Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineNoFaceToSave
Musician

My parents are badgering me to apply at walmart
    #10956592 - 08/28/09 05:07 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Im 22, live at home, work at a church part time. I have a very solid work history including working for the community college and in factory production, I have an associates in automotive engineering and their are absolutely no jobs in south eastern michigan.

I think I would rather enlist, get my hair shaved off, go through breaking my fragile body in bootcamp and get shot at over in afganistan than work for walmart....

I think ima hang myself with a dress belt from my doorknob if I seriously end up working their.... Im smoking weed right now!! as if I can pass a drug test, it would take me an entire month to detox.

For serious..
All my friends suck, my girlfriend is the only cool person in my life, my parents always jump to the most ridiculous conclusion leaving them absolutely useless to confide in.

If it wasn't for my girlfriend I would enlist today, maybe in the airforce as a mechanic or something. I've talked to her about it and she doesn't want any part of that. I dont think she would leave me but even is she did im getting to that point in life where it all goes really really fast from here and frankly I don't give a fuck anymore.

I always thought my purpose was music but I can't do it anymore, its simply not in me. I feel my lifeforce getting weaker everytime I try to make a big push for music.

I feel like im sitting here constantly waiting for something, what it is I will never know. I try "doing" and it only leads back to here what am I not learning?

Edited by NoFaceToSave (08/28/09 05:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: My parents are badgering me to apply at walmart [Re: NoFaceToSave]
    #10956610 - 08/28/09 05:11 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Who gives a shit about your girlfriend, go enlist, or it'll be too late, sounds like you're going nowhere fast.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

OfflineNewfound_wonder
Social Outcast
Re: My parents are badgering me to apply at walmart [Re: pfxtc]
    #10956621 - 08/28/09 05:14 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

My advice is to get some JWH-018 and stop smoking pot so you can pass a drug test and get a decent job.  Even better, stop using drugs altogether until you have your life on track.

--------------------
If it's good for fungus, it's good for us...

OfflineNoFaceToSave
Musician

Re: My parents are badgering me to apply at walmart [Re: pfxtc]
    #10956631 - 08/28/09 05:15 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

pfxtc said:
Who gives a shit about your girlfriend, go enlist, or it'll be too late, sounds like you're going nowhere fast.

It seems like no matter where I go im going to end up brainwashed anyways.

I can quit smoking weed, Its not hard for me. I quit for 2 weeks prior to this week when I figuered no one was getting back to me on any jobs.

Their seems to be alot of benifits to enlisting, and I have a degree already so maybe I can get into some sort of officer program? I dont know things are going to go super fast.

--------------------
“By calling attention to ‘a well regulated militia’, the ’security’ of the nation, and the right of each citizen ‘to keep and bear arms’, our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy. Although it is extremely unlikely that the fears of governmental tyranny which gave rise to the Second Amendment will ever be a major danger to our nation, the Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships, in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason, I believe the Second Amendment will always be important.”
John F. Kennedy, April 1960

OfflineNoFaceToSave
Musician

Re: My parents are badgering me to apply at walmart [Re: Newfound_wonder]
    #10956642 - 08/28/09 05:18 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Newfound_wonder said:
My advice is to get some JWH-018 and stop smoking pot so you can pass a drug test and get a decent job.  Even better, stop using drugs altogether until you have your life on track.

Ima definitly quit the drugs tonight. I have one bowl left and its getting fired right now. Its easy to tell my scummy friends that im not smoking, they annoy the piss out of me anyways. No one around me seems to be on the same level except the little lady.

--------------------
“By calling attention to ‘a well regulated militia’, the ’security’ of the nation, and the right of each citizen ‘to keep and bear arms’, our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy. Although it is extremely unlikely that the fears of governmental tyranny which gave rise to the Second Amendment will ever be a major danger to our nation, the Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships, in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason, I believe the Second Amendment will always be important.”

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #10956699 - 08/28/09 05:30 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

NoFaceToSave said:
I think I would rather enlist, get my hair shaved off, go through breaking my fragile body in bootcamp and get shot at over in afganistan than work for walmart....

you should give it serious consideration

except the getting shot in afghanistan, that usually ends the fun

Offlinedesiretoheal
Seeker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here
    #10956713 - 08/28/09 05:33 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

sure, that's a great alternative..join the army like the other idiots out there. You either use drugs for all the wrong reasons or you are too afraid to step up your game a bit. If you fear that you will always end up getting brainwashed then you obviously have a lot of reflection to do. Why do you feel like your mind can be easily controlled? It's your fucking mind man, you control it if you really want Gain a bit of character.

Who cares if you work at wal-mart for a little bit. Do it until you gain enough material to shine some extra light on your music aspirations. It's not impossible but it almost will be if you think you can just make a living from music starting from nil.

it's really tough finding a job these days so just grab it unless you find a better option. You need to be in the shit-hole to be able to get a clear message portraying it(i'm assuming through music). Isn't money wonderful?

--------------------
If there were no rewards to reap,No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here,I certainly would've walked away by now.
Gonna wait it out.
If there were no desire to heal The damaged and broken met along
This tedious path I've chosen hereI certainly would've walked away by now.
And I still may ... (sigh) ... I still may.Be patient.
I must keep reminding myself of this.

OfflineSatival
Stranger

Re: My parents are badgering me to apply at walmart [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #10956727 - 08/28/09 05:35 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Don't work at walmart. Fuck that shit. Tell your parents that they should go work there and see how they like it. Learn a trade, or just ask around. You can always find good jobs if you patient, not lazy, and know where to look.

Edit: Join the army? I thought you smoke pot and therefor probably wouldn't like to blow the shit out of people because your CO tells you to?

Edited by Satival (08/28/09 05:39 PM)

OfflineNoFaceToSave
Musician

Re: My parents are badgering me to apply at walmart [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #10956743 - 08/28/09 05:38 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

NoFaceToSave said:

you should give it serious consideration

except the getting shot in afghanistan, that usually ends the fun

Your right, the coastgaurd would better suit my cheeky demenor

im less likely to be attacked by children with RPG's... LESS likely...

Enlisting would solve alot of problems and thats exactly how the government wants it...

I would hate to loose my girlfriend becasue I enlisted but I cant sit here waiting for some golden opprotunity that I dont see comming.

I think im going to end up working at walmart till I about go postal then enlist in one of the non combat positions in the military, at that point im sure if she's going to leave me she will have left me, this way im not making the biggest mistake of my life.

--------------------

Offlinecurious mouse
meandering wanderer
Male User Gallery

#10956746 - 08/28/09 05:39 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

are there realy no other options than wal-mart and the military?

Offlinefungusfeller
TIMMY
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Park
    #10956747 - 08/28/09 05:39 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

i don't know you but from what you have said it sounds like the service would be a good thing.:justdontknow: i wish i did :rolleyes: not to change the subject but if i had access to holy water i would think about misting my shrooms with it now and then:wink:

--------------------

TIMMY PUKESPLASH

OfflineSatival
Stranger

Re: My parents are badgering me to apply at walmart [Re: fungusfeller]
    #10956765 - 08/28/09 05:42 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Joining the military is great if you have no problems with invading and killing for lots of money, then being scarred mentally for the rest of your life. If that's your thing then yeah go for it.

Offlinedesiretoheal
Seeker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here
Re: My parents are badgering me to apply at walmart [Re: Satival]
    #10956773 - 08/28/09 05:45 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

the people I know that joined the military usually have drinking problems. just thought it was pretty amusing to share.

--------------------
If there were no rewards to reap,No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here,I certainly would've walked away by now.
Gonna wait it out.
If there were no desire to heal The damaged and broken met along
This tedious path I've chosen hereI certainly would've walked away by now.
And I still may ... (sigh) ... I still may.Be patient.
I must keep reminding myself of this.

Offlinefungusfeller
TIMMY
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Park
Re: My parents are badgering me to apply at walmart [Re: desiretoheal]
    #10956841 - 08/28/09 05:56 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

desiretoheal said:
the people I know that joined the military usually have drinking problems. just thought it was pretty amusing to share.

most of the people i know didn't serve and have drinking problems

--------------------

TIMMY PUKESPLASH

Offlinegobbo
from the mind of a man

Loc: Nova Scotia
Re: My parents are badgering me to apply at walmart [Re: Satival]
    #10956845 - 08/28/09 05:56 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

we are similar. i have just got a degree and must find a source of income.

i have chosen to work a job in the meanwhile as i get something creative started on my free time. maybe look into other arts (other than music) if you are an artistic person

OfflineNoFaceToSave
Musician

Re: My parents are badgering me to apply at walmart [Re: curious mouse]
    #10957419 - 08/28/09 07:26 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

curious mouse said:
are there realy no other options than wal-mart and the military?

Thats basicly it yup.

Im going to quit smoking weed and go apply my yappy ass at walmart, this is gonna suck. If it sucks bad enough for long enough and nothing better pops up i'll enlist.

--------------------

InvisibleKnifey Mcstab
Sir Prancelot Brainfire
Male

Loc: PNW
    #10957443 - 08/28/09 07:29 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

You should join the Air Force.

--------------------

OfflineNoFaceToSave
Musician

Re: My parents are badgering me to apply at walmart [Re: Knifey Mcstab]
    #10957449 - 08/28/09 07:31 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Knifey Mcstab said:
You should join the Air Force.

Thats what i was thinking, the airforce or the coast gaurd.

I dont meet physical requiements and I sure as fuck can't run a mile in under 10 mins just yet. I couldn't get in right now if I really wanted too.

Their arn't any apprentisnships in this area I can get in to lean a trade, im really not about to go back to college to end up right back here again.

I wish I had a set job like my uncle, he's an industrial electrician mostly working with three phase power, he's up on ladders all the time wich kinda sucks but his work pays well and is secure.

If I quit smoking weed its either

Walmart
Valvoline Oil Change
Sears Tire and battery replacement
Pilot gas station maintence

None of those seems to be going ANYWHERE........ I worked hard in college and payed all that money for this, the exact same jobs I would be getting without college....

Those arn't careers, just barely life sustaining.

I should have studied forestry or law but nooooo I have an associates in automotive engineering

Edited by NoFaceToSave (08/28/09 07:41 PM)

Invisibleoblio
Stranger
    #10957619 - 08/28/09 07:54 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

hey dude.

i can relate a little bit. i am a musician living at home.

i worked in the uk equivalent of walmart for about 9 months.

it sucked but actually was a really useful experience looking back. for lots of people working for scumbags is their only option in life really. it was eye opening really to meet these people who feel blessed to be able to earn money regularly.

i'm not sure where you're at with music stuff but I know that sometimes it just doesn't come out and there is no way to force it. to join the military might limit your options (though maybe you can make it work, and maybe being in the military might be eye opening in the same way that corperate disgusting retail was for me).

not sure that I can really give too much solid advice, cos there is a lot of grey area from person to person in these big decisions.

i'd find it difficult to not smoke weed, but it's do-able.

Offlineinlakesh1
King
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
    #10957632 - 08/28/09 07:56 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

r u an Asian gurl under the age of 16?

--------------------
I feel life is desperate for a new vacation, or maybe some high powered vaccines and medications. Pharmaceuticals rule the nation, that's why I'm sitting here like a shriveled up piece of delectable bacon. What's next guys? And how do I make my hunger go away and stop craving. Just a fork full of flesh skin helps every one awaken. Now quit crying at the clouds like you're proud of your'e making, try and sit down and be happily endlessly soaking in a blow up Jacuzzi with a hot ass naked version of Lord Satan. (But don't allow any Faith in.)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale