Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
Signs that it's the right time for a trip?
    #6429033 - 01/05/07 07:24 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I was wondering how others decide when it's the right time for a trip?

I've seen a lot of posts on these forums from people who seem to trip very regularly (once a week / once every two weeks), but I was wondering how people decide on these intervals?

The first four experiences I had with mushrooms were all very positive.  The first two (alone) were weak, yet positive and straight-forward trips to begin, the 3rd was a medium-strength trip (with my bro) that really shown me the power of the substances in the visual and experiential fields, and the 4th (alone) was utterly mind-melting (in a very positive way).

Since the mind-blowing fourth trip, I decided that I would limit myself to one trip each month, based on advice I've read on the web...  however, even this proved to be difficult.  My 5th trip was not entirely pleasant and one instance was actually rather terrifying...  I felt under-prepared and disrespectful to the substance, despite waiting two months for it (longer than I originally planned).  Since then, it's gone either way; some positive, some negative.

I feel that I've learned a lot from my experiences (especially my most recent), but on the other hand I often feel that something is wrong, and yet I can't tell what it is.  My experiences also seem to become progressively more meaningful.

The last time I had mushrooms was around September, when my bro visited and we had a medium-strength dose.  The last intense dose that I had was around July, and I still don't feel that I'm quite over that yet.

Since my experience in September, I've stopped all hallucinogens (including pot, which I never felt was doing me any good anyway).  I was intending to visit a shaman in March for an Ayahuasca session, but that's on hold for now.  Yet, gradually for the first time since before I ever took mushrooms, I'm starting to feel the same way towards the psychedelic experience as I did prior to ever having taken any hallucinogen.

Does anyone relate to this?  I don't feel that I'm quite there yet, but given a few more months, I feel that I'll be ready for another experience with either mushrooms or possible Ayahuasca, and I feel that it could potentially be as special as that 4th mind-melting trip, though only time will tell (and I won't do it until I *know* that I'm ready)

But to take mushrooms once a week, once every two weeks, once a month, or even once every two months just seems too much for me.  Does anyone else feel like this?

Just curious.  I'm not exactly a normal person by any account anyways. :smile:

Turri

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestilltsie
Not a strangerbut my # ofposts doesntreflect it
Male
Re: Signs that it's the right time for a trip? [Re: TurricaN]
    #6429056 - 01/05/07 07:34 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I feel the same way. Perhaps its because I am scared of what lies ahead. I havent tripped in nearly a year but have been on the forums all day long for the past few days straight because Ive been itching to try again. I read somewhere before (and I completely agree) that when you know its time to does again, you just know. Its a nagging feeling inside. I personally couldn't handle dosing so often, something that is best saved for special occasions and to keep your ego in check, and not let its leash get too long.

Offlinefunkyjunky
Sigh Low Sippin'
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: brick city
    #6429073 - 01/05/07 07:38 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

For me, it is unexplainable.  Almost like I don't decide when to trip (other than abstaining for to school, work, etc), the trip decides when I'm ready and IT happens.

Just be sure of your SET & SETTING and all else will fall into place  :sun:.
:mushroom2: :mushroom2:

*PS I trip once a month nowadays, I wish it was more often, but I rarely have the time  :sad:.  I  :heart: to trip  :sun:.

--------------------
Long Live the Shroomery
Peace

Edited by funkyjunky (01/05/07 07:41 PM)

OfflineMr420
Stranger
Male

Loc: Oompa loompa land
Re: Signs that it's the right time for a trip? [Re: stilltsie]
    #6429093 - 01/05/07 07:44 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I trip plan like this,step one note day off when that certain urge kicks up plan the night before or that day to eat something shroomy,If everything goes well plans go through nothing bad happens no stess feeling good=down the gullet I make it a point to try and have at least 1 freind be able to come over it seems best to me to give away some to even better the spirit of that day.I eat something like once a month that way but wouldn't say it doesn't happen more or less often sometime,some months get skipped completely.Like a psycadellic instinct points me when it's time for pedro,time for shrooms or time for something else.Varying tastes may help too wana trip don't wana trip on shrooms well go for something new!

P.S.I eat smaller more fun doses often as that if you are one of those gung ho or going home guys,that happens 1-2 times a year.No one online really eats a eigth of shrooms once a week for long some may spend a month or 2 of once a week but they normally end up like you all freeked out to take them again,just eat a less it wouldn't be so scary.

Edited by Mr420 (01/05/07 08:01 PM)

OfflineNo_Life_G33k
Now with 10%less noobness
 User Gallery

#6429846 - 01/06/07 12:17 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

TurricaN said:
I was wondering how others decide when it's the right time for a trip?

Turri

You have mushrooms!!!  I take that as 'the sign'.

well, that and no mental issues/problems.  :wink:

--------------------
Hot Water Pasteuriztion - A How To Pictorial
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4527808/an/0/page/0

Make your own shroom chocolates
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4500682/an/0/page/5

guide with pix.

Make Your Own Magnetic Stirrer! How-To Tek w/ pix
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5865949/an/0/page/3

Edited by No_Life_G33k (01/06/07 12:19 AM)

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Re: Signs that it's the right time for a trip? [Re: No_Life_G33k]
    #6430255 - 01/06/07 06:15 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Psilocybin mushrooms are legally available to buy from shops here.  If I were tripping purely on the basis of availability, I'd never stop tripping (I have enough right now for about 5 *STRONG* trips). :smile:

The mental issues thing is one of my concerns.  I don't have any mental issues as far as I'm aware, but I'm naturally "different" in the head anyway (by my own assessment), and my doctor told me that pot may be causing me to become psychotic (I've known all along that pot has not been doing me any good...  it just doesn't feel "clean" like the mushroom experience).

I also know that shrooms have changed the way I think and I want to wait until those effects have subsided somewhat before taking shrooms again.

A good mushroom trip, IMO, should be very highly anticipated and should be positive in both the immediate experience and the days that follow.  I also don't trip until I have at least 3 free days (2 to recover), and have carefully prepared 6 hours of music, tidied my home and prepared food.

Edited by TurricaN (01/06/07 06:17 AM)

OfflineNalim
OTD Kelly Girl
Female User Gallery

Re: Signs that it's the right time for a trip? [Re: Mr420]
    #6430364 - 01/06/07 07:49 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Mr420 said:
P.S.I eat smaller more fun doses often as that if you are one of those gung ho or going home guys,that happens 1-2 times a year.No one online really eats a eigth of shrooms once a week for long some may spend a month or 2 of once a week but they normally end up like you all freeked out to take them again,just eat a less it wouldn't be so scary.

Word!

I have had a period of not doing psychedelics this fall and recently took a shroomtrip, I used a much smaller dose than I usually take and as a result I had a much better time.

When I know its time to trip is when the pulling feeling of the shrooms becomes stronger than the fear of knowing the intimate secrets of the universe(translates as; when I want to trip I trip)

--------------------

Rodney Brooks on Robots
Nalim said: "Quoting yourself is retarded."

InvisibleBlend
afferent orchestra
 User Gallery

Re: Signs that it's the right time for a trip? [Re: Nalim]
    #6430480 - 01/06/07 09:06 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Nast said:
When I know its time to trip is when the pulling feeling of the shrooms becomes stronger than the fear of knowing the intimate secrets of the universe(translates as; when I want to trip I trip)

oh man..
if you were me you'd be tripping every second.

OfflineNalim
OTD Kelly Girl
Female User Gallery

Re: Signs that it's the right time for a trip? [Re: Blend]
    #6430484 - 01/06/07 09:11 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

:lighter: Lucky you that you aren't me then!

I always feel the pull from the shrooms, but most of the time its accompanied by fear and respect.

--------------------

Rodney Brooks on Robots
Nalim said: "Quoting yourself is retarded."

Invisiblebelligerent
Degenerate stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hicksville, CA
    #6430517 - 01/06/07 09:31 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Like someone else said, when I have psychedelics (and a day off), it's time to trip.  Of course, I live in the Police States of America, so I rarely have that chance. :sad:

OfflineVampireSlayer
killing ghosts,zombies andvampires forlife
Male User Gallery

Re: Signs that it's the right time for a trip? [Re: belligerent]
    #6430539 - 01/06/07 09:45 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

i trip whenever I feel like it, which is usually once a week :lol:

--------------------
I Don't come to fight flesh and blood but spiritual wickedness in high and low places

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
Re: Signs that it's the right time for a trip? [Re: VampireSlayer]
    #6430695 - 01/06/07 10:43 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I just recently gathered up the mental courage to trip again, last trip I had was a bad trip. A lot has changed since then, So I'll be doing 2g as opposed to the usual 1/8th.

Im debating whether to trip alone or not though, I have a close friend who is very eager to trip, and for a change I wouldn't mind the company - but its the first mushroom trip I would of had since the end of last summer. I've eaten plenty of chemicals (acid + 2cb) since then and been fine, but after my last mushroom experience I shall enter it with the utmost respect. I don't plan on tripping for another week or 2 (as I have an exam on friday) and I need to get myself into a more pure frame of mind (I want this trip to be spiritually defining).

Also I've quit smoking pot which I hope should influence my trip in a positive way :smile:

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

OfflineVampireSlayer
killing ghosts,zombies andvampires forlife
Male User Gallery

Re: Signs that it's the right time for a trip? [Re: Cepheus]
    #6430770 - 01/06/07 11:09 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Tolerance is a bitch though. I took 6 grams last night and I got the same effects as if I had taken 1.5-2 grams 5 months back. oh well that just means i gotta grow more and eat more  :evil:  :hehehe:  :hehehe:  :hehehe:

--------------------
I Don't come to fight flesh and blood but spiritual wickedness in high and low places

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
    #6430771 - 01/06/07 11:10 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I would advise that you feel a bit more secure about your trip before you introduce a first timer, in which case he might require care.

I only trip a few times a year, it varies a lot though. And I usually have a two or three periods in which I'll have a couple of Salvia trips. I always do Salvia alone when I feel a pull, a curiosity that outweighs the 'fear', to do it and then after a couple of trips I don't do it for a long time.
I usually do longer lasting trips (mushrooms, RCs etc) with a group of friends, and this usually happens when we have a discussion some night where we plan a trip a week or two in advance.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
Re: Signs that it's the right time for a trip? [Re: cybrbeast]
    #6430857 - 01/06/07 11:36 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

oh hes not a first timer, I've taken him on a few of my psychedelic adventures - acid, 2cb, mushrooms

He's just eager as he doesn't get the chance very often :smile:

To be honest I don't even know why I feel insecure - last time I tripped - which was on 2cb I ate about 70-80mg (don't know for sure cause we eyeballed the doses at my dealers and I weighed it in a rizzla bomb before I ate it on my 2dp scales ..) I was scared of just letting go, there was something I didnt want to confront and was avoiding, yet I have no real conflict in my life - it could of just been the high dose of 2cb. I think I'll be fine but I don't want a reapeat of my previous mushroom trip.

Its not like Im not looking forward to it, I can't wait personally - but half of the reason I stopped smoking is cause of the anxiety and paranoia that ensued (yet on nye I got hella baked with a few of my mates at a house party and was fine) - which is partly why I don't want to trip on my own cause I feel quite secure around this person - but then If I ate a  low dose on my own and just sat and chilled Im sure it would be a magical experience. I'm really quite torn between what I should do :blush:

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
    #6434411 - 01/07/07 11:25 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not sure I'll be touching Salvia again.

I've had some really fun times with Salvia and nothing too bad, so to speak, but every time I sit down with the Salvia bong, my heart seems to race at unhealthy rates... and that's BEFORE I've even taken the hit.

InvisibleInfested
Stranger
Male
    #6434554 - 01/07/07 12:44 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

If i have mushrooms, i eat them if i had one week break from last time at least. And then its just depends if i wanna to them and do i have anything important to do or to be done. How i feel, health wise. Hows my mind state (do i need a bigger break).

InvisibleUbermensch
Hunter gatherer
Male

Loc: Pac Northwest
    #6436034 - 01/07/07 07:31 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I seem to want to trip when I want to re-evaluate my life. This isn't very frequent(5 times in the last 2 years). It also has to happen when I have very few responsibilities.

--------------------
Once the sin against God was the greatest sin; but God has died, and those sinners died with him. To sin against the earth is now the most dreadful sin, and to esteem the entrails of the unknowable higher than the meaning of the earth!

Offlinesheldogg5
Stranger
Male

Loc: Arlen, TX
    #10966273 - 08/30/09 01:34 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

last time i tripped (about a month ago) which was my first time i tripped very hard, and had a good experience with it, when i was done i said to myself i'm probably good on that for about a year because it was so intense.  but in the weeks to follow i kept thinking about everything i experienced and am now going to trip again very soon  :smile:

--------------------
everything i post is entirely fictional
"and then one day you find 10 years have got behind you no one told you when to run...you missed the starting gun"

"for long you live and high you fly, but only if you ride the tide, balanced on the biggest wave you race towards an early grave"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate