Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKanibus
Killa KanProductions

Loc: Canada
The Visuals You See
    #1101206 - 12/01/02 04:54 PM (14 years, 8 days ago)

Hey guys whats going on. Whenever I take shrooms, and sometimes when i smoke weed I see visuals when I close my eyes. Now its pretty hard to describe what i see, but its basicly flying colors and patterns that keep changing. But if you look closer and analize them you can relate every shape you see to an object or feeling that you have. Like yesterday i smoked up when i was sick and i closed my eyes and saw flames and red and burning patterns and the visuals werent that positive, but all the times i have done shrooms they patterns are happy and upbeat.. but they all have something to do with what ive been thinking or feeling. Do any of you guys know why you get these visuals or what they meen? They certainly are a very intrigueing thing!

--------------------
~~~~ CHECK THIS SHIT OUT ~~~~
http://www.geocities.com/magicmushroominfo/
http://www.geocities.com/killakanproductions/
~~~~ CHECK THIS SHIT OUT ~~~~

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: The Visuals You See [Re: Kanibus]
    #1101256 - 12/01/02 05:14 PM (14 years, 8 days ago)

There's also the kind of mental images that turn into actual visuals. I mean, there is a thin line between "visuals" and "memories". You know how you can play over events in your mind? I find that when I'm tripping, these memories become very very clear, as if they are being projected onto the back of my eyelids. This requires a very relaxed state of mind. From there you can construct entire scenarios...."realities" if you will.

--------------------

Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: Kanibus]
    #1101307 - 12/01/02 05:33 PM (14 years, 8 days ago)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: The Visuals You See [Re: Anonymous]
    #1101340 - 12/01/02 05:50 PM (14 years, 8 days ago)

Yeah its a giant production put on by my brain.... for my brain :smile:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleMr Wobblehead
WizardExtraordinary &Absolute CocoaSlut

Loc: They tell me it's a hospi...
    #1101385 - 12/01/02 06:15 PM (14 years, 8 days ago)

When you are straight, your brain has to decipher shit loads of sensory inputs into something cohesive and understandable.

If you take sight for instance, the signals getting sent to your brain has the image with your retina, iris, aqueous and vitreous humour (i think that's what they are called), all the blood vessels in the eye balls with the blood cells flowing through them, all superimposed upon the computer screen you are staring at. Your visual cortex filters all the unnecessary shit out so that you are left with a really nice image. It's the same as those super telescopes that have computer programs built into the imaging equipment to remove the effects of hazing through the Earth's atmosphere, and are also capable of combining two or more telescope images together to make the picture even better.

Halucinogens fuck that process up. And you start to see like you are looking through liquid, because you are always looking through liquid. Or you start to see geometric shapes because the image of the cells of your retina that are always superimposed onto your images are not getting filtered out any more.

Your brain then starts going into overdrive trying to make sense of all this strange information and starts to construct things itself and superimposes those things onto the fucked up images to try to make sense back out of them. Your brain has a lifetime of experience that everything must fit into, if it doesn't then it halucinates to make those things fit.

If you feel good about things then those images that your brain creates will be good images, if not then bad. It all depends on how far you take it. if you go for the full on out of body experience, then your brain freaks out completely and creates some amazing shit.

If you're comfortable with the experiences you're having, then increase your dose and get all your senses halucinating. There's some amazing stuff inside of us. One time I was floating around my dna, I just kept on shrinking until i fitted inside a nucleus of one of my cells. Now that's halucinating.

Another way to think about it is that you never sense the truth. All your senses have the normal background sensations removed by the brain. It would be very inconvenient if you could hear the blood pulsing through your ears all day long. I equate this filtering to the ego. Our ego determines what our brain is going to filter out and what it wants to sense. When we take halucinogens we slow this filtering processing down (depending on how much you take of course) and therefore have this feeling of ego loss, because we suddenly start to sense more of the truth than we normally do through our natural senses. So the ego fights back sometimes by creating disturbing images and feelings and feeding those back into the sensory circuits.

Sorry for the essay, but I love this subject.

OfflinePoolShark
Mushroom Farmer

Re: The Visuals You See [Re: Mr Wobblehead]
    #1101413 - 12/01/02 06:37 PM (14 years, 8 days ago)

very interesting!  :smile: 

--------------------
PoolShark

Remember, Every thing I say or write is not based on facts or reality

Offlinepurebliss
simple pleasures

Loc: North Carolina
    #1101859 - 12/01/02 10:17 PM (14 years, 8 days ago)

i love my visuals, whenever, i dont have any shrooms, which are hard to come by sometimes, i toke up as much as i have and turn out the lights and watch acid punk visualization for winamp...it helps get me back into that state of mind...another good substitute is the pinwheel optical illusion download that makes everything turn mushroomy for a couple of seconds.....do a search for it on yahoo or somewhere and download that, i highly recommend it...search for optical illusion pinwheel download

--------------------
Rest high above the cloud of restriction. Don't let your mind be bound by your brain. This will let you achieve pure bliss.

Offlineaguynameddan
100%Satisfaction
Loc: the middle bristle of you...
Re: The Visuals You See [Re: purebliss]
    #1102570 - 12/02/02 01:54 AM (14 years, 8 days ago)

I have glacouma and I dont know if it has anyhthing to do with it or not but I get more visuals then all the people I know I smoke with. Normally when I smoke I see really crazy random images made of the colors behind my eyes. I remember the first time I got really really smoked and closed my eyes and I saw spoons and rocking horses and crazy stuff that didnt make sense at the time.

Then I took shrooms and it was just a complete and totally amazing show.

I personally think its something to do with the human subconcious, like deep repressed stuff , not good or bad.

Im also high as hell right now ....... I love it!

--------------------
Take it easy, and if you can take it easy , take it twice.

OfflinePsiloSteve
Bioinformant
Re: The Visuals You See [Re: aguynameddan]
    #1103447 - 12/02/02 10:59 AM (14 years, 7 days ago)

I've smoked so much pot I didn't know where I was a few times. Never did I have any actual visuals though. That's odd, I've never heard of any of my smoking buddies having any CEVs from smoking

--------------------
Don't worry be happy!

Offlinetheonyxegg
Pantheist
Loc: Midwest
Re: The Visuals You See [Re: PsiloSteve]
    #1103992 - 12/02/02 03:00 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

I get CEV all the time, even when not very high, sometimes sober, just not as vivid. Don't remember is I got them before I did mush though. I find that my CEVs act much like the visuals in a media player and tend to follow along with the music, though often they will break out of the fractals and such and actually show me landscapes and such that I travel through. I think alot of it has to do with how good an imagination you have...

--------------------
"Can you feel IT? It's in everything... All around you all the time."
Don't think about what's right, you already know.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: The Visuals You See [Re: aguynameddan]
    #1104041 - 12/02/02 03:19 PM (14 years, 7 days ago)

I get visuals all the time - its like they've always been here but I just never paid attention to them.

Little colored "strips" that dance about in all directions at all times :smile: Its obviously easy to ignore them, as I've been doing so most of my life, but they're cool to watch if I'm just sitting waiting for somebody or something heh.

and that's just with eyes OPENED..

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (12/02/02 03:20 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience