Home | Community | Message Board

Vesp.co, Inc.
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Question About possible fat content of BRF
    #1101404 - 12/01/02 06:28 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I realize how little you guys think of people who ask dumb questions, and rest assurred that I have done my research before making this post. With this being said let me get to the point. This is my first time attempting any type of fungus cultivation and I am using the PF tek. I have not even purchased any spores yet because I wanted to try out strelizing the substrate first-which I have done. Now, I sterilized four jars last night, let them cool in the p. cooker overnight as suggested and then removed them this morning. They are now enjoying a little RandR in the comfort of my hall closet.

Anyways, starting at the bottom of the jar and working its way up the side to around the middle is a fatty looking substance, not cottony or even furry. Is this just the naturaul fat emmiting from the BRF? Is this a common occurence or did I heat them too long on accident?

I would appreciate a little help here, and I promise I checked around before posting this. I'm no slack ass, I read a shit load of info and vaugley remember so talk of fat content in the husks of Brown Rice, Thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAngry Mycologist

Loc: Galapagos
Re: Question About possible fat content of BRF [Re: HatfieldsMama]
    #1101687 - 12/01/02 09:03 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

It would be much easier to decide if you had a pic....

Can you see little white strands (rhizos) somewhere in the "fat"?

The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation