Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCRNM90
Homosapien
Male

Loc: New Mexico
PEYOTE HUNTING DURING THE WINTER
    #11021532 - 09/08/09 03:04 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I was planning on making a trip to the desert highlands of northern Mexico in hopes of finding some peyote that I can harvest. I'm thinking about going late this fall or early winter since I would be able to cover greater distances in less harsh conditions. However a lot of the plant and tree species suck a lot of their nutrients (alkaloids) into their root system during the winter. Does anyone know if cacti species such as that of the Lophophora also hold their nutrients in their roots during the colder months of the year? I don't want to tear up the plant completely so it can still continue growing so should I just wait until late spring to early summer?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCactusdan
Patecatl
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: PEYOTE HUNTING DURING THE WINTER [Re: CRNM90]
    #11021566 - 09/08/09 03:08 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

:kingcrankey::kingcrankey::kingcrankey::kingcrankey::kingcrankey::kingcrankey::kingcrankey::kingcrankey::kingcrankey::kingcrankey::kingcrankey::kingcrankey:

You are the reason these plants are dwindling in numbers in the wild.

Get some seeds and grow some!

Then you'll see why their numbers in the wild are so dangerously low!

There is NO reason to harvest these plants in the wild when they are decently easy and available to those wishing to cultivate them.

Proper harvesting in an uncontrolled outdoor setting still results in the death of plants and during the winter would be even worse.

--------------------

Edited by Cactusdan (09/08/09 03:38 PM)

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Loc: Darkside of the moon Flag
Re: PEYOTE HUNTING DURING THE WINTER [Re: Cactusdan]
    #11021586 - 09/08/09 03:11 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Cactusdan said:
:kingcrankey::kingcrankey::kingcrankey::kingcrankey::kingcrankey::kingcrankey::kingcrankey::kingcrankey::kingcrankey::kingcrankey::kingcrankey::kingcrankey:

You are the reason these plants are dwindling in numbers in the wild.

Get some seeds and grow some!

Then you'll see why there numbers in the wild are so dangerously low!

another person we must inform the status of peyote.

ITS ENDANGERED. buy some seeds and grow them. i'm sure that after a year or 2 you'll change your mind about eating those buttons.

you are barking up the wrong tree on this my friend.

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Edited by ferrel_human (09/08/09 03:12 PM)

InvisibleBig L
In tall buildings
 User Gallery

Loc: Luxury
    #11021590 - 09/08/09 03:13 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

:fuckyou:
you won't get any help here.
go away

--------------------

OfflineJB201
Desert Dweller
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sonoran Desert
    #11021596 - 09/08/09 03:13 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Please don't poach plants from the wild!!!

If anything, buy some T. Pachanoi or T. Bridgesii and use it for your psychedelic purposes.

--------------------

InvisibleKBG1977
Re: PEYOTE HUNTING DURING THE WINTER [Re: JB201]
    #11021972 - 09/08/09 03:56 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Great way to start off in this forum man.We here absolutely don't take plants from the wild.I once had that same dream as you,but it's just too dangerous,and not worth the risks.The desert is very unforgiving with all the snakes,drug smugglers,and heat,plus it is illegal to harvest any Cacti from the wild.Lophophora is so easy to obtain one only needs to ask the right person,or do some internet searching:wink:Just think if every body went tromping through the desert to collect them,they would be wiped out,and in some places they are.

InvisibleMankey
Male
    #11022082 - 09/08/09 04:09 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

:fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:  :fuckyou:

Offlinedrift
Male User Gallery

#11022094 - 09/08/09 04:10 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

CRNM90 said:
lol

For half the price you'd spend on your expedition, you can order some dried trich skins online and trip balls just as hard! Plus, you don't have to kill any endangered, slow growing species.

InvisibleBig L
In tall buildings
 User Gallery

Re: PEYOTE HUNTING DURING THE WINTER [Re: drift]
    #11022133 - 09/08/09 04:16 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

if doc wasn't banned he probably would have locked this already, but since he isn't going to be around for a little
:ranchydance:

--------------------

OfflineCactusdan
Patecatl
Male User Gallery

Re: PEYOTE HUNTING DURING THE WINTER [Re: Big L]
    #11022163 - 09/08/09 04:19 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Guy also posted in the Pub, where he admitted San Pedro was a better alternative.

Smart move!

--------------------

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

#11022215 - 09/08/09 04:25 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Big L said:
if doc wasn't banned he probably would have locked this already, but since he isn't going to be around for a little
:ranchydance:

doc was banned?! :eek: man gotta come in more often.

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: PEYOTE HUNTING DURING THE WINTER [Re: ferrel_human]
    #11022297 - 09/08/09 04:33 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I won't lock it, I will let you guys burn the OP a little more before that.

FH

Offlinek4ge
Male User Gallery

#11022314 - 09/08/09 04:36 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I approve of all but the OP.

That is all.

--------------------
All posts by this user are not to be taken seriously.
Seriously.

Offlinedrift
Male User Gallery

Re: PEYOTE HUNTING DURING THE WINTER [Re: k4ge]
    #11022329 - 09/08/09 04:38 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Why did doc get banned?

InvisibleBig L
In tall buildings
 User Gallery

#11022342 - 09/08/09 04:39 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

he won the ban lottery

--------------------

Edited by Big L (09/08/09 04:46 PM)

InvisibleMankey
Male
    #11023113 - 09/08/09 06:16 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Where are his 0 mushroom ratings?

OfflineHorticulture
Mycocurious
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: PEYOTE HUNTING DURING THE WINTER [Re: Mankey]
    #11023293 - 09/08/09 06:46 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Well, it's cruel to down rate someone who honestly probably didn't know any better.  'Tis far better sport to educate them on the preservation of endangered cacti, and of course flame the hell out of them. With that said, as one who frequents this forum, I think I owe the OP a...

Don't poach endangered cacti!  Or any wild species for that matter!

and of course, a hearty,

FUCK YOU! :kingcrankey:

And with that said, welcome to the Ethnobotanical Garden, CRNM90!  If you haven't already, take a bit of time to read over the forum rules.  Generally, the garden is a friendly place where we all get along, but you happened to have touched a sore spot.  But now that you know better, perhaps you will join us in the cultivation and preservation of various ethnobotanicals.  :laugh:

--------------------
The Plant Mage Guild

Invisiblekarode13Facebook
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
    #11023789 - 09/08/09 08:00 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I'm giving you zero shrooms, hopefully this will encourage you to do some research and think before opening your thieving mouth in the Ethnobotanical garden again.

--------------------

Invisiblescruffymafia
Dreamer

Loc: Wonderland
. [Re: karode13]
    #11024442 - 09/08/09 09:52 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
This is the strangest life I've ever known.

Edited by scruffymafia (06/20/20 09:43 PM)

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
Re: PEYOTE HUNTING DURING THE WINTER [Re: scruffymafia]
    #11024460 - 09/08/09 09:56 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

:rofl2:  Thanks for that scruff :p

OfflineCactusdan
Patecatl
Male User Gallery

#11025367 - 09/09/09 01:09 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I'd say down rating someone so soon is a little excessive.

He appears to have made the right decision by going with San Pedro, which is a start.

Scruffy I think amongst all the flaming there was also the same if not  better advice given than in the pub.

The flaming serves to show that we like our plants here and that we really do care about the preservation of these wonderful plants in the wild, and to show the seriousness nature on the subject.

--------------------

Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11025463 - 09/09/09 01:43 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I would rather down rate someone than call them a fucktard or something similar, that is childish. The rating I gave also has some facts written in, if the OP takes this on board and posts well his rating will go up. If someone walked into my house and said they steal I would throw them out, I hate thieves. I also deplore environmental vandalism of any sort, let alone in the pursuit of trying to get high.

I may of been a bit harsh and I hope the OP does come back and post here. I have had my say and hold no grudges, life is too short.

--------------------

Invisiblescruffymafia
Dreamer

. [Re: karode13]
    #11025582 - 09/09/09 02:29 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------

Edited by scruffymafia (06/20/20 09:42 PM)

Offlineorison
mcfluffysugarnuts

Re: PEYOTE HUNTING DURING THE WINTER [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #11025634 - 09/09/09 02:54 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

thats sad..:sad:

--------------------

Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11025642 - 09/09/09 03:01 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

All it takes is a little respect and common sense.

Something the OP didn't have before posting here, that's why he got flamed.

I respect what you are saying and will take it on board. This thread is ghey any way~

Random pic!~

--------------------

OfflineHaRo On KoRn
inmortal
 User Gallery

Loc: West Coast
Re: PEYOTE HUNTING DURING THE WINTER [Re: karode13]
    #11025667 - 09/09/09 03:22 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

hey i cant get on the trading furoom (not sure what its called) yet for like a while

so i was wondering a few thangs!!!
is it legal to have peyote seeds?
would any one want to sell me a few?
would any one want to trade for spores?
what is the succes rate of a seed?

i cant spell if thats somthin you want to tell me!
and dont care for punctation!

also besides the fact this guy wants to go find a peyote to steal
i threw a knife at mexicans stealing my napalas before thought he was the one fucking them up

but going into northeren mexico to find a cacti hmm thats stupid on motible levels thats theres no pisa is gonna like you doin that
and if theres natives living around were you stealing that cacti they could get very mad it could be planned to be part of a youngs boys manning so with the rest of these men on this furom
:thumbdown:

:fuckyou:

:homo:

:bye:  :bye:  :bye:  :bye:  :bye:  :bye:  :bye:  :bye:  :bye:  :bye:  :bye:  :bye:  :bye:  :bye:  :bye:  :bye:  :bye:  :bye:  :bye:  :bye:  :bye:  :bye:  :bye:  :bye:  :bye:  :bye:  :bye:

Offlinedrift
Male User Gallery

Re: PEYOTE HUNTING DURING THE WINTER [Re: HaRo On KoRn]
    #11025942 - 09/09/09 07:15 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

HaRo On KoRn said:
so i was wondering a few thangs!!!
is it legal to have peyote seeds?

Nope, peyote seeds are specifically illegal which is quite rare: normally only parts of the plant containing the illegal substance are outlawed. Like spores and no psilocybin, you'd think it would be the same.

Quote:

would any one want to sell me a few?

Hook ups aren't allowed in this forum.

Quote:

what is the succes rate of a seed?

I'm not completely sure, I imagine it would depend more on the age and condition of the seeds than anything. For what it's worth though, all the various loph seeds I've planted had really good germination.

Quote:

i cant spell if thats somthin you want to tell me!
and dont care for punctation!

As a grammar Nazi, I am deeply offended.

Quote:

also besides the fact this guy wants to go find a peyote to steal
i threw a knife at mexicans stealing my napalas before thought he was the one fucking them up

That's fucked up on so many more levels than his misguided peyote adventure. I'm not quite sure what a napala is, but throwing a knife at someone for stealing them is a little excessive, don't you think?

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

Loc: Alpha Canis Majoris
    #11026152 - 09/09/09 08:59 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

scruffymafia said:
You guys are being total fucking dicks, he just asked a question and wanted an answer - someone should have given him an answer (the facts) instead of acting like a bunch of bitchy teenage girls. Look at his posts, he posted in the pub and actually got some helpful feedback - maybe you guys should take some notes. He is simply unversed on peyotes status, he aint gonna learn shit if you just flame him.

All you need to do in future is tell the OP the facts without making a scene, obviously he knows the facts now but like fuck he is ever going to return to the garden. You should think before being so out of line, he may have alot to offer this forum - but that may never be seen now.

---

CRNM90, you obviously know now that peyote is endangered. I highly suggest you reading more into the ecology, physiology, history and status of peyote - you will no doubt find it very interesting. And i strongly recommend you try your hand at growing it as it is one of the most (if not the most) rewarding cacti species to grow. And soon enough im sure you will realize you would not want to injure/harvest such an intriguing and mystical plant as itself, and in good time the peyote will become one of your most prized possessions.

Good luck.

Well said.

I am of the opinion that everyone should be well informed of the status of these plants before they make any such decisions, and if they choose to do so anyways, then so be it.
Sure, I am all for conservation of endangered species, plants or animals. Yet we have to ask, what does it really matter anyway? If pandas finally disappear from the face of the earth, would it matter? Do the individual animals really give a damn that their entire species is going away? Of course not, they are only concerned with their immediate existence.
In the case of endangered cacti, it is only our own possessive inflated egos that makes us so offended when people say they want to harvest them from the wild.
Sure, this isn't the best choice, but there are far greater things to be concerned with than endangered plants.
How many here drive? The majority of the petrol and oil that we use for energy every single day comes at the cost of innocent lives. The same with the blood-money we use to purchase all of our toys, the majority of which are made of near slave labor and at the expense of none other than plants and animals.
How many eat meat? Is anyone aware of how these animals are treated at at the kill factories? No, it is not humane, it is the most vile, cruel and wretched process many will ever witness.
I hate to rant, but I also feel that it is necessary that at different angle of perception be available during ridiculous attacks such as this.

OfflineCRNM90
Homosapien
Male

Loc: New Mexico
Re: PEYOTE HUNTING DURING THE WINTER [Re: satyr]
    #11026608 - 09/09/09 10:52 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I was aware that they were endangered. I did not know what a touchy subject this is with people. I'm Navajo and want to use the plant for a spiritual experience. We have the right to go into the wild to experience what the cacti has to teach us. It's everyone else who's endangering this ritual for us.

InvisibleBig L
In tall buildings
 User Gallery

#11026681 - 09/09/09 11:08 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

CRNM90 said:
It's everyone else who's endangering this ritual for us.

:stonedjerk:

--------------------

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

#11026917 - 09/09/09 11:53 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

CRNM90 said:
I was aware that they were endangered. I did not know what a touchy subject this is with people. I'm Navajo and want to use the plant for a spiritual experience. We have the right to go into the wild to experience what the cacti has to teach us. It's everyone else who's endangering this ritual for us.

Everyone has their own path to pursue. I would recommend obtaining some San Pedro, but again, it is your path, and yours alone to endure. Whatever you feel you should do, do it.

--------------------
Looking for Astrophytum asterias specimens; have cacti for trade :pm:

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

#11027342 - 09/09/09 01:17 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

CRNM90 said:

well then i am gonna use this timeless parental tool used by my parents.

IF EVERYBODY WAS JUMPING OFF A CLIFF, WOULD YOU DO IT TOO?

use columns like san pedro or torch. hell if you want to experience something like that send me :pm: and i'll send you a cut. no need to harm poor defenseless endangered wild cacti. just :2cents: on the situation.

--------------------
-Karode

InvisibleFleadh
Eh No....
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ireland Flag
    #11027394 - 09/09/09 01:26 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

LOL, come the fuck on mate, you know they are endangered but cite your heritage and spiritual journeys as an excuse for doing soemthing you know is wrong...

That fucked up on SO many levels...

Perhaps your spiritual journey will help you acknowledge the fact that you may well be a complete....

--------------------
Friendships have come and gone but I always regret the girls I didn't bang

I just dont really care what you think

OfflineJB201
Desert Dweller
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sonoran Desert
    #11027443 - 09/09/09 01:35 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

CRNM90 said:

Why would you need to go to Mexico to hunt peyote then? You can join the Native American Church and then attend ceremonies because you're Navajo.

--------------------

Edited by JB201 (09/09/09 01:43 PM)

OfflineHaRo On KoRn
inmortal
 User Gallery

Re: PEYOTE HUNTING DURING THE WINTER [Re: JB201]
    #11028320 - 09/09/09 03:52 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i think this guy is full of niger shit not no indian

so hmm san pedro seeds are legal?

any way i most likely spelling this wrong napals or thats how i understand my nighbor saying it but any way i thought that beaner was the one that fucked my shit up i had them all along my fence all pretty then one day bam some dumb fuck trashed them

Offlinedrift
Male User Gallery

#11028409 - 09/09/09 04:08 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

CRNM90 said:

Enough with that pretentious bullshit. You obviously deserve the plant since you're using it for a spiritual experience and not just to trip balls, but to say other people are 'endangering it' simply because they are not navajo is just wrong.

Offlinedrift
Male User Gallery

#11028417 - 09/09/09 04:10 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

HaRo On KoRn said:

I hope you know how retarded you sound.

Quote:

Yes.

InvisibleBig L
In tall buildings
 User Gallery

#11028452 - 09/09/09 04:14 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

HaRo On KoRn said:

any way i most likely spelling this wrong napals or thats how i understand my nighbor saying it but any way i thought that beaner was the one that fucked my shit up i had them all along my fence all pretty then one day bam some dumb fuck trashed

:cuckoo:

--------------------

OfflineHaRo On KoRn
inmortal
 User Gallery

#11028466 - 09/09/09 04:16 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

:hi:

Offlinefireshaman
Botanist
 User Gallery

#11028485 - 09/09/09 04:19 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

With Karma, you're likely to get arrested in Mexico, caught at the border, die in the desert from thirst or something like that.

Grow from seed, then graft onto a pere plant or a Trichocereus.

To EAT, use a Bridgesii! =)

Take Care!

-M-

--------------------
Nomad 2013 Trade List
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17137809

OfflineHaRo On KoRn
inmortal
 User Gallery

Re: PEYOTE HUNTING DURING THE WINTER [Re: fireshaman]
    #11028519 - 09/09/09 04:25 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

how do u get seeds if there illegal?

InvisibleMankey
Male
    #11028592 - 09/09/09 04:38 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

You've just got to search a little. They're not hard to find at all. Maybe try stepping outside the realm of Shroomery sponsors.

Offlinelolbience
bridgesy eye eye eye
Male

#11028628 - 09/09/09 04:46 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Thread title

Quote:

CRNM90 said:

:ilold:

Also, to all the people defending this kid, the shroomery has a search function that works perfectly fine. This subforum is constantly being flooded with the same questions.(check front page for a couple examples)
There is no reason we should appease people who are full of shit like OP. Forum rules say we should keep flaming to a minimum, and there was a decent amount of accurate information given to him.

OfflineHaRo On KoRn
inmortal
 User Gallery

Re: PEYOTE HUNTING DURING THE WINTER [Re: Mankey]
    #11028629 - 09/09/09 04:46 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

lol never even went to a sponsors site hmm not sure were to find really guess i gotta look

InvisibleMankey
Male
Re: PEYOTE HUNTING DURING THE WINTER [Re: lolbience]
    #11028675 - 09/09/09 04:53 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

lolbience said:
Quote:

Thread title

Quote:

CRNM90 said:

:ilold:

Also, to all the people defending this kid, the shroomery has a search function that works perfectly fine. This subforum is constantly being flooded with the same questions.(check front page for a couple examples)
There is no reason we should appease people who are full of shit like OP. Forum rules say we should keep flaming to a minimum, and there was a decent amount of accurate information given to him.

Also, the forum rules (stickied to the page) clearly state that poaching and taking plants from the wild won't be tolerated.

Offlinefireshaman
Botanist
 User Gallery

#11028677 - 09/09/09 04:53 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Seeds/plants are legal in nearly every country except the US.

Order the seeds from overseas - they are easy to get in.

--------------------
Nomad 2013 Trade List
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17137809

OfflineHaRo On KoRn
inmortal
 User Gallery

Re: PEYOTE HUNTING DURING THE WINTER [Re: fireshaman]
    #11028710 - 09/09/09 04:58 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

how wouls i get them in if  i order them from over seas?

Offlinedrift
Male User Gallery

#11028734 - 09/09/09 05:01 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

HaRo On KoRn said:
how wouls i get them in if  i order them from over seas?

In the mail. You'd be surprised how similar to every single other cactus seed in existence peyote seeds are.

OfflineHaRo On KoRn
inmortal
 User Gallery

#11028758 - 09/09/09 05:06 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

so just have some one ship them with some fake cacti name

Offlinedrift
Male User Gallery

#11028763 - 09/09/09 05:07 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

HaRo On KoRn said:
so just have some one ship them with some fake cacti name

Yup, but it'd most likely get through just fine even if it was labeled lophophora williamsii, lol.

OfflineHaRo On KoRn
inmortal
 User Gallery

#11028824 - 09/09/09 05:21 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

hmm ok sounds like a plan

were does peyote grow at over seas would it look like peyote from az

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

#11029038 - 09/09/09 06:04 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Is it just me, or does the garden seem to have gone to shit in the past few months? :smirk:

--------------------

Offlinedrift
Male User Gallery

#11029201 - 09/09/09 06:29 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

satyr said:
Is it just me, or does the garden seem to have gone to shit in the past few months? :smirk:

No, you just have to filter out the garbage and it's still good. Perhaps when the Doc comes back, he'll take out the trash.

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

#11029624 - 09/09/09 07:31 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Doc take another vacation? Its crazy what goes on here when your absent for a while

--------------------

Offlinedrift
Male User Gallery

#11029739 - 09/09/09 07:46 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

satyr said:
Doc take another vacation? Its crazy what goes on here when your absent for a while

He lost the ban lottery so I guess that's a vacation.

OfflineHaRo On KoRn
inmortal
 User Gallery

#11029792 - 09/09/09 07:52 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

he won the lottery dumb nutz :mattz:

Offlinedrift
Male User Gallery

#11029951 - 09/09/09 08:10 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

HaRo On KoRn said:
he won the lottery dumb nutz :mattz:

Winning or losing, it's all the same. Try not calling me dumb nutz when you butcher the english language every post, ok Chief?

OfflineHaRo On KoRn
inmortal
 User Gallery

#11030028 - 09/09/09 08:19 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

yes sir

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
    #11030214 - 09/09/09 08:42 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I find it quite ironic this guy catches all kinds of hell. But every single specimen or seed collected had to come from the the south, southwest north America....(originally) ....meaning every single person that has any of these specimens is somehow connected to the rape of this endangered species and also the mass cultivation of it too.

InvisiblePoC
Relax
Male User Gallery

Re: PEYOTE HUNTING DURING THE WINTER [Re: Tomandjerry58]
    #11030370 - 09/09/09 08:58 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

preschooler said:
I find it quite ironic this guy catches all kinds of hell. But every single specimen or seed collected had to come from the the south, southwest north America....(originally) ....meaning every single person that has any of these specimens is somehow connected to the rape of this endangered species and also the mass cultivation of it too.

Would collecting seeds off of wild plants and cultivating them really be raping the species?  Every plant comes from the wild at some point, but it's a different matter when someone wants to harvest threatened species for personal consumption imo.

Anyways I think the OP got the point and all the extra flaming seemed pretty unnecessary.  To be naive about the ethics involved and the response one's likely to get from the post is not the same as being stubborn and self-righteous about it.  Most of us cacti enthusiasts here at shroomery probably had the same dream at one point or another of collecting peyote buttons - or at least the thought.  It's easy to jump on the flame train but the responses to this thread seem pretty over the top.

--------------------

OfflineCactusdan
Patecatl
Male User Gallery

#11030898 - 09/09/09 09:51 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

:smirk:

Lemme chime in again all...

OP the fact of the matter is, it is the NAC that is causing a majority of the peyote depletion now days.

Back in the 60's and 70's you may have been able to claim that it was non-native americans, but today it is directly them.

The NAC consumes MILLIONS of buttons every year and that isn't even as much as they'd like.

Info on the cacti's endangerment

Browse through that site, and tell me who the culprit is.

Granted I guarantee you there are hippies going out and raping the deserts, but a majority now days is Native American linked sadly enough.

Just grow the darn plants people, they're not difficult, but once you see how slow they grow you really will obtain a new found respect for them I guarantee it.

Just grow them.

On the topic of them being directly linked to wild specimens although true, fails completely at the point of domesticated cultivation.

That'd be like trying to relate the corn in my corn flakes to the wild corn plants that were spread out over the country and wild.

It just isn't a very strong argument.

Many zoo's have captive bred animals and have helped retain the species from extinction, but the original specimens came from the wild.

Taking 2 cacti from the wild to plant and grow to help boost populations and help people stop the raping of nature, doesn't seem like something I'd like to be against :shrug:

Id rather have two plants living and producing out of the wild, than multiples decomposing in someones shit.

--------------------

Invisiblescruffymafia
Dreamer

. [Re: Cactusdan]
    #11031112 - 09/09/09 10:17 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineCactusdan
Patecatl
Male User Gallery

#11031274 - 09/09/09 10:41 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I am not criminalizing anyone mate.

I'm telling him to grow it for himself instead of taking it from the wild, that is offering an alternative, not criminalizing.

I have donated and will be donating more to the fore mentioned site as they advocate cultivation, if you took time to look through it, you'd see that.

If you could please direct me to the cases where the native americans have been prosecuted for growing peyote it would be much appreciated as the only one I can recall was the NAC members moving into Utah who got busted.

That case was dropped.

So please stop flaming me about my bitching because I have contributed, continue to contribute, and WILL continue to contribute to helping these beautiful plants.

I have also helped create the life of over 100 Lophophora Williamsii that will stay alive because I value them and their continuation.

If you call me donating to help protect wild populations and growing my own for collection purpose, not a positive thing, then I don't know what is.

--------------------

Invisiblescruffymafia
Dreamer

. [Re: Cactusdan]
    #11031902 - 09/10/09 12:26 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineHaRo On KoRn
inmortal
 User Gallery

#11032405 - 09/10/09 02:47 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

"Peyoteros"

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
    #11032710 - 09/10/09 06:51 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Im not even native american and when people say they shouldn't be harvesting a crop thats been in there familys and religion for thousands of years. Its just offensive. There are correct ways to harvest and the plant will grow back VVVVVV

link http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_02PzUaGvGU4/RoAFIrqKPZI/AAAAAAAAAEY/o1MefCyl_3E/s400/lophophora_williamsii_v_caespitosa%2Bgraft_20070625b.jpg&imgrefurl=http://lophophora.blogspot.com/2007/06/lophophora-williamsii-v-caespitosa.html&usg=__gPX35llWavX3gOQM6l4J0ceipiw=&h=266&w=400&sz=18&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=KwVWB6_ldOCnBM:&tbnh=82&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dlophophora%2Bgraft%2Bbridgisii%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26channel%3Ds%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

Let me ask you this question. When was the last time you received a top cutting of peyote....most people get them with their roots still intact thus removing them as a whole from wherever they were. Just because you love your plants and do not eat them. Does not mean that you are not part of the problem and the solution at the same time.

read thru the blogs on the left side of the screen in the link. wonderful info.....docs gallery has a great book on it too whenever he gets back

OfflineCactusdan
Patecatl
Male User Gallery

#11033038 - 09/10/09 09:09 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

All of my cacti were seed grown from domesticated seed.

The problem if you look at those pictures is that many of the peyote are cut below the aeroles and at root level.

This is not the NACs fault but the people who go out, harvest them, and sell to the peyoteros.

It is however the NACs fault that they continue to buy from these people harvesting incorrectly.

It's much like the A. Fissuratus on ebay that continuously come up that are obviously poached.

If people continue to buy them, then they will continue poaching them.

I help out organizations that promote cultivation instead of poaching and have all seed grown plants that will never be harmed.

So how exactly am I part of the problem?

I've read the kaktusy book in Docs gallery (which is from the lophophora blog) as well as looked through the blog extensively.

--------------------

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
    #11033460 - 09/10/09 10:59 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I don't see us and them as any different. And by the regrowing process alone they are consideralbly more respectful of keeping the plant in its original place.

Analogy..just because you didn't kill the cow... doesn't make you any better for picking it up at the grocery.

I just think that people that are throwing out accusations to the NAC should understand that there families have been doing this for many years before the nac was even created.I seriosly doubt the Peyoteros are going to have noobs out there picking there plants for them. I would even say that most of them are experts in finding and cutting them. If they were not the plant would all ready be extinct.

Quote:

Cactusdan said:

So how exactly am I part of the problem?

Most of us know that peyote is not even considered endangered in th usa...due to our laws...so it is people like you and many others that can keep these plants alive. Also our foreign allies. Just don't be so quick to put down the nac. They strive to keep the sacrament part of there religion so its just as impoortant to us as it is to them and there children.

OfflineCactusdan
Patecatl
Male User Gallery

#11034010 - 09/10/09 12:47 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

The problem is, is that there are noobs going out there and harvesting.

And that is why they ARE nearly extinct in Texas.

The Peyoteros are not necessarily NAC members, they're private citizens that pay for the license to sell peyote, and they don't harvest themselves.

I have no problem with the NAC or anyone including it in their sacrament, I just would like to see them protesting for more environmentally conscious ways of harvesting, such as cultivation.

Also the possible mixture of trichocereus and lophophora as trichs, as we all know, have a far greater rate of growth.

The problem with your analogy is that the plants I have are not from the wild OR dead, nor will they ever be purposely killed.

I am growing these to continue the species so I really don't think I am a problem in the slightest.

I will protest the wild poaching of Lophophora Willamsii because they are so easily cultivated in a domestic setting.

I also will recommend the use of trichs as an alternative as the chemical make up is very similar.

I really don't see how anything i'm recommending (not demanding) is negative at all.

If anything, I think it will help preserve these beautiful plants for future generations to learn about and see.

--------------------

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
    #11034871 - 09/10/09 03:10 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

What makes you think they are noobs? Anybody out there would first have to know where to look. Also know the terrain and the land owners. In case you have never been to texas. People just don't
go walking around on other peoples farms. They have guns and are not afraid to use them. Especially down there in south texas. Not to mention rattle snakes copperheads and other crazy wildlife.

You guys can stand on ur soap boxes all day with your save the peyote signs. But its not going to change their rights as native americans or their familys traditions. Which is and should be their right.

I know for a fact these people are experts and have way greater knowledge on cultivation, hunting and cacti then anyone on this board. Otherwise the species would no longer exist in these parts of the world.

OfflineCactusdan
Patecatl
Male User Gallery

#11034919 - 09/10/09 03:18 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Cactusdan said:
I have no problem with the NAC or anyone including it in their sacrament, I just would like to see them protesting for more environmentally conscious ways of harvesting, such as cultivation.

I'm not asking them to stop the use of Peyote, get off your soap box and read what I'm typing man.

And no, the peyoteros do not have a great knowledge of cultivation or else they'd utilizing it instead of raping wild populations.

Aside from 10' high fenced in hunting plots, the amount of peyote in Texas is next to nothing and the buttons get smaller and smaller every year.

I implore you to read this article, as it directly deals with the topic we have gone off on.

Let me make it clear to you AGAIN, I have no hatred for the Native Americans, their sacraments, or their use of Peyote.

I just would like to see the government and the NAC utilizing more environmentally conscious methods of CULTIVATION.

That is why I support and donate to the website above and grow all of mine from domesticated seeds.

--------------------

Edited by Cactusdan (09/10/09 03:26 PM)

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
    #11035332 - 09/10/09 04:46 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

im sure they would if the american gov would let them. As you already know this is the main problem...because if peyote was legal as it should be. We would not be having this conversation.

I just hate to see any of the comments fall on the american indians because it really is not there fault and they are dealt a hand that has many stipulations,brickwalls and jail time.I think the average ameican would look at their religion as "they just want to get fuct up" and this not true...they are just following the path of their ancestors to reach the creator.

ON the mission of peace...i have no intention of fighting with you blood/cactusdan. You are very insightful and enjoy reading your post. ur garden=:rockon::hehehe:

My education and background, also knowing american indians personally and living with them at a time in my life. To me they are as sacred or even more sacred than the peyote. So i may take it the wrong way when other say negative words towards them.

I also belive we could learn alot from them and their families if we can open our minds to their beliefs and cultivation teks.

OfflineCactusdan
Patecatl
Male User Gallery

#11035363 - 09/10/09 04:51 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

:peace:

No hostility was intended mate.

That's why I really do try to offer alternatives, direct people to articles, and do not promote down rating for one time posts:tongue:

I think we can all agree that the Native Americans have been through hell and that if Lophophora Williamsii were legal there would be far less discussion about where people were obtaining them from.

:gethigh:

--------------------

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
    #11035678 - 09/10/09 05:49 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Im glad we can agree on that... to bad you don't live close.... swim has 1.7 g of fresh mesc hcl he would like to further this conversation with.

InvisiblePoC
Relax
Male User Gallery

#11036566 - 09/10/09 08:27 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Regarding the comment about A. fissuratus plants that are "obviously" wild collected, I don't think you can assume such things.  I have seen many seed grown A. fissuratus cacti in Arizona that are hard grown and my own ~4-5" A. fissuratus was rescued from a yard when the owner redesigned their landscape.  It isn't illegal, after all, and people can openly grow it outdoors in the appropriate environments.

Regarding the NAC, I definitely wouldn't place full blame on them, though they seem to contribute to the declining wild populations.  If anything, any overconsumption by NAC members is a symptom of the US government stance against peyote cultivation and their lack of preservation efforts.  Despite all of the talk in this thread about peyote being an endangered species (which I agree with), the US has not placed the plant on their endangered species list.  In Mexico it is considered endangered and collection of wild cacti is illegal anyways.

--------------------

OfflineCactusdan
Patecatl
Male User Gallery

Re: PEYOTE HUNTING DURING THE WINTER [Re: PoC]
    #11037938 - 09/11/09 12:13 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

The A. fissuratus I'm speaking of come from Texas, are many many years old, are sitting in compost, and the descriptions have very unprofessional sounding terms to describe them.

Granted they may be seed grown, but 25 bucks for a 10-15 year old plants sitting in non-mineral soil, makes me think ot6herwise.

Anyone who as read up on arios know that they prefer a mineral based soil and many if given compost will likely die/not do so hot, seems like an odd thing to miss if they were grown in captivity, butcha never know I guess :shrug:

--------------------

Edited by Cactusdan (09/11/09 12:25 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract