Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFoamingShrooms
Stranger
Take it slow or balls to the wall?
    #10997675 - 09/04/09 08:34 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

My friend and I have been looking for acid for about 6 months now with no luck. We've done mushrooms together 3 times and loved it the first 2 times (3rd batch wasn't very strong). We went our separate ways for college a few weeks ago, so our dream of dropping acid together was put on hold til summer.

But wait! A few days ago, a friend of mine with connections told me about another dude we know who found some Lucy and is selling it. A few text messages later and I found myself buying 6 hits of blotter.

It works out perfectly because Saturday is my birthday, so I'm going to drive up to my friend's apartment at his school and we're gonna trip all day. My question to you guys is this:

How much should we take? I know it's hard to say because you don't know the potency (and neither do I). Should we both say "fuck it" and take 3 each and go nuts? Should we both take 1, then wait an hour and see if we want to take more? Or just take 2 each, and save 2 for another day since it's hard to find usually? We want to trip hard, but if 2 hits each will get the job done, why waste the others?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAlexP
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
Re: Take it slow or balls to the wall? [Re: FoamingShrooms]
    #10997690 - 09/04/09 08:39 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Respect.

--------------------
"To feel today what one felt yesterday isn't to feel - it's to remember today what was felt yesterday, to be today's living corpse of what yesterday was lived and lost." Fernando Pessoa

"When one creates phantoms for oneself, one puts vampires into the world, and one must nourish these children of a voluntary nightmare with one's blood, one's life, one's intelligence, and one's reason, without ever satisfying them." Eliphas Levi

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." Aleister Crowley

"The Universe is an artistic catharsis." Artifex Infinitum

InvisibleDr. Siekadellyk
Look at the corruption!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Floating amidst nothing Flag
Re: Take it slow or balls to the wall? [Re: FoamingShrooms]
    #10997731 - 09/04/09 08:49 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

eat 2:shrug:thats what i do when i dont know the potency

--------------------
-My ISO list-

-My trade list-

InvisibleAlexP
 User Gallery

Re: Take it slow or balls to the wall? [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #10997735 - 09/04/09 08:54 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

What if it was from Europe?

--------------------
"To feel today what one felt yesterday isn't to feel - it's to remember today what was felt yesterday, to be today's living corpse of what yesterday was lived and lost." Fernando Pessoa

"When one creates phantoms for oneself, one puts vampires into the world, and one must nourish these children of a voluntary nightmare with one's blood, one's life, one's intelligence, and one's reason, without ever satisfying them." Eliphas Levi

"The joy of life consists in the exercise of one's energies, continual growth, constant change, the enjoyment of every new experience. To stop means simply to die. The eternal mistake of mankind is to set up an attainable ideal." Aleister Crowley

InvisibleDr. Siekadellyk
Look at the corruption!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Floating amidst nothing Flag
Re: Take it slow or balls to the wall? [Re: AlexP]
    #10997855 - 09/04/09 09:33 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

AlexP said:

:confused:

--------------------
-My ISO list-

-My trade list-

OfflineSeniorCoolo
Re: Take it slow or balls to the wall? [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #10998034 - 09/04/09 10:19 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
Quote:

AlexP said:

:confused:

Then it would be really snooty and not bathe.

OfflineAnarchyXx420xX
nomnomnom
Male User Gallery

Re: Take it slow or balls to the wall? [Re: SeniorCoolo]
    #10998093 - 09/04/09 10:30 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

eat 1 and have a low dose trip first to test the water, you can always up the dose another time with you atlleast knowing the batch. DOx can be a bitch especially with a trip range at 18+ hours.

--------------------
:apple: I love ratings :apple:

Invisiblepwnasaurus
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Take it slow or balls to the wall? [Re: AnarchyXx420xX]
    #10998159 - 09/04/09 10:47 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

If you know it's acid, and this is the only time you've ever found it, and you only have 6 hits - take it all.

Offlinedummy
I am you and what I see is me

Re: Take it slow or balls to the wall? [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #10998340 - 09/04/09 11:29 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

if you're sure it's acid, split it 50-50 with your friend and take it all at once. but it sounds like you aren't too sure, maybe you should take one to confirm, then after a day or two split the remainder with your friend. better safe than sorry.

--------------------
People never seem to know what they least suspect is coming next.

InvisibleHiei
8======><=====8
Male User Gallery

Re: Take it slow or balls to the wall? [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #10998390 - 09/04/09 11:39 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

pwnasaurus said:
If you know it's acid, and this is the only time you've ever found it, and you only have 6 hits - take it all.

how does he know its acid? seriously, dont take such a big dose your first time. You can always find it again.

--------------------
â—„â–ºÛžâ—„â–º

Offlinedummy
I am you and what I see is me

Re: Take it slow or balls to the wall? [Re: Hiei]
    #10998403 - 09/04/09 11:41 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

dude i live in the sf bay and it isn't that easy to come by if you aren't in that crowd. that 'crowd' isn't the only group of people that like to, or want to take acid.

--------------------
People never seem to know what they least suspect is coming next.

Offlinedubhuman
shit abyss
Female User Gallery

Loc: NY
Re: Take it slow or balls to the wall? [Re: AnarchyXx420xX]
    #10998438 - 09/04/09 11:47 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

AnarchyXx420xX said:
eat 1 and have a low dose trip first to test the water, you can always up the dose another time with you atlleast knowing the batch. DOx can be a bitch especially with a trip range at 18+ hours.

Very true, my first time I thought I was taking two hits of acid and ended up taking two hits of god knows what, was out of my mind for 20 hours or so and not in a good way. Barely remembered what happened but I apparently was laying down in the street blocking traffic hysterically laughing, running around really out of control. My friends had to lock me in a car for a while to keep me out of trouble, etc etc. No bueno.

OfflineTranquil Toad
A.I. Living Inside the Internet

Re: Take it slow or balls to the wall? [Re: dubhuman]
    #10998541 - 09/04/09 12:07 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I'd take all 3. Acid is rare and you may not find it for a while, I'd rather take too much than too little. With the potency of most blotters these days, 3 really isn't very much. Of course you don't know for sure, its a gamble, but if it was me I would jump right in.

InvisibleBiG_StroOnZ
Male User Gallery

Re: Take it slow or balls to the wall? [Re: Tranquil Toad]
    #10998658 - 09/04/09 12:31 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

You have 6 hits total. If they are decent, two hits should suffice, which is why you need to use one as a "tester." Take half of one of them a bit earlier, smoke a few bowls or joints to get a feel for it. That way you can determine the potency.

Like you said, take a smaller amount and wait some time. I would take a half (split one hit with your friend), wait a couple hours and smoke some nice buds. Maybe do some whip-its too (pretty much required for tripping IMO). Then you'll get a feel for the substance itself and an idea of how potent they are. Depending on the potency of that half of a hit, will determine how much you want to take between you and your friend. Either way you'll end up being able to take up to 2.5 hits, which should be more than enough for your first time.

Just make sure you start early if you plan on testing one of the hits so it will give you enough time for your "actual" dosing and trip.

InvisibleAlexP
 User Gallery

Re: Take it slow or balls to the wall? [Re: Tranquil Toad]
    #10998693 - 09/04/09 12:38 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know why in a forum of supposedly experienced psychedelic users there's so much wrong advice.

The rule of thumb is to start low and work your way up. LSD has done me around 1000 times and I would never advise someone to take such a high dose. It's my drug of choice and yes, I like 500 microgram doses and I like to stay tripping for a whole week but guys, it's his first time!

With LSD here in Europe, you take 1 average blotter for a very good 12-14 hours experience. Some of my experienced friends take half a blotter. If this is good LSD, with one blotter for your first time you're out of yourself.

Start low, test for potency and tolerance and work your way up.

--------------------

InvisibleAlexP
 User Gallery

#10998704 - 09/04/09 12:41 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Like Big_Stroonz said.

--------------------

OfflineFoamingShrooms
Stranger

#10998869 - 09/04/09 01:11 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I appreciate the advice guys.

To the people asking if I'm sure it's acid. I guess I can't be sure since I'm not a chemist with a lab, but I got it from a trusted friend, and he told me he himself that he took 2 hits and had a great trip.

Tomorrow (my birthday) is gonna be the only day I see the friend I mentioned in the original post until winter probably. So I don't really want to just test out a small dose and see what happens. I want to maximize our experience/fun.

Right now what I'm leaning towards is having each of us take 2 hits to start off with and go from there.

Any more advice is appreciated.

InvisiblePsilocypher
Explorer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
    #10998871 - 09/04/09 01:11 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

AlexP said:
With LSD here in Europe, you take 1 average blotter for a very good 12-14 hours experience. Some of my experienced friends take half a blotter. If this is good LSD, with one blotter for your first time you're out of yourself.

Start low, test for potency and tolerance and work your way up.

Where abouts in Europe you in buddy? UK? I'm trying to get hold of some so just wondering if they're usually that strong in UK. One blotter or half blotter for first timer?

--------------------

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

Re: Take it slow or balls to the wall? [Re: Psilocypher]
    #10998946 - 09/04/09 01:21 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Some acid can be really strong man so careful.
i have had 1 hit of DOx sold to me as acid and I tripped for 20hours.

Take half a hit to test it out and based on that experience you should be able to tell if u need 1 hit or 2.

Most acid I get I need 2 hits but every now and then we get really potent stuff and you need only 1 hit.

--------------------

Take it easy dude, but take it!

Offlineclemens
Lover
 User Gallery

Re: Take it slow or balls to the wall? [Re: clemens]
    #10998953 - 09/04/09 01:23 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

if its not bunk acid you should feel half a hit

--------------------

Take it easy dude, but take it!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom