Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Light-heavy fight of the century
    #10987959 - 09/02/09 05:07 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Some of you may disagree with me, but i think after all the dust settled in this whole merging mess....

these two are the most legit contenders in this division.

Making predictions on this fight are for fools.

Machida has never fought a fighter at the caliber of Shogun.  And obviously Shogun's never fought a figher as thoroughly solid as Machida.

Both are BJJ black belts.  Both have trained in standup forms of martial arts their entire lives.  Both have succeeded against a career full of top ranked fighters.

There is no way in my eyes do i see a boring fight.

Machida anally raped Evans.  Shogun anally raped Rampage.  Quinton says Shogun is the best fighter he's ever faced.  And obvious Rashad's feeling is mutual.

I dont think there are any other fighers, barring say Rogerio Nogueira, who are more well rounded in this weight class.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSticky Green
Male

Re: Light-heavy fight of the century [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #10988708 - 09/02/09 07:23 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I think we'll see the best shogun we've seen in two years. But he still gets his ass kicked, Machida KO in the 2nd.

I like shogun, seems like a nice guy. But there's no way in hell he deserves a title shot.

OfflineBeefWatson
Beefmaster

Re: Light-heavy fight of the century [Re: Sticky Green]
    #10990093 - 09/02/09 11:51 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i think there will be a high accuracy strike count

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#10990549 - 09/03/09 01:41 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Sticky Green said:
I think we'll see the best shogun we've seen in two years. But he still gets his ass kicked, Machida KO in the 2nd.

I like shogun, seems like a nice guy. But there's no way in hell he deserves a title shot.

shogun getting koed? 

Did you follow his career in pride?

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

InvisibleSticky Green
Male

#10990705 - 09/03/09 02:58 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Wouldn't say I followed his career. But I've seen most his fights.

The Coleman fight was painful to watch. Shogun actually made Coleman look good in that fight. KOing liddell is nothing special and this is after a loss to forest.

If shogun had 1 more fight for contender status I wouldn't be so pissed. Ma bey a Jardine. Thiago or forest rematch.

The bottom line is... The only reason Shogun gets this shot is because Rampage and Rashad are busy playing grab ass on TUF.

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#10990756 - 09/03/09 03:28 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Sticky Green said:
Wouldn't say I followed his career. But I've seen most his fights.

The Coleman fight was painful to watch. Shogun actually made Coleman look good in that fight. KOing liddell is nothing special and this is after a loss to forest.

If shogun had 1 more fight for contender status I wouldn't be so pissed. Ma bey a Jardine. Thiago or forest rematch.

The bottom line is... The only reason Shogun gets this shot is because Rampage and Rashad are busy playing grab ass on TUF.

Fair enough.  Atleast you're honest about your stance, which i can respect.

I agree that it was a little early for Shogun to get the title shot, but again I think it's another basic example of why UFC rushes into some marquee matchups too quickly, which depletes a division of contenders.

All i'll say is, back in 2005, Mauricio completed the greatest run through a field of LHW talent ever completed.  Period.

If he returns to form, which is possible considering his age, he presents a set of challenges that Machida has not dealt with yet.

But i'm not saying shogun is the favorite in this fight.  This is his toughest challenge encountered in a very long time.  As strange as this sounds, I think the fight will be determined on the ground.

--------------------

InvisibleSticky Green
Male

#10992411 - 09/03/09 12:55 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Didn't mean to come off as a hater. And I agree Shogun was phenominal in 05.

Maybe it's a good thing were seeing this fight now,Despite the circumstances.
Otherwise we might end up with a Liddell/Wanderlei or Nog/Couture 4 years after the fact.

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#10993515 - 09/03/09 04:31 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

yeah fo show, i hear yah.

Whats funny is that on the way over to the photo shoot, Shogun and Machida were given plane tickets assigned right next to each other.

Mauricio says they became good friends and that he really likes Lyoto.

Both guys are pure class in this sport, they really are.

--------------------

InvisibleSticky Green
Male

#10993602 - 09/03/09 04:51 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Would have loved to have been in the seat behind them.

"Hey, psst, that guy beside you keeps mean muggin you dawg. And he said some nasty things bout yo momma".

Hmm, they'd probably beat my ass in the parking garage. Maybe it's a good thing I don't speak Portuguese

Na but seriously, I'm sure these guys have a lot of respect for each other.

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #10996680 - 09/04/09 01:34 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i think shogun is the better grappler, on the ground and in the clinch

machida obviously has the striking advantage

shogun by GNP round 3 :smile:

InvisibleMrSinister
Uncle T
Male User Gallery

Loc: Outworld
Re: Light-heavy fight of the century [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #11000141 - 09/04/09 05:43 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I'll take that bet.... Machida round three  stoppage victory...

I know nobody has done it to Shogun yet, but Machida is going to pick him apart systematically, catch him, and beat him.  That's my prediction of this fight..  I have argued this before, and like i said before what was 5 years ago isn't today.. Shogun really has shown me nothing great since coming into the UFC. His last fight where he beat Chuck, all i have to say is who hasn't lately? And if Colman had fought how he did in his  last match i believe Colman would have beat Shogun.     

Shogun is a test for Machida no doubt, but Machida is right now the best Light heavyweight in the world in mine, and allot of people's eyes, and Shogun has to beat him for the title.

--------------------

"They look like psychos? Is that what they looked like? They were vampires. Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits 'em. I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

"Eric Stratton.. Rush chairman.. Damn glad to meet you.."

OfflineLiquidSmoke

Re: Light-heavy fight of the century [Re: MrSinister]
    #11000228 - 09/04/09 05:57 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i think it all depends on if shogun can take machida down.

If he can, he would be able to follow through with his gameplan.

In the standup, Machida's the better fighter, and i also give him the edge in octagon experience obviously.

But what makes this fight more interesting, is how both fighters are evolving.

Machida, usually known as a passive fighter with spirts of combinations, is becoming more aggressive as he advances in his career.

But Shogun is becoming more of a defensive fighter, not as wreckless as he used to be.

Gawd i cant wait for this fight.

--------------------

InvisibleMrSinister
Uncle T
Male User Gallery

#11000438 - 09/04/09 06:23 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Shogun to me should have been the Pride Middleweight champion. There is no doubt that he was the best 205 fighter at the time he was ranked 1.  I always thought him valuing his team, and brotherhood with Wanderli over fighting  for the title was the classiest thing in MMA. 

I hope nobody gets me wrong on what i am saying.. Shogun is a test, but i been down with Lyoto since he stepped into the UFC, and that's my fighter.  This is the war of Brazil count on it..

--------------------

"They look like psychos? Is that what they looked like? They were vampires. Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits 'em. I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #11002564 - 09/05/09 01:37 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MrSinister said:
I'll take that bet.... Machida round three  stoppage victory...

I know nobody has done it to Shogun yet, but Machida is going to pick him apart systematically, catch him, and beat him.  That's my prediction of this fight..  I have argued this before, and like i said before what was 5 years ago isn't today.. Shogun really has shown me nothing great since coming into the UFC. His last fight where he beat Chuck, all i have to say is who hasn't lately? And if Colman had fought how he did in his  last match i believe Colman would have beat Shogun.     

Shogun is a test for Machida no doubt, but Machida is right now the best Light heavyweight in the world in mine, and allot of people's eyes, and Shogun has to beat him for the title.

few things on shogun, first of all he's shown an evolving game

show me another shogun fight where he was using head movement like he was with chuckie? whoever he is boxing with now has him looking more technically sound.

shogun doesnt ever let people pick him apart. he always gets in for a takedown when his standup isnt cutting it. lets also not forget he was the first guy to takedown coleman. also he took down chuck liddell, which isnt easy. we cant pretend lyoto is impossible to takedown, look at the sokodjou fight.

shogun can throw an interesting array of strikes, much like machida. sure machida has is karate which isnt common in the octagon. dont forget how crazy shogun's leg kicks are...some of the best in mma. shit, in the coleman fight he was throwing leg kicks from the thai clinch, first ive seen that. also when chuck was coming forward and shogun was on the defensive, and backing up , he was still able to deliver a devastating body kick.

sure shogun had a couple shit fights after being riddled with injuries and surgeries. his own fault for getting married weeks before forrest and showing up fat. ill guarantee u he shows up in peak condition for lyoto.

i know everyone is on machida's nuts now and touting him has invincible, but he's been hit. the guy was seriously tested by a LW in BJ Penn.

i believe machida will be bested on the ground. shogun has seriously underrated bjj. dude omoplataed fuckin arona, u cant tell me machida has a better floor game than arona.

InvisibleMrSinister
Uncle T
Male User Gallery

Re: Light-heavy fight of the century [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #11003249 - 09/05/09 07:57 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

First KOT you can ask ask anybody who i talk MMA on here with, i been preaching Lyoto Machida  for a lonnnnngg time, so i am not just somebody who jumped on his nuts since he won a title. :rotfl:

I  really am not going to argue this point anymore because it's useless.. (Go back to the Smoke vs me discussions of Machida Vs Shogun, and see my full feelings.. :rotfl:)

I mean your right about the BJ Penn fight, but how many years ago was that?  I can show fights of Anderson Silva losing in his early days, but since has become one of the pound for pound best.  Machida has advanced greatly since BJ Penn( who he beat), and at this moment and time is the man to beat at 205.  I think Machida easily proved in his last three fights why he is the champion, and why Shogun better come at his best if he hopes to beat him. 

So see it how you see it, and after the fight we will discuss it...  Again it will be a good fight..  May the better man win.

Machida third round stoppage over Shogun.

--------------------

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#11007929 - 09/06/09 03:39 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I think the fight will depend alot on if shogun can take machida down.

Aside from that i will say that Mauricio has fought oustanding standup fighters before in Rogerio (brazilian olympic boxer), Diabate (french muay thai champion), and Alistair Overeem (just beat Remy Bonjasky in a k-1 ring).

--------------------

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#11283511 - 10/20/09 11:23 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

it's coming up boys and girls....

--------------------

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
    #11284464 - 10/20/09 02:01 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

:cheer:

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

OfflineLiquidSmoke

Re: Light-heavy fight of the century [Re: Jadian]
    #11284752 - 10/20/09 02:42 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yeaaaahhh boyyyyy

this is as good as it gets in this sport.

For me this is like the light-heavyweight fedor-crocop

--------------------

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #11294610 - 10/21/09 07:23 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

YES, THIS IS THE FUCKING FIGHT OF THE CENTURY!!! NOBODY FUCKING BELIEVED ME!!!  THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST FIGHT SINCE CHUCK LIDDELL VS RANDY COUTURE 1

Fucking seriously.  I AM PUMPED.  Deep down inside, I'm a Machida fan boy, but I gotta say that Shogun was incredibly impressive in Pride, but I have not been impressed with him in the UFC.  His cardio was weak vs Griffin and Coleman, but his fight vs Chuck showed evolution and "maturity."  But I still think this is Machida's best decorated opponent ever.

By the way, Griffin's career was SAVED by the fight vs Shogun Rua.  Griffin was unbelievably fortunate to fight an unprepared and injured class A fighter.  I am excited to see the rematch vs Ortiz, but it would have been better to see a Griffin vs. Shogun rematch or SOMETHING to ensure that Shogun should even be fighting Machida....

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom