Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineOverdoseLiving
Get 2 Give
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shroomery
does anyone else think there is a chance there will be really high performance police robots in the
    #11003053 - 09/05/09 05:54 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

future?

--------------------
Mi Vida Loco

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: does anyone else think there is a chance there will be really high performance police robots in [Re: OverdoseLiving]
    #11003064 - 09/05/09 05:59 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Yes.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

OfflineOverdoseLiving
Get 2 Give
Male User Gallery

Re: does anyone else think there is a chance there will be really high performance police robots in [Re: Doc_T]
    #11003090 - 09/05/09 06:11 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Who is that girl BTW?

--------------------
Mi Vida Loco

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
Re: does anyone else think there is a chance there will be really high performance police robots in the [Re: OverdoseLiving]
    #11003103 - 09/05/09 06:17 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

There will be really high performance criminal robots first.

Mark my words.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: does anyone else think there is a chance there will be really high performance police robots in [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #11003114 - 09/05/09 06:26 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:

Mark my words.

I'd count botnets as the first step on that road.

--------------------

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Loc: athens Flag
Re: does anyone else think there is a chance there will be really high performance police robots in [Re: Doc_T]
    #11004209 - 09/05/09 12:58 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Doc_T said:
Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:

Mark my words.

yeah. developing the hardware is going to be the easy part...it's breaking the sentient AI barrier that is going to be a real bitch (or so it seems at this time).

Offlinehidenseek
loafter
Male

Loc: Etoba-mi-coke
Re: does anyone else think there is a chance there will be really high performance police robots in [Re: JT]
    #11004623 - 09/05/09 02:34 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

awww but robots wont let you off with a warning, maybe they cant smell marijuana smoke

Invisiblearainbow
Hippy

Loc: Palnet Earth
Re: does anyone else think there is a chance there will be really high performance police robots in [Re: JT]
    #11005047 - 09/05/09 04:03 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

JT said:
Quote:

Doc_T said:
Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:

Mark my words.

yeah. developing the hardware is going to be the easy part...it's breaking the sentient AI barrier that is going to be a real bitch (or so it seems at this time).

the crooks have always been quite a few steps ahead of the cops and
no doubt always will be the thinking of a cop dose not lend itself to froward thinking
(read before the fact thinking)
we have gotten closer to true sentient AI with our computers
like monkeys have gotten closer to being on the moon by climbing trees

--------------------
There is more joy in heaven over one of us perfected,
  than over ninety-nine naturally evolved angels.

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
Re: does anyone else think there is a chance there will be really high performance police robots in [Re: arainbow]
    #11005163 - 09/05/09 04:32 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

to traffic cameras count?

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

Invisiblearainbow
Hippy

Re: does anyone else think there is a chance there will be really high performance police robots in [Re: arainbow]
    #11005204 - 09/05/09 04:42 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

those license plate covers that are meant to keep ladar from working also keeps those cameras from reading the plate

would computer viruses count as robotic crooks ?
some times all  crook needs is a virus on your computer to steal your ID

--------------------

Invisiblecortex
[ H ] ψ = [ E ] ψ
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gedankenexperiment
    #11005332 - 09/05/09 05:21 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

arainbow said:
no doubt always will be the thinking of a cop dose not lend itself to froward thinking

I tend to agree with this, most police work/technology seems like it has been developed to compensate for criminal technology.  This is not always the case, I am sure, though.  Someone mentioned traffic cam's and license plate blockers, and it's obvious what order those came in.

I think the real question is what a "robot" police officer could offer that a human one could not.  Assuming we can create advanced AI, a robot might be able to take some "human error" out of police work, but I think many of the decisions made by police officers can probably only be made by humans.  If the AI is advanced enough for that, then another advantage (and probably the biggest one) would be that a "robot" cop could obviously out perform it's human counterpart.

I think as robotics, computer science, and AI become more and more advanced, we might start seeing some "robots" or AI built into a cruisers computer, and maybe more search-and-capture robots that help the human police.  I don't foresee squads of robots policing the human public, but if we can make ultra intelligent police robots, then we will also (presumably) be able to make ultra intelligent robots for thousands of other things, and we might need police robots to police the robots :smirk:

--------------------

Signature (up to 750 characters).

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11005730 - 09/05/09 07:27 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

arainbow said:
those license plate covers that are meant to keep ladar from working also keeps those cameras from reading the plate

MythBusters blew that out of the water. Check out the episode, you'll agree.

--------------------

Invisiblecortex
[ H ] ψ = [ E ] ψ
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gedankenexperiment
    #11005745 - 09/05/09 07:33 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Mythbusters showed that it doesn't work with the new top-of-the-line speed trap.  My problem with that episode is that I don't think most speed cams are nearly as good as the one they were using.

--------------------

Signature (up to 750 characters).

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands Flag
Re: does anyone else think there is a chance there will be really high performance police robots in the [Re: OverdoseLiving]
    #11008233 - 09/06/09 07:42 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I doubt we'll see police bots with strong AI in our lifetime (scientists, prove me wrong please!). But I can imagine fleets of small semi-autonomous airborne patrol drones which detect suspicious behavior and relay video back to human operators, who could use them to track suspects and maybe even deploy tazers or netting or something to assist in apprehension. The military is already using similar technology so it seems inevitable it will trickle down eventually.

Offlinehidenseek
loafter
Male

Loc: Etoba-mi-coke
Re: does anyone else think there is a chance there will be really high performance police robots in the [Re: Ythan]
    #11008360 - 09/06/09 08:54 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

not till the wars over those camera planes are over seas

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: does anyone else think there is a chance there will be really high performance police robots in [Re: Ythan]
    #11012907 - 09/07/09 02:21 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

We could build robots to sniff out drunk drivers and pluck them out of traffic, lifting the car to a tow yard.  That would be cool!!!

Invisiblearainbow
Hippy

Re: does anyone else think there is a chance there will be really high performance police robots in [Re: cortex]
    #11016543 - 09/07/09 07:15 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

cortezthekiller said:
Quote:

arainbow said:

I tend to agree with this, most police work/technology seems like it has been developed to compensate for criminal technology.  This is not always the case, I am sure, though.  Someone mentioned traffic cam's and license plate blockers, and it's obvious what order those came in.

I think the real question is what a "robot" police officer could offer that a human one could not.  Assuming we can create advanced AI, a robot might be able to take some "human error" out of police work, but I think many of the decisions made by police officers can probably only be made by humans.  If the AI is advanced enough for that, then another advantage (and probably the biggest one) would be that a "robot" cop could obviously out perform it's human counterpart.

I think as robotics, computer science, and AI become more and more advanced, we might start seeing some "robots" or AI built into a cruisers computer, and maybe more search-and-capture robots that help the human police.  I don't foresee squads of robots policing the human public, but if we can make ultra intelligent police robots, then we will also (presumably) be able to make ultra intelligent robots for thousands of other things, and we might need police robots to police the robots :smirk:

the plate covers are polarized 90deg away from the ladars polarization they were out 5 years before traffic cams were deployed to enforce laws
for the most part science is clue less about how intelligence works
and are light years away from general purpose intelligence (common sense natural language you still use a key board )

--------------------

OfflineLinux
Elite Grey Hat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Eastpointe, MI 48021 Flag
    #11016911 - 09/07/09 08:15 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I think it's very possible already to make a drug dealing robot that just sits against a wall and looks human from a police cruiser enough to possible be profitable. But a robbing robot would not have to look human just be armed to the teeth and be remotely controlled.

I had this idea in like 2002 - 2003

--------------------

I'm just a psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy.

OfflineOverdoseLiving
Get 2 Give
Male User Gallery

Re: does anyone else think there is a chance there will be really high performance police robots in [Re: Linux]
    #11017371 - 09/07/09 09:49 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

LoL

--------------------
Mi Vida Loco

Offlineecho
Stranger

Re: does anyone else think there is a chance there will be really high performance police robots in [Re: OverdoseLiving]
    #11029053 - 09/09/09 06:06 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

As far as robots go, they are always limited by their application. Lets just hope that police robots will take a long while to show their face, drugs are way too fun.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order