Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFungus Amongus
Spore Herder
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Central Florida Hunting...
    #10858210 - 08/14/09 08:38 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I live in central florida and I don't get where anyone is finding these shrooms? Its all commercial owned real estate and private cow pastures....if I saw 2 people hovering over some grass in a field, I'd be asking questions and ruffling feathers about it... SO how are all of you finding all these mushrooms and not getting caught? Do you just know people who have cows? Do you travel to rural areas of central fl? If I live in "a major central florida metropolis" am I pretty much out of luck? I'm sure Ocala is loaded but I'm not going to drive up there, find a cow pasture, park my car on the side of the road and start crawling around on my hands and knees...I'll be busted in 2 seconds. I know you can't give away spots and locations but ..c'mon..gimmie a clue or something! Is it what you know, or who you know?

--------------------
I hate long winded signatures.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekoraks
Re: Central Florida Hunting... [Re: Fungus Amongus]
    #10858236 - 08/14/09 08:49 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Use your imagination and common sense. They make the advice you're asking for superfluous and if you're lacking either, no advice will be able to help you anyway.

I'm sorry to be putting it this bluntly, but threads like these pop up a couple of times a week and they never really go anywhere. It's like asking how to ride a bicycle, I suppose. One could make a life long study of reading on the subject and never get the hang of it, but a kid generally learns the trick within one or two days without having to read a letter. Learning = experiencing.

Now go out there and use your head.

OfflineFungus Amongus
Spore Herder
Male User Gallery

Re: Central Florida Hunting... [Re: koraks]
    #10858362 - 08/14/09 09:47 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah but if I had never ridden or seen a bike before you would say... you want to start on a small hill and just try balancing with your feet off the ground, then move on to using the pedals. make sure to use the right hand brake only because the left one if for your front wheel and could result in you flipping over your handlebars...

now whats so hard about saying that for shrooms?

oh and unlike a bike ride...this can get me arrested so...yeah...not something I wanna go figure out through trial and error....

I can grow them anyway so its not a big deal for me. I'll just wait till I have 100 posts and find a hunting partner...

--------------------

Edited by Fungus Amongus (08/14/09 09:49 AM)

Offlinecubeeater
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #10859053 - 08/14/09 12:46 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I go to about 10 different fields,so I'm not seen in the same field.You are going to have to go to some country back roads,and just look.There are days that I drive for 5 to 10 hours looking for fields.I look for fields more than I'm actually picking in the fields.It is kinda hard to start , but once you see what kind of fields produce they are everywhere.Im me and we'll talk about it in more detail if you want.Later

Offlinejackgreen
JG
Male
Re: Central Florida Hunting... [Re: cubeeater]
    #10872490 - 08/16/09 08:17 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Take a bike ride to the field, a bike is very easy to conceal....................  Don't go with two people; your right that does look odd.  Go alone and have an alibi and there is one less person with a diff story and nervous look.  Good luck.

InvisiblePolk_Audio3
Moon Cricket
Male User Gallery

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: Central Florida Hunting... [Re: jackgreen]
    #10872706 - 08/16/09 08:57 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Stick around what posts from FL members there is a thread that has nothing but, FL hunters.

You're not always going to get caught you will find them keep trying.

--------------------

Offlinegreatfulhunters
psiloseeker
Male User Gallery

Re: Central Florida Hunting... [Re: jackgreen]
    #10872741 - 08/16/09 09:04 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

get droped off at good lookin areas by a friend at night with a good mini mag light.have him meet u at same spot in lets say 1 hr. focus the lite only on the ground below you and walk slow and look good .ive been doin this findin subbs in small horse pastures with houses close by and have not been bagged yet.oh ya watch out for any bulls.if you see one in a pasture,find another.i got a little fenced one night from one of those BMFS

Offlinemadchef81
capt.ketchup
Male User Gallery

Loc: CityofChamps Flag
Re: Central Florida Hunting... [Re: greatfulhunters]
    #10874900 - 08/17/09 09:28 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Here's a hint if cubensis grow on dung and there are lots of cow fields in Florida, hence a lot of dung, do you think we all own the cow pastures we hunt? That's a rhetorical question by the way.  Grow a pair and hop a fence.  Your right about farmers taking notice to their fields but chances are (if your smart) you'll have an escape route and they won't even catch you.  If they do run up on your ass be prepared to get sprayed with salt pellets and to kiss the ground the walk on.  Lots of apologies and cordial behavior might save your ass.  AND IF YOU GROW THEM, DO IT and leave these silly threads outta here.  Peace.

--------------------
Raoul Duke: We had two bags of grass, 75 pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a saltshaker half-full og cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, laughers, screamers... Also a qt. Of tequila, qt. of rum, case of beer, pint of raw either, & two dzn amyls.  Not that we need it, but once you get locked in a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.  The only thing that worried me was the either.  There is nothing more irresponsable and deprived than a man in the depths of an either binge.

Offlinejdmramon
Stranger

Re: Central Florida Hunting... [Re: madchef81]
    #10875432 - 08/17/09 11:50 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I live in the panhandle and even though there is much ag land only 30 minutes away from me I am having a horrible time finding fields and once I do I have only had two successful ventures over the past year. What is the best way to locate the fields. And does anyone know of a book that specifically targets florida and psilocybin shroomies ?

Offlinegoldennic007
Balanced
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ideal realitY
Re: Central Florida Hunting... [Re: jdmramon]
    #10876969 - 08/17/09 04:30 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I just posted a journal on a cubensis that I found in late July in a cow pasture in Lakeland.  Its the only psilocybe I've found this summer out of multiple attempts.  I still hunt weekly but I am hoping for better results in late summer and all of fall.  Based on what I have read in articles and Paul Stamets Psilocybes of the World, the ideal conditions for many psilocybes like cubensis is warm to moderate temperatures.  I think its too hot and sunny during the day for much growth right now.  I feel the best time will be in about 4 weeks for central florida.  No one has to listen to me about anything.  Just giving my experience and thoughts.

--------------------
Amsterdam Honeymoon:rave:

OfflineRingo
Jupiter
 User Gallery

Re: Central Florida Hunting... [Re: goldennic007]
    #10877944 - 08/17/09 07:26 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I to live in Central FL. I recently moved here so currently I do not know of any fruitful fields or else I would help you out with that.

Its a ridiculous question to ask how all these people are hunting yet this entire site is not arrested. People don't always get caught doing illegal things. How many time have you gone 1mph over the speed limit on a daily bases? Do you get pulled over and ticketed every time you do?

You just have to go out and do it. I had some fields I used to go to on a weekly basis back in East FL and never once ran into a problem.

1. First of all wear dark clothing (obviously)
2.Go at around 3am not only are people sleeping but that is when you should find the highest fruit yield.
3. Have someone drop you off. A car is the main reason why people get caught. When it is pitch dark out side it is hard to see a all black person walking around through an all black night. Especially when there are moving objects already out there such as cows.
4. Use your flashlight sparingly. I personally have a little flash light attached to my key chain so if I was caught I wouldn't have a mag light in my pocket. A light is a dead give away so I only use one after I have spotted a patch and I am IDing them as candidates or crap. Shrooms are white (generally) so if you let your eyes become used to the dark which can take up to 30 min they begin popping out everywhere.
5. I never had a problem going with a buddy. I think it is better because you have 2 sets of eyes and ears on a look out for potential pissed off farmers.
6.Wear running shoes because you might need them.
7.Be confident if your sketched out you will be paranoid at every slight noise and have a horrible time

When I used to go I found it to be quite therapeutic and enjoyed just being out side looking for little morsels of gold.

(Not Tested) Finally if you are really THAT scared, ask the farmer. Worst thing there going to do is yell at you and tell you to get off the farm. Then you know for sure that is a bad field to pick.

If you find any good Central FL fields let me know :smile:

--------------------
:1upmario:

OfflineFungus Amongus
Spore Herder
Male User Gallery

Re: Central Florida Hunting... [Re: Ringo]
    #10888183 - 08/19/09 06:42 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Well thanks for all the advice all.

I realize people do illegal things and get away with it all the time. I also realize I could probably get away with it myself, I just wanted as much info on it as I could before I got dropped off in a field at 3am with a keychain flashlight...

I think I'll wait till I get 100 Posts and find a partner for hunting... maybe not madchef as the term salt pellets was used and all I could think was that scene from kill bill 2.

If anyone is looking for a partner for hunting, I'd be more than happy to split the findings 70/30 in lieu of experience.

I think its too hot as well around here although it rains nicely everyday. Maybe in 4-6 weeks it will cool and will be a good time to pick.

Thanks again for all the info!

--------------------

OfflineFloridaMushroom
The Florida NooB

#10888974 - 08/19/09 11:07 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Stay away from calahan! :thumbup:

Offlinegoldennic007
Balanced
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ideal realitY
Re: Central Florida Hunting... [Re: FloridaMushroom]
    #10946245 - 08/27/09 02:20 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

yesterday morning i found cubes and pans, this morning i went to 3 different fields and found NOTHING.  this is ridiculous!  how's everyone else doing?

--------------------
Amsterdam Honeymoon:rave:

OfflineFungus Amongus
Spore Herder
Male User Gallery

Re: Central Florida Hunting... [Re: goldennic007]
    #10947226 - 08/27/09 09:30 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

dont ask me... I dont know my ass from my elbow...thank goodness for jars...

--------------------

Offlinegreatfulhunters
psiloseeker
Male User Gallery

#10950267 - 08/27/09 06:50 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

mabey someone beat you to the treasure:sad:id say keep tryin  the same field or ones close to it when conditions are good.im sure the gods will smile down upon u again:mushroom2:

OfflineFungus Amongus
Spore Herder
Male User Gallery

Re: Central Florida Hunting... [Re: greatfulhunters]
    #10953729 - 08/28/09 07:06 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Yes and when they do, if you can manage to get a good print off one, I'd like it!

--------------------

OfflineTruffle Muscle
Ani veAtah Neshane et HaOlam!

Loc: Florida
    #10954310 - 08/28/09 10:38 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

There's a lot of good fields in Citrus County, although
if I catch you in my field, I'll pepper your ass with
some salt pellets from 3 ft.

--------------------
Hakol Beseder B'Eli Haseder
:dancingbacon:

OfflineFungus Amongus
Spore Herder
Male User Gallery

Re: Central Florida Hunting... [Re: Truffle Muscle]
    #10955865 - 08/28/09 03:27 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Truffle Muscle said:

well what about hiring me as your migrant worker? I'll pick your fields for only 20% of the findings...thats a steal! :slaves:

--------------------

OfflineTruffle Muscle
Ani veAtah Neshane et HaOlam!

Loc: Florida
    #10956242 - 08/28/09 04:16 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Fungus Amongus said:
Quote:

Truffle Muscle said:

well what about hiring me as your migrant worker? I'll pick your fields for only 20% of the findings...thats a steal! :slaves:

Check Your PM's

--------------------
Hakol Beseder B'Eli Haseder
:dancingbacon:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale