Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBob_J
Spaced outRabbit

Loc: alberta canada
cloning in pF jars?
    #1097130 - 11/29/02 11:50 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

hi, ive been growing mushrooms for about 2 years for personal use. ive stuck to the PF tek as its easy to do and i dont need lots.
i want to try and clone my shrooms. i read paul staments book a few years back, but unfortunitaly it went missing this year so i cant read up on it. i believe it had something about cloning, i know it has to be sterile in a glovebox and you slice the shroom down the middle and take out the inside of it? right?
heres where i get lost. since im growing PF style, how would i get the piece of stem inside the jars,? ive also read that you can use a syringe to do it to, but i dont know the tek or how it would work. ive searched the FAQ's maybe im a idiot..cant find much info on cloning.
can anybody give me a link or any simple advice on this.

thanks
bob j

--------------------

"With insomnia your never really asleep, and your never really awake"

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinerhizo
herb eater
Loc: Superposition of possible...
Re: cloning in pF jars? [Re: Bob_J]
    #1097237 - 11/30/02 12:20 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

you could go about it a few ways. i think agar would be the best and most interesting, but if you want simple and easy then i would suggest using the syringe method. the basic idea is to get a nice sterile piece of healthy myc from the stem or cap and then transfer it to agar or put it in a sterile solution of water and grind it into tiny pieces for inoculation. i've used a coffee grinder type of thing(a blender with a seed miller attachment) with good success, but i guess you can try pieces of glass or something else to break it up. here's a link
http://www.mycotopia.net/discus/messages/5/3384.html?1004627146

--------------------
An optimist is never pleasantly surprised.

Anonymous

Re: cloning in pF jars? [Re: Bob_J]
    #1097515 - 11/30/02 02:19 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

You can use a chunk of the inside of the stem and grow karo/honey water. Just look for karo water on the message board or in the FAQ.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies