Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineShroomerRoss
Male

Two Filipinos jailed plus 10 strokes
    #10997959 - 09/04/09 12:04 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

are the 10 strokes really necessary:shrug:

Quote:

Daily Express, Malaysia

Friday 04 Sep 2009

Kota Kinabalu: Two Filipinos were jailed 11 years and 10 years and ordered given 10 strokes of the cane each by the Sessions Court here Thursday for being in possession of drugs.

Painter Mukim Tamang, 49, was found guilty of having 11 packets of syabu weighing 38.76gm at 9.15pm on Dec 11, 2007 at a roadside in Inanam Jaya, Inanam.

Judge Ismail Brahim ordered Mukim to serve his 11 years' imprisonment from the date of his arrest on Dec 11, 2007.

In his judgement, Ismail held that the prosecution had proved its case beyond reasonable doubt.

Counsel Hamid Ismail, who represented Mukim, applied for leniency, saying it was the accused's first offence and that the amount of drug was not massive.

Hamid said his client, who had been under remand for two years, has two wives with eight children aged between one and nine years.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Shukor Abu Bakar, however, urged the court to impose a deterrent sentence on the grounds that drugs are the country's number one enemy.

He said the court should not only see the drug amount but the impact of drugs on society.

Mukim was found guilty after seven prosecution and six defence witnesses testified.

Meanwhile, the other Filipino, Rena Hassan, was ordered to serve 10 years' jail after he pleaded guilty to having 195.6gm of cannabis.

Clothing seller Rena, 35, had committed the offence at about 4.32pm on Sept 18, 2008 at a temporary car park in Karamunsing complex, Jalan Bukit Nanas.

Rena was not represented. The court also ordered both Mukim and Rena to be referred to the immigration authorities after serving their prison sentences.

http://www.dailyexpress.com.my/news.cfm?NewsID=67450

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinejadels215

Re: Two Filipinos jailed plus 10 strokes [Re: ShroomerRoss]
    #10998598 - 09/04/09 02:20 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i heard theres a zero tolerance policy on drugs in the philippines.

it was real sketch when i was there trying to buy weed, my cousins told me if i was caught id be put in jail for at least 15 years, or if it was a lot be put to death. i think they were just trying to bug me out though.

that 10 strokes though, that is a little much.

Invisiblebuddhabadger
Evil Overlord

Loc: The Forest
Re: Two Filipinos jailed plus 10 strokes [Re: jadels215]
    #10998731 - 09/04/09 02:48 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

jadels215 said:

it was real sketch when i was there trying to buy weed, my cousins told me if i was caught id be put in jail for at least 15 years, or if it was a lot be put to death. i think they were just trying to bug me out though.

that 10 strokes though, that is a little much.

From everything I've read and our Filipino friends I've spoken to, yes, the drug laws there really are that harsh. It's just that they're not really always enforced. Your cousins weren't trying to freak you out.

--------------------
- I don't abuse drugs; in fact, I think I treat them quite nicely. -

OfflineNobodyImportant
Stranger
Male

Loc: Jawjuh.
    #10998748 - 09/04/09 02:51 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

im surprised thats all that one got for having over an ounce of meth

OfflineShroomerRoss
Male

Re: Two Filipinos jailed plus 10 strokes [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #10999044 - 09/04/09 03:42 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i wander whether you could offput the person who canes you by pretending to enjoy it. like some sort of spanking fetish. :hamsterdance:

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uk / Philippines
    #11000772 - 09/04/09 09:19 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

jadels215 said:

these sentences were handed out in malaysia btw, not the philippines.

you are right about the strict drug laws in the philippines though.
you won't be put to death for mere possesion, it's drug traffickers that they target for the death penalty.
i've been there twice this year and there are signs in manila airport that say "death to drug traffickers" !

--------------------
View My Gallery

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: Two Filipinos jailed plus 10 strokes [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #11033939 - 09/10/09 02:35 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

ya malaysia is really harsh....when we were there we were talking to some people about the trafficking between malaysia and thailand and although they (malaysia) put on a big game face, they pretty much allow the big guys to roll, and get their payoffs...it seemed pretty common knowledge and nothing so out of the ordinary....but the little guys and users are made examples of so they fry like little piggies :frown:

travelling throughout SE Asia, i have preferred to stay clean, jsut in case....and those drug traffickers are sentenced to death signs they have everywhere certainly keep things twirling in teh back of the mind :lol:

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service