my insurance company denied the coverage.

Insurance says they will pay, after three days of detox and 3 days of the rehab I get called down and said they aren't going to fund my inpatient.

I was actually happy to be there, all it is is a bunch of drug addicts bull shitting for half the day, and then other than that it's just groups groups and more groups.

I was really upset to leave cause I met a lot of cool people there, and I was actually doing good there.

I got signed up for outpatient in a different place which I will be starting sometime in the next week.

What pisses me off though is they had me on a suboxone taper, tomorrow was suppose to be my last dose. So I left the place still fucking dependent on opiates. Feeling a little sick right now, but nowehere near as bad as it was. They were giving me a full 8mg a day! My tolerance isn't that high, the one day I got the full 8 I was actually nodding.

Well, I'm still clean from my drug of choice at least(goin on a week now). When they told me I had to leave I was thinking up every little way to get high. Moving out of my city really helped me, because I had no fucking way to do it. It's just I know that if I was able to I would of.

Man, I must of been really fucked up before going there, I don't even remember making this thread or typing any of these posts!

Good to be back here on the shroomery.

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
    #11031996 - 09/10/09 12:47 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

It's best to get off the Suboxone fairly quick anyways (in my opinion). Sounds like you're pretty much home, just some discomfort and readjustment to put up with, but that shouldn't be too bad...

Watch out who you hang around with for a while...

Good Luck! :smile:

--------------------

Offlinedwtk
it all rolls into one
Male User Gallery

Loc: Franklin's Tower
Re: Rehab Experiences [Re: Papaver]
    #11033238 - 09/10/09 10:01 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

damn they started me on a 16mg taper and i still felt sick

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom