Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Lions Mane Humidity question
    #10855173 - 08/13/09 07:21 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Would it be a problem if i made a shotgun fc for my lions mane?I heard that lions mane likes about 80% rh, would getting it higher cause a problem?  I bought a grow bag from fungi perfect and am hoping i can make some culture from it when im done. It did come with a plastic bag to tie around to help with humidity, but i dont know if thats going to work that well. Any thoughts?  Here is what it looks like now

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

Edited by TacoHerder (08/13/09 07:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Lions Mane Humidity question [Re: TacoHerder]
    #10855436 - 08/13/09 07:57 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Lion's mane can tolerate a much lower humidity than most species, but it requires lots of fresh air.  Mine didn't do too well in a shotgun, instead looking for the holes to escape into ambient air.  We've had several growers who have cultivated hericium in open air with no terrarium or humidity tent at all.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Lions Mane Humidity question [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #10855526 - 08/13/09 08:13 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

So im good with leaving it in my room at 70 degrees and just mist the inside of the tent a few times a day? It gets alot of indirect light from my window, which my bag is not near. Its really not good to place it by a window and point the shades down so the sun isnt baring down on it? Thanks for the help.

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

#10974240 - 08/31/09 05:44 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Well from lack of being able to mist as much as required on this first flush i had to pull them a little earlier then i wanted.  Since they started to slightly bruise.  Off my first flush i got 4 oz fresh

My gf cooked some type of lions mane with green beens, i guess it was like a green been caserole but she added the mushrooms.  Apparently she loved them and cant wait for the next flush.  Maybe i can get the 2 flush to mature and develop the spines that hang down(not sure what they are called).  I guess for misting 1 time a day and having the room temp at 70 degrees, i got some decent results.  Anyone got any pointers for the second time around?

--------------------

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #10975432 - 08/31/09 08:26 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

If the bag that came with the kit has a few slits for air exchange, try leaving it in there.  I've had a few really good Hericium grows in filter patch bags that were cut open for fresh air.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Lions Mane Humidity question [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #10975453 - 08/31/09 08:31 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Thats what i had to do when i got it.  i cut about 6 x cuts about 1 inch in length.  I just only abletomist1 time a day:sad:  The good news is i pulled the last one off the bag today and it had some spines that started growing, but i guess when i harvested the first couple i was too agressive and bruised the one i was waiting on.  We live and learn.:shrug:  I cant wait till winter so i can get a martha and grow some more edibles, i want to grow all the types of oyster mushrooms and maybe some reishi.  My gf loved the taste of these very much so i was happy.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates