Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMisanthropeMel
Stranger
Male

Suspected pot gardener turns himself in to police
    #11006669 - 09/05/09 10:36 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Authorities have arrested the suspected marijuana grower whose surveillance camera photo was published in the Tribune earlier this week.

Jeffrey Schultz, 38, of Holmen turned himself in Thursday, the La Crosse County Sheriff's Department said. He was released on bond and has been referred to the district attorney's office on a suggested charge of manufacturing marijuana for what investigators say was a small patch of immature plants found in early July.

A landowner discovered the pot growing on his rural property near West Salem, and investigators installed a motion-activated camera in a tree. Two days later, someone climbed the tree in an apparent attempt to disable the camera and left behind a close-up shot of his face.

The sheriff's department received numerous tips after Schultz's photo appeared in Wednesday's Tribune.

Capt. Kurt Papenfuss also credited Reconyx, the Holmen-based company whose night-vision game camera snapped the picture.

Link

Mod edit: Added missing link

Edited by veggie (09/05/09 11:39 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBrian the Shroom
Stranger
Re: Suspected pot gardener turns himself in to police *DELETED* [Re: MisanthropeMel]
    #11006693 - 09/05/09 10:39 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by Brian the Shroom

Reason for deletion: Deleted

OfflineMisanthropeMel
Stranger
Male

Re: Suspected pot gardener turns himself in to police [Re: Brian the Shroom]
    #11006737 - 09/05/09 10:45 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

It is sickening that a local company gets advertisement in an article about a legal matter. Their product is not unique or special in anyway. Here's the train of thinking...local finds pot on his land, calls police--an officer uses technology that a friend created to catch criminal...at this point, it is decided that after they catch him, they will make the not-out-of-the-norm arrest headlines to advertise for the company and lobby for tax money to purchase the product. This is semi-corruption of law enforcement by a local business, and it is sickening to read an advertisement, pitched by an officer, in an article about a legal matter.

OfflineBrian the Shroom
Stranger
Re: Suspected pot gardener turns himself in to police *DELETED* [Re: MisanthropeMel]
    #11006782 - 09/05/09 10:52 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by Brian the Shroom

Reason for deletion: Deleted

InvisiblePolk_Audio3
Moon Cricket
Male User Gallery

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: Suspected pot gardener turns himself in to police [Re: Brian the Shroom]
    #11006870 - 09/05/09 11:06 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Damn they are serious about that Cameras I mean come on now.:nonono:

--------------------

Invisiblesubject
eat the sun
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Humboldt
Re: Suspected pot gardener turns himself in to police [Re: Polk_Audio3]
    #11007365 - 09/06/09 12:32 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

aw what a dumbass. never turn yourself in. i dont think they would've gotten him if he would've kept his trap shut.

--------------------
nappy then, nappy now, nappy for a bit
knee deep head over heals in this country shit

Offlinepftek

Re: Suspected pot gardener turns himself in to police [Re: subject]
    #11007911 - 09/06/09 03:30 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

he was probably advised by an attorney to turn himself in. seriously they have an extremely close up of his face. i'm sure you all seen it. plus several people obviously don't give two shits about him since that many called to turn him in.

he'll definitely have a mark on his record but he may not end up spending ANY time behind bars. they already gave him the leniency of allowing him to be on bond.

OfflineMorgenstern
WHAT!

Loc: Flag
Re: Suspected pot gardener turns himself in to police [Re: MisanthropeMel]
    #11008162 - 09/06/09 06:51 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MisanthropeMel said:
It is sickening that a local company gets advertisement in an article about a legal matter. Their product is not unique or special in anyway. Here's the train of thinking...local finds pot on his land, calls police--an officer uses technology that a friend created to catch criminal...at this point, it is decided that after they catch him, they will make the not-out-of-the-norm arrest headlines to advertise for the company and lobby for tax money to purchase the product. This is semi-corruption of law enforcement by a local business, and it is sickening to read an advertisement, pitched by an officer, in an article about a legal matter.

QFMFT!

They could of handled this situation different anyways, yet It still makes me sick putting people away behind bars over a plant.

--------------------
Admins can't read graphs.

OfflineMagicMaker
The Lizard King
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Terrapin
Re: Suspected pot gardener turns himself in to police [Re: Morgenstern]
    #11008267 - 09/06/09 07:59 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Its totally this guys fault for not wrecking the camera, are you kidding me?  I would have taken a damn sledge hammer up there or a saw... I guess he probably thought that they had the picture stored online or something streaming video?  Which I seriously doubt so you def need to play on the safe side and at least break the camera in case it was not a streaming video... Fucking Clown.

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: Suspected pot gardener turns himself in to police [Re: MisanthropeMel]
    #11008437 - 09/06/09 09:34 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Wow..his name really was Jeff as some had implied in the original thread.  I thought people were bullshitting but apparently some locals from the area do browse our site.  Best of luck to this poor guy.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals