Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineesp0791
Skinny
Male

Loc: Long Island
Re: What is it with people complaining about the taste of mushrooms!? [Re: The Centre]
    #11023223 - 09/08/09 06:35 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I don't mind the taste

--------------------
Peace and Love:mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecloudsaregathering
pasturbater
Male

Loc: ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
Re: What is it with people complaining about the taste of mushrooms!? [Re: pfxtc]
    #11023751 - 09/08/09 07:55 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

wow r you ?

--------------------

"the root of the problem has been isolated"

Edited by cloudsaregathering (09/10/09 09:48 PM)

OfflineJB201
Desert Dweller
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sonoran Desert
Re: What is it with people complaining about the taste of mushrooms!? [Re: mattritt]
    #11023780 - 09/08/09 07:59 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mattritt said:
JB201 that nug in your sig is DANK!!!  That shit has so many trichomes on it, and theyre like big enough to see the structure of em.  Those boomers are nice too.  Is that other picture passionflower or some kind of lotus?

Not sure what the blue flower is, but the yellow flowers are a flowering Copiapoa hypogeae (A kind of globular cactus).

--------------------

OfflineBruce6000
DaGoodDaBombDaBuddha

Re: What is it with people complaining about the taste of mushrooms!? [Re: pfxtc]
    #11023787 - 09/08/09 08:00 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Maybe this is just me, but nausea, puking and mushrooms that taste like rot aren't at the top of my "things I should be grateful for" list.

--------------------
Nothing can enslave you other than your unguided attention

OfflineThisfire
Chiller
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
Re: What is it with people complaining about the taste of mushrooms!? [Re: Bruce6000]
    #11023830 - 09/08/09 08:09 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

They taste pretty bad, but one swig of drink, and dealing with an hour of stomache ache, and 5-6 hours of amazing from there.

Totally worth it.

--------------------

Let your imagination fill in the blanks.
Weed, Salvia, DXM, MDMA, Speed, Azures, Cubes, Nitrous, DMT, LSD /, Peyote, Ayahuasca

Edited by Thisfire (09/08/09 08:10 PM)

OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of the greedy! Flag
    #11024040 - 09/08/09 08:48 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I don't mind the taste at all, dried or fresh. But, when dried the texture really gets to me and I really find that to be the main thing, don't get me wrong, most of it is psychosomatic and I know this because the first time people eat mush' they always say they don't understand why people don't like to eat em', slowly but surely this usually changes to trying different methods so you don't have to ingest the actual fungus or at least don't have to taste it. From teas, to chocolates, to extractions, I would rather choose any route besides chewing on dried mushrooms, yuck, stuck between teeth and the chewing. Ugh. Sorry for not liking to chew on fungus but I eat them for effect not for food, if I want to eat mushrooms for taste I'll get some shiitake or portabelo's.

--------------------
"I don’t do drugs. I am drugs."                -Salvador Dali

"I’ve never had a problem with drugs. I’ve had problems with the police."                                          -Keith Richards

"Reality is a crutch for people who can’t cope with drugs."                                          -Lily Tomlin

Edited by Dr.Myco87 (09/08/09 08:53 PM)

Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

Loc: suiciety Flag
    #11024113 - 09/08/09 09:00 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

pfxtc said:
Quote:

oderus urungus said:
Thats funny, I cant see your sig. But I love cinderella getting banged.

lol my sig is supposed to be like that :smile:

and thanks

all i see is :formula1: all over the place

OfflineMykologist
Often too lazy to post...
Male

Loc: I'm still here...
Re: What is it with people complaining about the taste of mushrooms!? [Re: The Centre]
    #11024166 - 09/08/09 09:06 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

The Centre said:
Seriously!
Damn man, before I had my first shroom trip, I walked 3 miles, stole a cactus out of a person's yard (they had so much, I KNEW that they wouldn't even notice.), and walked back with a 5kg cactus that wouldn't stop bumping on my leg, sliming on my fingers, slipping out, hurting the heck out of me. I then proceeded to boil sayed cactus down to a cupfull of crud. In the filtering process a few peaces fell in and I didn't notice...
I drank this slime with chunks it it with a smile on my face, feeling exited about the oncoming trip. I ended up puking my guts out for 4 hours straight with almost no break inbetween pukes, just enough to breathe, sometimes...
The worst part is, because I didn't know of columnar cacti that wasn't under tricho's (infact, I was under the impression all columnar cacti where tricho's! How wrong I was, lol.) and I used the trichocerius key to identify it, it ended up being inactive.
Yet I embraced the experience as a learning experience and considered myself lucky to be alive...

Now I hear of people complaining about the taste of mushrooms?
Damn some people can be such pussies. Sure they aren't exactly a culinary wonder, but hey, PEOPLE HAVE DEDICATED THERE ENTIRE LIVES TO EXPERIENCE WHAT YOU EXPERIENCE SO OFTEN, AND SO EASILY, AND MOST STILL DON'T EVEN GET TO EXPERIENCE IT! Look at Buddhists, and some native cultures initiation rites... I can promise you that 95% of these adherents wishing to experience pretty much the same thing as the psychedelic experience don't get CLOSE to what you get out of 7g of shrooms, or even 4g! AND YOUR COMPLAINING ABOUT TASTE!?! And some even complain about nausea...

Lol you sound OOOLLDD!  :tardhi: 
  "I had to walk 3 miles in the desert, both ways! Then all I ate was a shittier-than-dirt cactus."
When i first tried mushrooms, i tried to convince myself I liked teh flavor. I finally resigned to the fact that they taste ABSOLUTELY RANCID! I will try cooked fresh cubes soon, but damn! Raw, they're fucking awful.

Then one day, gave my friend some cubies. He said they tasted pretty good. :projectile: It made my stomach churn...
Myk

Edit: I am blessed enough to have never experienced nausea on dose of mushrooms (highest being 4 grams) or on any drug other than alcohol. I have a pretty tough stomach, just pussy-choosy taste-buds.

--------------------

Where would you rather be?

Edited by Mykologist (09/08/09 09:11 PM)

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
Re: What is it with people complaining about the taste of mushrooms!? [Re: Mykologist]
    #11024227 - 09/08/09 09:16 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

it's all in how you chew on them

I have very picky taste buds, but I can chew on dried mushrooms with the front of my mouth for as long as I can hold in all my saliva, to get the sublingual effect...that's what I like to do, and it definitely works.

Fresh are harder to eat, but meh, there are various ways to minimalize that

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Offlineitslogics
.psychonaut.
 User Gallery

Loc: In the Lions Den
Re: What is it with people complaining about the taste of mushrooms!? [Re: Mykologist]
    #11024242 - 09/08/09 09:19 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

texture is what gets me

Offlinepepr
Stranger
Male

Loc: southern idaho
Re: What is it with people complaining about the taste of mushrooms!? [Re: itslogics]
    #11024282 - 09/08/09 09:25 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

O.o'' i've always enjoyed it... ^^ my friends tell me, "ya if you like the taste of shit" ... maybe its cuz i know what's coming next... like enjoying pizza because you know it'll satisfy your hunger

--------------------
"Oh what a curious dream I've had."

Offlinememory_nirvana
nomad
Male User Gallery

Loc: oklahoma
    #11024304 - 09/08/09 09:29 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i actually enjoyed the taste to me its like somewhere in between pistachios and something i cant quite put my finger on but mmmmmm pistachios

--------------------
NOT ALL WHO WANDER ARE LOST

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
Re: What is it with people complaining about the taste of mushrooms!? [Re: memory_nirvana]
    #11024317 - 09/08/09 09:32 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

memory_nirvana said:
i actually enjoyed the taste to me its like somewhere in between pistachios and something i cant quite put my finger on but mmmmmm pistachios

actually different strains have different flavors. Cubensis (the ones ive had any way) can have a very plain and typical mushroom flavor (but less tasty), and blue meanies taste nutty to me

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pudge County, TX
Re: What is it with people complaining about the taste of mushrooms!? [Re: the bizzle]
    #11024318 - 09/08/09 09:32 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

the bizzle said:
it's all in how you chew on them

Yep. I've learned to chew them up in such a way to where I don't taste them at all anymore.

But before I learned to do that, they were still just fine. The damn things are just too amazing to complain about the taste, IMHO.

--------------------
Aka Pudge (the real one, not the bitch ass fake one from 2020)

OfflineBruce6000
DaGoodDaBombDaBuddha

Re: What is it with people complaining about the taste of mushrooms!? [Re: Nifflerz]
    #11024602 - 09/08/09 10:16 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

All this talk about mushroom taste is making me queezy  :puke:

--------------------
Nothing can enslave you other than your unguided attention

Invisibleblazenn
rawdog the whale.
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: What is it with people complaining about the taste of mushrooms!? [Re: the bizzle]
    #11024668 - 09/08/09 10:30 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

the bizzle said:
actually different strains have different flavors. Cubensis (the ones ive had any way) can have a very plain and typical mushroom flavor (but less tasty), and blue meanies taste nutty to me

you mean like "bust a nut" kind of nutty? i see why you enjoy the taste and us heterosexuals don't.

lol i kid i kid :tongue:

Offlinesmokescreen
80's Transformer
Male User Gallery

Loc: north carolina
    #11025940 - 09/09/09 07:14 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I don't like the taste of any mushroom not combined with a steak or chunk of chicken!  The japanese steak houses have it right with the steak/mushroom/rice/zuchini/onion combo with the shrimp sauce.  When it comes to psilocybes though, I just eat em if they're fresh.  If they're dried, tear them into bite size pieces and compriess them with your fingers into a ball and swallow with coca-cola.  Be careful not to take too big a piece as they tend to expand slightly on the way down: don't choke on em!  Mabe one day I'll order kyoto take out and eat my shroooms with a meal... only problem here is decreased absorbsion and less of a peak depending on dose.  I've always gone for an empty stomach for dosing, then end up eating a few hours into the trip.

--------------------
:ganja: "Let's get together and feel alright" :ganja:                  :cubie: :mushroom2::tripping:

Offlineronjohn7779
Stranger

Re: What is it with people complaining about the taste of mushrooms!? [Re: smokescreen]
    #11026190 - 09/09/09 09:12 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

From what I've noticed if a cube is grown correctly it really shouldn't taste like anything aside for a mild medicinal flavor.

--------------------
"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" An American Hero Iron Mike!

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: What is it with people complaining about the taste of mushrooms!? [Re: blazenn]
    #11027967 - 09/09/09 03:01 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

blazenn said:
Quote:

the bizzle said:

you mean like "bust a nut" kind of nutty? i see why you enjoy the taste and us heterosexuals don't.

lol i kid i kid :tongue:

Well, you seem to be the expert, so, I have to ask, do shrooms really taste just like ejaculate? :grin:

jk

I wonder why there is such a difference in taste for people.

I have wondered before if it was just people who didnt like edible mushrooms normally who also didnt like cubes..... but, that seems about 50-50 as well.

Dry shrooms taste like stale unsalted popcorn to me, not much of a "taste" to worry about. Next time I eat some, I am going to salt them. :crazy2:

As far as fresh.....

(quote myself)

Quote:

I agree, Except I kinda like the funky taste.... it is like a strong, warm,wet, earthy undertone throughout the meal, with an alien abduction* sensation striking through the palate when chewed.

*alien abduction = clean,cold,clammy,harsh,slightly noxious, penetrating, violating..... and then you dont remeber what it was like.

:grin:

Invisibleblazenn
rawdog the whale.
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: What is it with people complaining about the taste of mushrooms!? [Re: Shad0w]
    #11028161 - 09/09/09 03:31 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Personally I don't mind the taste of dried cubensis, to me they taste like pecans. it's the texture that gets me. specially when it gets stuck near the back of your throat and you can like inhale the taste or w/e, its hard to explain but thats what always makes me gag. i like powdering the shrooms and mixing with orange or lemon juice, easier to down and seems to come on faster.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains