Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetoobsac
Stranger
Manure/Straw Problem need Help
    #1097446 - 11/29/02 11:42 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, i already studied every tek a million times over ... Completed two hongus casing with 2 pf cakes each , with good results ; about 1z from the first flush between the two. Id like to move on to something a little more advanced and will either do a manure/compost tek, or straw tek ... I only have access to store bought materials, and was considering either scotts 3 in 1 compost or just plain wheat straw. I guess what im asking is what is the best way i can increase results alot, with out getting over my head. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated THANKS

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGLOCK_357
Bezerker
Loc: hell
Re: Manure/Straw Problem need Help [Re: toobsac]
    #1097697 - 11/30/02 01:50 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

have you looked into any rye grain teks they are hard to find any more but ive heard u get a plastic lawn pool full!

OfflineignuF
Monster Mycologist

Loc: Wonderland
Re: Manure/Straw Problem need Help [Re: toobsac]
    #1098046 - 11/30/02 08:44 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Well if you don't want to get in over your head I would go with a compost tek.  Straw contaminates very easily.    Scots 3 in 1 is one of the few store bought composts that actually work.  You may find some mixes to preform very poorly or not at all.  Worm castings work great if you can find them (maybe at a feed store or garden shop).    You will need some birdseed (Penningtons Wild Bird Seed) to colonize first.    You can also use rye berries or wheat berries, ask for these at a local feed store.  Here is a good illustrated grain preperation tek :laugh:  Grain tek 101    Use the colonized grain to spawn onto your compost :wink:  Let the substrate completly colonize then case!  You could look around for more options,  you will find alot of info here:  T.O.M.C.  and of course in the archives here! :laugh: 

--------------------
All the above information is for microscopic research only! 

Life is short so make a dent in the world so people can tell you were here!

Offlinetoobsac
Stranger
Re: Manure/Straw Problem need Help [Re: ignuF]
    #1098247 - 11/30/02 11:28 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks guys i think i'll go with a manure tek spawing with birdseed or brf cakes : one other question , i didnt see much of in the archives is about using brown rice as a substrate by itself ... theres lots of illustrations showing how to do it, but i dont see anyone using this tek in the forums ; like there s no results out there. Does anyone use this stuff by itself in a casing and get decent results?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate