Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebirdbrain84
we are living in the future
Female User Gallery

Loc: nv
why do YOU have a bad trip?
    #10974316 - 08/31/09 05:55 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

a few months ago i had a "bad" shroom trip where in the beginning it was so intense that i couldnt control myself at all. i got stuck in a loop where i kept seeing the same things over and over again..like a movie stuck on repeat

it was a bad trip, but i still think it was the most amazing experience of my life.
i really wanted to learn from my trip but i could barely remember it at all..its like once i came out of it my memory was wiped clean besides a few short memories of my trip.
then the next time i took acid i saw some of the same things i saw on that shroom trip, but i didnt freak out because it was less intense. while on acid i remembered part of the trip,
so i decided each time i tripped i would try to figure out my shroom trip and try to remember it, so that way i might be able to understand what it means.

i tripped a few times on other things since the shroom trip (but i havent been able to find shrooms since that trip). each trip i felt closer to figuring it out, but my trips were not intense enough to understand/remember it completely.

until yesterday.
a few days ago i tried salvia for the first time (40x) and i tripped, but i was a little dissapointed with the effects.
so yesterday i did a whippet first and then took 2 or 3 hits of salvia right away and it was amazing!!

i guess you could call it a bad trip because i got a little scared. i got trapped in a cycle or loop again. i saw the same things repeated about 3 times, and it was so intense i didnt even realize i was tripping, so i got scared because i thought i was stuck in a loop and couldnt get out, but before i had time to get too scared i came down a little and realized that i was just tripping and that made me so happy! it was just such a great feeling, i felt like i accomplished my mission
i felt like i finally figured out my shroom trip.

i now know why i had that bad shroom trip it was because it got so intense that i didnt even know i was tripping, everything looks so different that im not even in this world..and my brain gets trapped in a loop.

sorry this was so long, but what i was meaning to ask was:
does anyone else ever experience getting trapped in a loop that you feel like youll never come out of??

and if not, what causes a bad trip for you?

im just curious

--------------------
I don't suffer from insanity, i enjoy every minute of it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTroll Bot
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: why do YOU have a bad trip? [Re: birdbrain84]
    #10974331 - 08/31/09 05:59 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I forget I'm on a drug and believe the stories I was told about how psychedelics make people insane. From there I get stuck in loops and think my mind is stuck in a parralell universe as my body stays where I am tripping unable to communicate with anyone. INSANITY FTL

Invisiblesmack
Observer
Male

Loc: Land of the Ice and Snow Flag
Re: why do YOU have a bad trip? [Re: Troll Bot]
    #10974346 - 08/31/09 06:01 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I just get anxious and always imagine worst case scenarios arising. I need to deal with that quickly before I dose LSD for the first time.

--------------------
14:31

OfflineVibes
Good Vibes
Male

Loc: Flag
    #10974349 - 08/31/09 06:01 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

What is this "bad" trip you speak of? No such thing.

--------------------
:mushroom2:Good Vibes:mushroom2:

OfflineGrizzdude
Twistificated
 User Gallery

Loc: The year of the Big Dirty
    #10974381 - 08/31/09 06:06 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah man It reminded me of an everlasting ferris wheel, just around and around so many different feelings and emotions. I did way too much my first time, I was like living in a dream. But that really stuck out that constant loop roller coaster.

--------------------

Offlinebirdbrain84
Female User Gallery

#10974404 - 08/31/09 06:11 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Enpo said:
I forget I'm on a drug and believe the stories I was told about how psychedelics make people insane. From there I get stuck in loops and think my mind is stuck in a parralell universe as my body stays where I am tripping unable to communicate with anyone. INSANITY FTL

wait, if you forget that youre on a drug then why would stories about people who take psychedelics and go crazy matter?
lol
so you get stuck in loops too?
do you remember what thoughts you had while you were stuck in the loop?
i remember while i was on salvia and got stuck in a short loop i thought, o shit, i just saw this, o shit, i just saw this, am i gonna be stuck like this? shit i just saw this, crap i saw it again, so i ran down the stairs in panic and then this time at the end of the loop i saw the pipe i had smoked out of in my hand and i thought, am i just tripping? then i thought, no, im stuck in a cycle, then i came down a little and saw the  pipe again and thought, im just tripping!! i just smoked salvia!! and then i was extremely happy and my salvia trip was a lot like my shroom trip so i was happy that i "figured it out"

--------------------

Offlinebirdbrain84
Female User Gallery

Re: why do YOU have a bad trip? [Re: Vibes]
    #10974455 - 08/31/09 06:16 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

smack said:
I just get anxious and always imagine worst case scenarios arising. I need to deal with that quickly before I dose LSD for the first time.

that happens to some of my friends, but never happens to me..i actually feel safer when im tripping rather than sober =]
Quote:

Vibes said:
What is this "bad" trip you speak of? No such thing.

well during the trip i would call it bad, because i was out of control and crying and yelling and 100% sure i was going to die and that i had gone crazy, but half way through the trip when i just snapped out of it (still tripping balls) i had the best trip of my life and after ive come down all the way, thinking back on my experiences those "bad trips" (the only 2 bad trips ive ever had) were my favorite trips by far

--------------------

OfflineGrizzdude
Twistificated
 User Gallery

Loc: The year of the Big Dirty
    #10974536 - 08/31/09 06:29 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Well I wasn't crying or yelling, come to think of it I started yelling when the trip set in until my friends told me I was starting to trip. I'll never forget that I said really? Then looked out the window of the car and saw a Black Suberban with like 30 trails and said oh shit I'm trippin! But yeah later on when it got intense I remeber sitting there thinking this must feel like death, although I knew I wasn't going to die I really felt like this is what a dying persone goes through. Like I said that was my first time and I took way too much.

--------------------

Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: why do YOU have a bad trip? [Re: Grizzdude]
    #10974549 - 08/31/09 06:31 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I took way too much, it was beyond my control whether I wanted it to go good or bad, and the body load was way too heavy for me to enjoy anything.

--------------------
Imagination is the organ of meaning.

Offlinebirdbrain84
Female User Gallery

Re: why do YOU have a bad trip? [Re: showme]
    #10974575 - 08/31/09 06:34 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

yeah, taking too much is what i figured out caused my bad trips.
like that time on shrooms i ate too many and they upset my stomach, and the body high was so intense that i was sure i was going to die....

--------------------

Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

#10974617 - 08/31/09 06:39 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

bad trips are trips that i don't learn much from.

and yes, those trips exist. even when thinking back on them.

after a bad trip two nights ago, I don't understand how people can take like 10 grams.

--------------------

Invisiblesmack
Observer
Male

#10974633 - 08/31/09 06:41 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

birdbrain84 said:
yeah, taking too much is what i figured out caused my bad trips.
like that time on shrooms i ate too many and they upset my stomach, and the body high was so intense that i was sure i was going to die....

Never had an upset stomach on shrooms... Like Terrence McKenna, I just eat & chew, then swallow.

Odd, cause I'm generally a pretty closed minded person when it comes to what I eat.

--------------------

InvisiblePsilocypher
Explorer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: why do YOU have a bad trip? [Re: Grizzdude]
    #10974667 - 08/31/09 06:44 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I remember the first time i smoked salvia (20x) it was like what I describe as an 'echo of all senses.' All my vision, hearing, taste, smell and every single nerve on my body was stuck in a one second echo/delay effect. It was weird feeling the slightest sense of touch repeat itself throughout my body. I mean everything. Even just how I felt emotionally for a split-second repeated itself a few times and faded out. It was one of the strangest experiences of my life, and one of the best after I stopped panicking - the part that Terence McKenna describes as "knowing real fear" lol

--------------------

Offlinebirdbrain84
Female User Gallery

#10974669 - 08/31/09 06:44 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

showme said:
bad trips are trips that i don't learn much from.

and yes, those trips exist. even when thinking back on them.

after a bad trip two nights ago, I don't understand how people can take like 10 grams.

i do belive bad trips exist, ive never known anyone that this has happened to, but isnt it possible to have a really bad trip and after the trip youre still messed up mentally, like depressed or scared?

--------------------

Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

#10974704 - 08/31/09 06:48 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I think there's a sort of arrogance that comes with statements about bad trips being non-existant. One can't know every trip that has ever taken place, even if they themselves have had difficult trips that they've grown to love.

Besides, even if it's true that you can ALWAYS learn to some degree from every trip, some people wouldn't trade what they learned for the experience. Others don't have the ability afterwards to even learn from it.

--------------------

Offlinebirdbrain84
Female User Gallery

#10974731 - 08/31/09 06:51 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

showme said:
Others don't have the ability afterwards to even learn from it.

i wish i could learn more from my trips, most of the time theyre hard to remember

--------------------

Invisiblesmack
Observer
Male

#10974764 - 08/31/09 06:55 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

birdbrain84 said:
i wish i could learn more from my trips, most of the time theyre hard to remember

I plan to try this sometime, but you may want to test this out: Bring a camera, and document your trip as it happens. You can watch it later to be reminded of your experience and what you felt.

I feel each trip tells a story that is unique in it's own way. No 2 trips are ever the same.

--------------------

OfflineSadhguru
Guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: Satya Loka
    #10974813 - 08/31/09 06:59 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I think the only times my trips become 'bad', is if i stare thinking about shit in the past. Then i start to panic and actually have those events start to manifest in my present tripping reality. Like when i was younger, i was involved in combat and war. So i experienced a lot of death and torture and did some things that ultimately still creeps up in my mind from time to time. I get uncomfortable reliving those things, upset stomach, and then usually i puke...but i am sorta glad for those shitty experiences, because it did make me a stronger person throughout and better able to endure a lot more. Its all learning about the experience and accepting what was and is.

--------------------
When the many become the One

Offlinebirdbrain84
Female User Gallery

Re: why do YOU have a bad trip? [Re: smack]
    #10974839 - 08/31/09 07:03 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

smack said:
Quote:

birdbrain84 said:

I plan to try this sometime, but you may want to test this out: Bring a camera, and document your trip as it happens. You can watch it later to be reminded of your experience and what you felt.

I feel each trip tells a story that is unique in it's own way. No 2 trips are ever the same.

ive filmed during a trip before, but it didnt really help, all i said was stupid shit and there was no way to really know what was going on inside my head..and while im tripping i have trouble explaining whats going on

but..i cant do that anymore, both my camera and video camera were stolen :mad:

--------------------

InvisibleAquaKet
RC Connoisseur

Re: why do YOU have a bad trip? [Re: smack]
    #10974904 - 08/31/09 07:10 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Same stuff that most people get, I suppose.

-too strong of a body load (feeling nausea, coldness, or just flat out WEIRD energy flowing through my body, and also having my physical senses overlap one another and become distorted/TOO MUCH energy flowing through my body where I feel like I'm just going to BURST yet there's no outlet for it) this usually only happens in the beginning of my trip, though
-having thoughts about negative things in my life come to the surface and amplify themselves (which are paradoxically some of the BEST parts of my trips, because I almost always reach conclusions on how to fix certain things that have been bugging me)
-confusion (too much crap in my pockets, thought loops, etc.)

My mushroom trips are never just either "GOOD" or "BAD," though. Parts are good, and parts are bad. On the more "rough" trips though, I tend to learn more stuff that helps me in my life, and the comedown is AWESOME once the mindfuck goes away, I realize that I actually AM sane, and yet at the same time I'm still seeing awesome visuals.

On a final note, LSD is a MUCH smoother, "cleaner," more "transparent" trip for me. I love that lysergic bliss. Shrooms throw things in my face, whereas LSD let's me go where I want to (for the most part.)

--------------------
relax

...but that was many years from now and, i hope from here on out
i always seem to want to shout your eyes are like a cup of tea, ascend into the sun with me...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies